Please help me understand the luggage tag situation - I sail next Saturday

marykdan

Hi:

I'm sailing on Independence of the Seas next Saturday, March 2. I have completed all of the cruise documentation and have printed out my SetSail documents. The problem is that I cannot figure out where I need to go to print the luggage tags.

My SetSail pass has a section labelled "Luggage Tags" with an image of a miniature luggage tags, but it says in bold print "These are not real luggage tags," and instructs me too use the real ones. Where?

The Royal Caribbean website says that they can't mail them to me because my cruise is next week (fine, I don't want them mailed anyway). The website says that I can get them from a porter at the dockside.

I have seen lots of people mention how they print them in advance and then tape them on with packing tape. Where are people finding them in order to print them in advance?

Thanks!

I was having this same problem last week.

When you're looking at your booking on the website, click on your reservation information. At the top of this page there are small TABS. Click on the one that says cruise documentation.

Click on Guest Vacation Documents. A PDF of all your cruise info should come up. At the very end of these documents are your printable luggage tags! :)

I had to have help too!

When you get into your reservation click on e-docs. Then click on view. You will see a picture of a booklet. Click on the printer icon at the bottom right of the page. This will bring up the pages of the booklet. Find the page with the luggage tags and print from there.

Hmmm.. ... don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't see anything that says "eDocs." I see "Cruise Documentation," but that's just the page that says that they cannot mail them to me.

There is also a link to email the docs to myself. I have clicked on that a few times and the docs have not arrived. It won't let me try a different email address.

Any other ideas?

On your "Pre Cruise Planner" you can select your reservation and should find something like this:

8501707286_f90bcdbd7f.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 2.52.45 PM

See Cruise Documentation tab? Two tabs over from Messages?

Click on Cruise Documentation - click on 'Check Status' under Guest Vacation Documents.

8501721710_4866f5bc4d.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 3.00.01 PM

Click "Print Document" and a PDF should pop up. Around page 15 is your luggage tag - and you can print that page only if you like. Or you can print the whole document.

8501717096_e1d4b6b6c6.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 2.56.38 PM

I hope that helps.

For what it's worth - many people have stated they didn't have them and the porters have them for you at checkin and it all works out just fine!

On the "Count Down To Cruise" page, go to Cruise Documentation tab, on the right hand side you will see "cruise Documentation", click Check status, go to Guest Vacation Documents, Click check status, Click Print Documents. You can select to just print page with the luggage tag on it, or print the whole thing, and just make extra copies of the luggage tag. If you select view documents, then find which page is the luggage tag. Mine was page 34 out of 40.

We had a little trouble finding where to print the tags for our cruise on Monday although we had done the same in October without a problem. My husband got on the phone with RCL representative and that person walked him through. We were able to print the whole page and type in our name. Then he uses laminating paper to make them strong using staples to secure them to the bags after the initial flight. Have a wonderful cruise!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Do the porters have the capability to actually print tags with cabin numbers on them, or do they just have ones they write the number numbers on? (Port Canaveral, specifically)

Thanks

David:D

Porters can only do handwritten luggage tags.

Are the edocs only available close to your cruise? When I click 'Guest Vacation Documents' I get a page that asks how I want to have the documents sent to me (email or paper), email is selected (I can't change it), and the space for an email address is greyed out.

Now, this could be because I'm still 90+ days out (but paid in full), or because a TA "owns" the reservation.

So, I could assume it's one of the above possibilities (both?), or ask.

Thanks

Are the edocs only available close to your cruise? When I click 'Guest Vacation Documents' I get a page that asks how I want to have the documents sent to me (email or paper), email is selected (I can't change it), and the space for an email address is greyed out.

Now, this could be because I'm still 90+ days out (but paid in full), or because a TA "owns" the reservation.

Thanks

If a TA owns the booking, you will not be able to change the edocs settings via Royal's web page. However, your TA can change it.

In any case, about 7 weeks before the cruise, you should have access to the edocs via Royal's website.

Thanks

We book with a TA, but when our e-docs are issued, on our Cruise Documentation Page under Documents it will say "issued".

When I click on "issued" I am then able to print off anything that I need for any particular cruise. Many times there is nothing that I need. Luggage tags are available at the end of the "printer friendly version".

If you want paper docs you will have to notify your TA. You will be charged $35 and you will get your luggage tags mailed to you.

We book with a TA, but when our e-docs are issued, on our Cruise Documentation Page under Documents it will say "issued".

When I click on "issued" I am then able to print off anything that I need for any particular cruise. Many times there is nothing that I need. Luggage tags are available at the end of the "printer friendly version".

If you want paper docs you will have to notify your TA. You will be charged $35 and you will get your luggage tags mailed to you.

I'm fine with printing. I just didn't want to assume when there's such a wealth of knowledge available.

Thanks (and to clarea)!

Hmmm.. ... don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't see anything that says "eDocs." I see "Cruise Documentation," but that's just the page that says that they cannot mail them to me.

There is also a link to email the docs to myself. I have clicked on that a few times and the docs have not arrived. It won't let me try a different email address.

Any other ideas?

If it's something that is causing you stress, the most important thing to know is that you really don't need to have pre-printed luggage tags. It's really no hassle at all to have the porters take care of it, when you get there.

So, if for some reason you're still not getting to the Cruise Docs, don't fret. All will be fine.

Archived