Problem and information about Sapphire

Casanova02

Check out the webcam right now...it looks like paradise!

Mitsugirly<---missing Sapphire right now (it's snowing here :()

I guess you prefer white sand than white snow... ;)

I'm from Montreal, Querbec and we had lot of snow this winter and i HATE winter even if the snow is white....

12 long days....

I guess you prefer white sand than white snow... ;)

I'm from Montreal, Querbec and we had lot of snow this winter and i HATE winter even if the snow is white....

12 long days....

You bet I do!! I hate snow as well and keep telling myself that one day I'll move to Florida where it's warm "most" of the time, there's no snow, and I'm close enough to drive to a cruise port at any time. :D

I see they have a volleyball net. my DD plays beach volleyball does anyone know if they have balls there to use?

Another ? does anyone know how much $ and how old you have to be to drive the waverunners at the marina?

Thanks

Just back from the very port-intensive southern caribbean itinerary. Sapphire was our beach of choice in St Thomas. We hopped on an open-air bus at the taxi hub in town for $10pp. Rented $7 chairs and the guy moved all 6 of them close to some trees so we had the option of sun or shade all day. Out of all the beaches we visited last week, the restrooms here were some of the best. My #1 Tip to anyone going to Sapphire soon: The rum punch from the little hut to the left of the bar. OMG! $8 each, but they were creamy and delicious. Keep walking down the beach and you will see a small stand selling Rum Punch or Painkillers. Spoiler Alert-after 2 drinks you will not remember the ride back to the ship or if you paid the taxi driver:confused:

I see they have a volleyball net. my DD plays beach volleyball does anyone know if they have balls there to use?

Another ? does anyone know how much $ and how old you have to be to drive the waverunners at the marina?

Thanks

Sorry, the volleyball net is for condo guests, there are no balls. I didn't get a price but I remember others posting prices and they were similar to other places. Try searching using sapphire and wave runners.

Just back from the very port-intensive southern caribbean itinerary. Sapphire was our beach of choice in St Thomas. We hopped on an open-air bus at the taxi hub in town for $10pp. Rented $7 chairs and the guy moved all 6 of them close to some trees so we had the option of sun or shade all day. Out of all the beaches we visited last week, the restrooms here were some of the best. My #1 Tip to anyone going to Sapphire soon: The rum punch from the little hut to the left of the bar. OMG! $8 each, but they were creamy and delicious. Keep walking down the beach and you will see a small stand selling Rum Punch or Painkillers. Spoiler Alert-after 2 drinks you will not remember the ride back to the ship or if you paid the taxi driver:confused:

Iluvthec, Glad you enjoyed your day at Sapphire, nice to hear something other than the restroom-bashing stuff. Yes the Banana Cabana is between condo bldgs B & C and has great frozen drinks and a mahi mahi sandwich. We stay at the resort and tried their rum punch last month and they were horrible! But you have to order from the older lady to get a good one. The younger girl is sometimes alone and doesn't have a ton of motivation :p

The dive center sells a better and cheaper ($5) rum punch and their beers are also cheaper. Just a thought in case the rum punches aren't as good next time at the BC.

Sorry, the volleyball net is for condo guests, there are no balls. I didn't get a price but I remember others posting prices and they were similar to other places. Try searching using sapphire and wave runners.

Bummer

Thanks i'll check it out.

I didn't know the "old lady with the frozen drinks stand" had a name! We set up our towels right in front of her stand and enjoyed the frozen concoctions as long as they stayed frozen! They were delicious.....and powerful.

She was not offering any food while we were there. We only stayed for about 3 hrs then headed back to town for lunch. it was a nice day.

Maybe that's something different than the Banana Cabana which is a stand by the sidewalk between condo bldgs B & C. This is where the girl is from who takes drink and food orders on the beach. There's also an older lady (not that old) and a younger girl there. We met the older lady years ago and she's been a fixture there. Great mahi mahi sandwich and blended drinks.

Pinkiesue check with the dive center to make sure they don't rent a volleyball as I could be wrong.

Maybe that's something different than the Banana Cabana which is a stand by the sidewalk between condo bldgs B & C. This is where the girl is from who takes drink and food orders on the beach. There's also an older lady (not that old) and a younger girl there. We met the older lady years ago and she's been a fixture there. Great mahi mahi sandwich and blended drinks.

Pinkiesue check with the dive center to make sure they don't rent a volleyball as I could be wrong.

It is something different than the BC. It is no more than adult lemonade stand - 3 sided with counter top. Blue if my blurry memory serves me correctly. You will see a crude sign offering Rum Punch or Painkiller sitting on the counter. Maybe she is not there all the time?

It is something different than the BC. It is no more than adult lemonade stand - 3 sided with counter top. Blue if my blurry memory serves me correctly. You will see a crude sign offering Rum Punch or Painkiller sitting on the counter. Maybe she is not there all the time?

Yes, we never saw her when we spent a week there in Jan. Maybe she's just there when it gets busier. But her rum punches were good, huh?

