Will NCL talk to me if I used a TA?

towel-animal

I booked my cruise with a travel agent. I heard today that someone else booked in a studio, called and got quite a bit of OBC and some goodies when he pointe out that the current price was 150 less than what he paid. Can I call myself and see if I can get something? Or would they only speak to the TA? Only asking because I had my TA call twice about cabin changes, and I'd feel embarrassed having her call again for something else.

I booked my cruise with a travel agent. I heard today that someone else booked in a studio, called and got quite a bit of OBC and some goodies when he pointe out that the current price was 150 less than what he paid. Can I call myself and see if I can get something? Or would they only speak to the TA? Only asking because I had my TA call twice about cabin changes, and I'd feel embarrassed having her call again for something else.

You will have to talk to your TA.

We made a booking directly with NCL and I asked about what would happen if I transfer the reservation to a TA at a later time. NCL said that as long as I made the original reservation directly with them, that I can still call them directly if I want to, even after the reservation is transferred to a TA. They also said that would not be the case if I made the original reservation directly with the TA. Then I would need to contact the TA directly for all communications.

That sounds strange, but that is what NCL told me. Does anyone have experience with this?

We made a booking directly with NCL and I asked about what would happen if I transfer the reservation to a TA at a later time. NCL said that as long as I made the original reservation directly with them, that I can still call them directly if I want to, even after the reservation is transferred to a TA. They also said that would not be the case if I made the original reservation directly with the TA. Then I would need to contact the TA directly for all communications.

That sounds strange, but that is what NCL told me. Does anyone have experience with this?

Never heard of this in my life. Once that booking is transferred, the reservation is owned by the TA. I know you might be able to call and ask a general question of NCL in general but nothing having to do with any financial aspects.

If that's what they told you, they didn't know what they were talking about. Either that or you misunderstood. Reservations transferred to TA requires you contact the TA.

Does anyone know if you can book your excursions, set up spa stuff, request the two beds put together, etc. if you used a TA to book your cruise? My TA has done a great job setting up the cruise itself, but I would just as soon take care of these kinds of things myself.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can book your excursions, set up spa stuff, request the two beds put together, etc. if you used a TA to book your cruise? My TA has done a great job setting up the cruise itself, but I would just as soon take care of these kinds of things myself.

Thanks!

Your bedding request should be done through the TA. Also, anything like allergies or gluten free meals.

Everything else you can do at My NCL.

Archived