Which dining room for anytime?

shofer

We are going on Island Princess in May and wondering which dining room is used for Anytime Dining? We were on the Coral in 2007 and I don't remember which room we used for Traditional.

Looking forward to being on Island as I really liked the Coral layout and size.

Sue

features.jpg

Island Princess Dining

Our Princess chefs are true culinary artists who insist on serving the very finest cuisine - and it shows. Our entire fleet has been inducted into the prestigious Chaîne des Rôtisseurs gastronomic society. Each chef's menu is creative and the selections change every day. Pair that with impeccable service and you're in for an unforgettable gourmet experience.

tour_co_bordeaux_dining_room.jpg

Traditional

This ship offers several formal dining rooms in the cruise tradition, with Traditional Dining at the same times for each meal, with attentive service provided by your own waiter throughout the cruise.

tour_co_provence_dining_room.jpg

Anytime

Anytime Dining means you aren't limited to eating at a fixed time or place on the ship. Instead, the choice of when and where you want to eat is flexible, based only on your stomach's whim.

tour_ip_sabatini_s.jpg

Specialty

Our ships’ restaurants are always in big demand and this ship’s options are no exception, serving up exquisite local specialties and gourmet favorites. Reservations recommended. Cover charge applies.

• Sabatini’sSM (Italian restaurant) Virtual Tour
  • Bayou Café & SteakhouseSM (New Orleans cuisine)
    Virtual Tour
  • Ultimate Balcony DiningSM

Casual

Want to maximize your pool time and minimize your mealtime? Get a quick and satisfying bite whenever you like at our Casual Dining eateries, or get take-out and dine by the pool.

• Horizon Court buffet
  • Patisserie
  • Sundaes ice cream bar
  • Princess Pizzeria
  • The Bar & Grill
  • Afternoon tea
  • 24-hour room service

The Bordeaux Dining Room is for Anytime Dining where you can go anytime within dinner dining hours. You can share with others or ask for a table for two.

In the Traditional Dining Room you have a set dinner time and will have the same waiter and dinner partners (unless you have a table for two) every night.

Both have EXACTLY the same menu and the requested dress is the same for both.

Both those in Anytime and Traditional can go to a $peciality restaurant (extra cost) or just to the n/c Buffet.

We love the Anytime option! :)

LuLu

~~~~

One thing to be aware of, especially if you eat early, is that half the Bordeaux Dining Room will be used for Traditional dining until around 7:30PM. After that it becomes strictly Anytime Dining.

Thanks, we will have to keep that in mind. I know last year we were always wanting to eat around 7 PM which seems to be the popular time.

After years of Traditional dining, it was a choice of Early where you had to rush back from some activity to get ready or Late where you finished about 10 PM and went to bed with a full stomach, Anytime is perfect for me. Although I have to admit I do miss having a dedicated wait staff.

Sue

Thanks, we will have to keep that in mind. I know last year we were always wanting to eat around 7 PM which seems to be the popular time.

After years of Traditional dining, it was a choice of Early where you had to rush back from some activity to get ready or Late where you finished about 10 PM and went to bed with a full stomach, Anytime is perfect for me. Although I have to admit I do miss having a dedicated wait staff.

Sue

Even though you are Anytime, You can still see the Matre De' and ask to have a table, not necessarily the same one every time but in the same area, so that you can have the same wait staff on most nights.

Alternately, you can book in a time (say 7.30pm) for each night of the cruise in advance, and you are more likely to see that same area each night.:D

Archived