Are there lockers there?

What does everyone do with their valubles when you're all in the water snorkeling?

No lockers there. I don't bring valuables with me there (or to ANY port). All I ever bring are the beach towels (replaceable), my coverup that I wore there, and any thing like cash, cc and room card come with me while swimming in a dry pack bag that goes around my waist. My camera is waterproof, so it is with me too. If anyone was to take something, they are not getting much that's for sure.

I also manage to talk to and make friends with those sitting nearby. Then we kind of have a mutual understanding of watching each others things while in the water. We've met some great people that way.

I have to admit, when I'm snorkeling, I do sometimes get caught up in what all I'm seeing, but I always manage to look up every so often to see if anyone is near our things (and to also see where I'm located and might have drifted off to). :)

No lockers there. I don't bring valuables with me there (or to ANY port). All I ever bring are the beach towels (replaceable), my coverup that I wore there, and any thing like cash, cc and room card come with me while swimming in a dry pack bag that goes around my waist. My camera is waterproof, so it is with me too. If anyone was to take something, they are not getting much that's for sure.

I also manage to talk to and make friends with those sitting nearby. Then we kind of have a mutual understanding of watching each others things while in the water. We've met some great people that way.

I have to admit, when I'm snorkeling, I do sometimes get caught up in what all I'm seeing, but I always manage to look up every so often to see if anyone is near our things (and to also see where I'm located and might have drifted off to). :)

The only valuables are what you said money,cc and room card. My camera is also waterproof.

Where can i get one of those bags? I've seen the hard boxes but that would be to bulky and big. Do you have a pic of it?

Can't wait to visit there I loved looking at your pics, so i know i'll get some good sealife pics.

Thanks I'll try there. I told DD only for condo peeps and she was bummed but maybe if anyone is playing she can join :)

You are very informative. :) Thank you

Are there lockers there?

What does everyone do with their valubles when you're all in the water snorkeling?

Hummmm.. the only valuables i bring with is my wife... and sometimes, i wish someone would take her.... ;)

It's a joke.... i love her so much (hope she does too...)

The only valuables are what you said money,cc and room card. My camera is also waterproof.

Where can i get one of those bags? I've seen the hard boxes but that would be to bulky and big. Do you have a pic of it?

Can't wait to visit there I loved looking at your pics, so i know i'll get some good sealife pics.

Actually I have an Aquapac and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone on here. :( I bought it about 3 years ago (because someone on here recommended it to me because I'm like you, I didn't want the hard and bulky box). I have had nothing but problems with it leaking on almost every snorkel. It's weird though, when I first bought it, I tried it out at home. I put things in it and put it in the sink water and put something on top of it so that it would sink. I left it there for awhile and never once did it leak. Every time I've had it on vacation, it leaks. I'll come home and try it again...it doesn't leak. So I'm clueless why this happens.

But the good thing is, everything I have with me, if it gets wet, no biggie. The people in port will take either form of money...wet or dry. :D That's for sure!

This is what I have:

AQU828.jpg

Actually I have an Aquapac and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone on here. :( I bought it about 3 years ago (because someone on here recommended it to me because I'm like you, I didn't want the hard and bulky box). I have had nothing but problems with it leaking on almost every snorkel. It's weird though, when I first bought it, I tried it out at home. I put things in it and put it in the sink water and put something on top of it so that it would sink. I left it there for awhile and never once did it leak. Every time I've had it on vacation, it leaks. I'll come home and try it again...it doesn't leak. So I'm clueless why this happens.

But the good thing is, everything I have with me, if it gets wet, no biggie. The people in port will take either form of money...wet or dry. :D That's for sure!

This is what I have:

AQU828.jpg

I have found that all the packs and hard cases leak a bit. I put credit card, id, and cash in snack size zip lock bags fold in half and put those in the waterproof case and all stays dry.

I have never checked out any other cases, so I don't know if they are all like this (and maybe someone can clarify)...but I believe that this is/was my problem:

OPEN.jpg

OPENAGAIN.jpg

So I'm not sure if it's just the design and this stupid seal on it or maybe all of these packs are made this way??? :confused: Can anyone confirm?

Can you rent snorkle equipment from the dive shop. Have to fly to Miami and just don't want to haul that stuff with us.

Yes, actually we saw many ppl renting everything there when we were staying there, it can be a pain to carry it all on a cruise and on excursions. They also rent kayaks and stand-up paddle boards.

A simple double zip-loc baggie is all I use for cash and cc anymore (more expensive pacs always failed) and don't carry much else other than the camera. As mitsugirly said just keep an eye out frequently as there are occasionally reports of quick grabs. Not at Sapphire that I know of as it's very safe and there is decent security there, better than at any of the other condo resorts or even the Ritz for that matter.

You may want to check Amazon.com. I found quite a few travel accessories, and often they have free shipping. I am now waiting for my order of dry wallet, dry pack and camera bag. I will loose a ziplock bag inside the camera bag!! Thanks for the tip.

Archived