Pools on Alaska Cruises

Mary DE

Has anyone been using the pools on Alaska cruises? Haven't seen anyone mention it. My friend and I will be on Sapphire 7/17 and hope to be able to use the pool. I understand one of the pools has a cover than can be used in cold weather.

We used the pools when we took the Star Princess to Alaska a couple of summer ago. The covered one was the warmest, but the others were heated and weren't too cold. Plus there are hot tubs outside that feel great. One of my favorite memories was watching the sunset from a hot tub above the Terrace Pool while the ship was in Skagway. Each minute the sunlight on the mountains and glaciers would shift into new colors.

I was wondering about this too, until I thougt about it and realized that I never have used a pool on a ship. Hot tubs though, I have enjoyed. We have to bring a bathing suit for our snorkeling excursion, so we will definately use the hot tubs on board.

We used the pools and Hot tubs every day last week on board Sun Princess.

The water is well heated and a little bit too warm to swim continuously.

But it is just fine if you want to swim for a little while.

Jacuzzi/hot tub is nice.

We were even doing hot tub right in front of the face of a big glacier in Glacier Bay, while all other people are taking picture and waiting for the calving.

They are awed when seeing us in the hot tub, but it was really fantastic to be able to enjoy both the hot tub and the glacier calving at the same time.

Archived