What is the value of a cruise director?

Blamar

If you get a truly great CD it makes your cruise unforgettable. We sailed on the Costa Romantica back in the late 90's and it was my first cruise and ,y parents first cruise. We sailed on a 7 day Caribbean cruise out of Miami and once we got on board we heard the CD on the intercom and he was funny as hell. little did we know that this CD nick Weir would have us in stitches the entire cruise.

We have never laughed so much at his comedy style and crazy antics he did all over the ship. The best moment was the last night their was a toga party and it was one of the funniest moments we've ever had. he could just stand on stage and people would roar with laughter. my mom is gone now but my dad still brings up moments that happened on the ship that included Nick Weir. He made many special memories for us. He is now the Vice president of entertainment for Royal Caribbean and he deserves this position and i only hope he finds and trains future CD's to replicate his style. he is one in a million and yes, a CD with a sense of humor is very important.everyone CD we have encountered in our last 28 cruises didn't compare to Mr. Weir.

I can tell you that the only CD or CD assistant that was very good was name Frenchie and she was outrages and funny. i think she was with princess but it could have been RCCL. I can't remember but if you cruise with her it will be fun. A good CD can make or break a cruise. Most of them don't have a good sense of humor and act like they have a stick up you now where. P\Being professional is one thing but the ability to make people laugh and smile is what makes a great CD.

Dear Mr. Nick Weir, Vice President of Entertainment for Royal Caribbean International, if you or someone that is in contact with you reads this post I hope they relay the content of what is said here and we want you to know that my wife, myself and my parents had the best time on that Costa cruise back in the late 90's and you made some of the best memories for us and to this day we still talk about how happy you made my mom and dad and that's something we will always cherish and we wish you the very best.

Gary Tyler

Edited by tyler6597

I don't pay very much attention to the CD on board any cruise. Obviously they are needed to keep us informed (via the Patter and Morning Show) and amused (introduce artists, organise all shipboard activities with the help of staff).

I respect the energy, enthusiasm and dedication many of the CD's display.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

• 3 weeks later...