I Like Warm Beaches and Drinks with Umbrellas...So What's with the Icebergs?

SailorJack

This is so funny and creative. Thanks for the great laughs.

I read somewhere that you have a blog written in similar style. My wife and I would love to read it. Is it allowed to ask for the URL here???

Back up to Sailor Jack's last post and you will find all of his reviews listed with the links.

I can't help you there - I am not familiar with Ft. Lauderdale. I know most people get their wine there at Total Wine and Spirits, but I don't think they carry it. However, they have very knowledgeable people there and I am sure they can recommend a good wine for you.

Jack

Thanks. It can be ordered online in many states but not in Texas thanks to the same state agency that decided to tax the duty-free liquor bought on the ships. They actually have agents collecting the $3.65 per liter after you clear customs.

And all these years I thought Texans were friendly!

Thanks. It can be ordered online in many states but not in Texas thanks to the same state agency that decided to tax the duty-free liquor bought on the ships. They actually have agents collecting the $3.65 per liter after you clear customs.

And all these years I thought Texans were friendly!

I was going to suggest that you try online - several sites carry it - but so many states bar the import. I had not heard that Texas taxed duty free! :eek: Such a nice state. I lived in Denton while attending the University of North Texas.

If you get a chance to try Alcyone, however, I know you will enjoy it.

I mentioned earlier that it was addictive. After going through a case of it Jill checked me into the Betty Ford Clinic.:)

This is so funny and creative. Thanks for the great laughs.

I read somewhere that you have a blog written in similar style. My wife and I would love to read it. Is it allowed to ask for the URL here???

Glad you enjoyed it. Rob, I don't have a blog - the only writings about cruising are posted on CC.

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

I read your posts and really enjoyed them. We will be doing a similar cruise in Feb. 2016 on the Infinity. We have been to Montevideo before and had a fantastic lunch, wine tasting and entertainment experience in a cave; but I can't remember the name of this particular venue. Any chance you might have thst information? We'd like to return there next year.

Thanks

Since I discovered this post three days ago I have gone back and read all your posts. I have been laughing out loud (ok, I'll get with it and use the "in" term LOL) with tears streaming down my cheeks. My sides ache, my family shakes their heads at me, but I have bookmarked your post for my husband to read- his very first foray into CC. So with this accomplishment behind me, now I can go back to my life of doing errands and dreaming about my next cruise a happier person. But Jack, when is your next cruise? I m going to have withdrawal symptoms if you don't cruise again and post soon!

Since I discovered this post three days ago I have gone back and read all your posts. I have been laughing out loud (ok, I'll get with it and use the "in" term LOL) with tears streaming down my cheeks. My sides ache, my family shakes their heads at me, but I have bookmarked your post for my husband to read- his very first foray into CC. So with this accomplishment behind me, now I can go back to my life of doing errands and dreaming about my next cruise a happier person. But Jack, when is your next cruise? I m going to have withdrawal symptoms if you don't cruise again and post soon!

So glad you enjoyed them. Next cruise is planned for next month - a 28 day cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific. Not booked yet, waiting for some issues to be safely resolved, but hopeful.

Jack

I read your posts and really enjoyed them. We will be doing a similar cruise in Feb. 2016 on the Infinity. We have been to Montevideo before and had a fantastic lunch, wine tasting and entertainment experience in a cave; but I can't remember the name of this particular venue. Any chance you might have that information? We'd like to return there next year.

Thanks

I am so sorry - can't be of help. The only restaurant that we have eaten in that was a cave was in the Dominican Republic - and it was great. I hope you are able to relocate it. If you do, let us know - as cave dining is actually quite fun.

Jack

So glad you enjoyed them. Next cruise is planned for next month - a 28 day cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific. Not booked yet, waiting for some issues to be safely resolved, but hopeful.

Jack

I am so sorry - can't be of help. The only restaurant that we have eaten in that was a cave was in the Dominican Republic - and it was great. I hope you are able to relocate it. If you do, let us know - as cave dining is actually quite fun.

Jack

A 28 day cruise - this review is going to be a book! Looking forward to it.

A 28 day cruise - this review is going to be a book! Looking forward to it.

No book.:) I keep my reviews to 12 type written pages and even then I have had several comments that they are too long. On a previous 18 day cruise my first draft came to nearly 16 pages and had to be edited down to 12.

On the other hand, I was on a Princess cruise where not enough interesting things happened to get to 12 pages so I didn't write a review on that trip.

But, like I posed earlier, we have yet to book this cruise so all is just speculation at this point.

Jack