Extra Night on the Triumph..

tabbi_cakes

If a cruise is cut short or extended for reasons out of the guests control, how many points will the guests earn since we are basing it on the actual number of days sailed?

As a gesture of goodwill we will never decrease the number of cruise days earned as a result of extenuated circumstances. In cases were an additional day is added we will increase the number of cruise days.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-1197306

I can guarantee Carnival will give any of these passengers whatever they want, by default they are automatically upgraded to the Gerry Cahill suite at every booking.

LOL! If that we're true! We are just off the Triumph last night (ok, early this morning) and sitting in the Hilton in New Orleans waiting for our bus to the airport. Would be nice if we were offered automatic suite upgrades! Someone email Gerry and tell him.

LOL! If that we're true! We are just off the Triumph last night (ok, early this morning) and sitting in the Hilton in New Orleans waiting for our bus to the airport. Would be nice if we were offered automatic suite upgrades! Someone email Gerry and tell him.

Welcome back to dry land!

Welcome back to land!

This is completely untrue. They did this to me. I booked a 7 day cruise and due to Hurricane Irene it was cut short a day and they only gave me credit for 6 days not 7. I even e-mailed them on their website and they did not correct it. I'm not a happy camper that they aren't consistent with how they treat people. Do you know who I can e-mail to get this corrected?

The original quote was the wrong one. This is the one I meant to quote.

This is completely untrue. They did this to me. I booked a 7 day cruise and due to Hurricane Irene it was cut short a day and they only gave me credit for 6 days not 7. I even e-mailed them on their website and they did not correct it. I'm not a happy camper that they aren't consistent with how they treat people. Do you know who I can e-mail to get this corrected?

Trying for the third time. This the quote that was untrue for how they counted my days.

"If a cruise is cut short or extended for reasons out of the guests control, how many points will the guests earn since we are basing it on the actual number of days sailed?

As a gesture of goodwill we will never decrease the number of cruise days earned as a result of extenuated circumstances. In cases were an additional day is added we will increase the number of cruise days. "

If a cruise is cut short or extended for reasons out of the guests control, how many points will the guests earn since we are basing it on the actual number of days sailed?

As a gesture of goodwill we will never decrease the number of cruise days earned as a result of extenuated circumstances. In cases were an additional day is added we will increase the number of cruise days.

Hurricane Irene was prior to the implementation of the VIFP program. I don't know if the program will recognize retroactively or not. Try calling sometime and talking to a live person about it.

They did that to us also. Bad weather kept the previous cruise from coming in on time so our 7 day went to a 6 day and that's all we got credit for.

A question I have, more just speculation though.

Were there any pier runners at the last port that missed the ship? Would they then get the benefits the rest of the passenger list got??

Not pier runners that I saw but there was one man who was taken away by ambulance in Cozumel.

We were at sea an extra two days than planned due to dodging Hurricane Gustav. Yes, I show 6 days/points for that cruise instead of the intended 4 days.

I was at sea three extra days for Hurricane Frances in 2004 and I emailed customer service and received the reply that I would not get the additional days since it was just originally a 5 day. It's not a huge deal, b/c I certainly only paid for a 5 day, but just based on a few threads on the board like this one, I had thought maybe I should have been credited 8 days. Hmmmmm....

I'm wondering if the extra nights on the Triumph count towards the passengers' next VIFP Club Level?

NO! We were on the Conquest for two extra days in 2005 because Hurricane Rita closed the Port of Galveston. When I tried to get this two extra days credit I was told that they couldn't because those days were not part of the original "paid for" itinerary.

Archived