All Things Adventure of the Seas

It's been 8 years since we were on a Voyager class, so I am studying deck plans again. We have a Chops reservation and I know where it is on deck 4, but what is up in the area where Chops is on Navigator across from Giovani's? Did they actually expand the WJ seating?

No expanded seating, that area is some sort of crew or maintenance area. Whatever is there, it must be too expensive to move it because they never use it for a restaurant or seating expansion on any of the first gen Voyager class ships.

We have always done a balcony in the past but the price had jumped up last year (for 2017) so we decided to try a Promenade stateroom to save a little $$. We REALLY missed our balcony! But I can't complain. We were in the Caribbean after all! It was in a GREAT place though. First room off the aft elevators. So easy to get to many places! Booked a balcony next year :)

We normally book ocean view but are considering promenade view for our B2B Feb 2018. Would you book it again, over ocean view? It will save us about 800 total, not sure if it's worth it to miss the natural light.

Any feedback is appreciated! ☺

We normally book ocean view but are considering promenade view for our B2B Feb 2018. Would you book it again, over ocean view? It will save us about 800 total, not sure if it's worth it to miss the natural light.

Any feedback is appreciated! ☺

Oh yes for sure!!!! We have stayed in 1 ocean view before and the size and space wasn't much different at all. It's nice to have natural light but not worth $800! Definitely go with the promenade. Our room was 7611 (I think). Farthest aft on port side. Right off the elevator. Had no noise at all from elevator because it was around the corner. No noise from the promenade either because it was far enough down. We will be on another B2B in January 2018 before you guys. Enjoy your cruise!!

Hello Adventure lovers!! I just read that Allure of the Seas is moving from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. I also read that Adventure of the Seas is going to move to Fort Lauderdale as one of the ships to replace Allure. Has anyone heard what ship is going to replace Adventure in San Juan? I know they will release it all next week but I thought someone on here may have heard (Bob..........) LOL I never thought they'd pull Adventure from San Juan! We always wanted to try another ship down there but yet we LOVE San Juan so now I'm kind of sad!

Hello Adventure lovers!! I just read that Allure of the Seas is moving from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. I also read that Adventure of the Seas is going to move to Fort Lauderdale as one of the ships to replace Allure. Has anyone heard what ship is going to replace Adventure in San Juan? I know they will release it all next week but I thought someone on here may have heard (Bob..........) LOL I never thought they'd pull Adventure from San Juan! We always wanted to try another ship down there but yet we LOVE San Juan so now I'm kind of sad!

Oh no! I got excited this morning when I saw the calendar online opened up through April of 2019 (meaning you can select dates that far out as your search parameters whereas you couldn't yesterday), but when they give you the search results, they really only have itinerary dates through next April.

I called this morning to see if they were able to see more on their end and of course customer service knew less than we do, and told me they don't put out itineraries for the following summer until this coming summer or fall and to check back then [emoji849] I'll just keep looking every day.

BUT, now that adventure might not even be down there, I am worried about what ship will replace her. I'll be bummed if it's just the smaller ships. It would be cool if they moved a Freedom class out there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no! I got excited this morning when I saw the calendar online opened up through April of 2019 (meaning you can select dates that far out as your search parameters whereas you couldn't yesterday), but when they give you the search results, they really only have itinerary dates through next April.

I called this morning to see if they were able to see more on their end and of course customer service knew less than we do, and told me they don't put out itineraries for the following summer until this coming summer or fall and to check back then [emoji849] I'll just keep looking every day.

BUT, now that adventure might not even be down there, I am worried about what ship will replace her. I'll be bummed if it's just the smaller ships. It would be cool if they moved a Freedom class out there though.

Yeah I agree! I'd love to see a Freedom class down there. But what I don't want is one of the "big big" ones cuz then it'll raise the $$$ quite a bit. I also don't think the larger ones can fit into all of the smaller ports we love so much and that's the best part about leaving from San Juan! I guess we will find out next week! That is *supposed* to be when it will all be released for Caribbean. Fingers crossed!! ;p

Yeah I agree! I'd love to see a Freedom class down there. But what I don't want is one of the "big big" ones cuz then it'll raise the $$$ quite a bit. I also don't think the larger ones can fit into all of the smaller ports we love so much and that's the best part about leaving from San Juan! I guess we will find out next week! That is *supposed* to be when it will all be released for Caribbean. Fingers crossed!! ;p

Ugh I would hate to see a huge ship down there too. I don't see that happening though, since those take a lot more people to fill, and San Juan is off the beaten path and too expensive for most mainstream travelers (especially those with lots of kids) to get to.

It also wouldn't make sense to have a huge ship down there, since the ship is the destination, and people who like to sail those are very different from the people who like to sail the southern Caribbean (because they go there for the islands and not to sit on the ship all day).

I don't think they'd make money on a big ship down there at all. I'm more worried that they'll throw a small old ship like majesty down there. If so I'll be happy to sail the Jewel instead, but I'd rather keep Adventure, or have the Navigator or a Freedom class or something.

Ugh I would hate to see a huge ship down there too. I don't see that happening though, since those take a lot more people to fill, and San Juan is off the beaten path and too expensive for most mainstream travelers (especially those with lots of kids) to get to.

It also wouldn't make sense to have a huge ship down there, since the ship is the destination, and people who like to sail those are very different from the people who like to sail the southern Caribbean (because they go there for the islands and not to sit on the ship all day).

I don't think they'd make money on a big ship down there at all. I'm more worried that they'll throw a small old ship like majesty down there. If so I'll be happy to sail the Jewel instead, but I'd rather keep Adventure, or have the Navigator or a Freedom class or something.

Preach it girl!! I agree 100% with you! Let's email Royal Caribbean and tell them our thoughts. I'm sure they will listen and make things how we want them [emoji1] [emoji28] [emoji24]

The larger ships fit in the port, I was in San Juan last week and I saw an Oasis class ship in port. It was huge, larger than most buildings in Old San Juan. That said, I love the mid size ships sailing from San Juan. This port has become my favorite to sail out of.

Royal allows two 750ml bottles per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in the stateroom. You can bring the wine anywhere on the ship, with no corkage fees.

There is snorkel gear for purchase on board, but not for rent.

In past experiences they generally allow 2 per person leaving from the San Juan port. If someone was so inclined they could bring in two, go out and bring in two more and two more and... you get the point.;)

CruiseCal dot com is showing the Freedom out of San Juan for the updated calendar. Keep in mind, this is not the Royal calendar though. The same calendar has no updated info for lady Adventure. So who knows. Perhaps Freedom comes in and Jewel moves out instead of Adventure. I don't see an Oasis class ship moving to San Juan though.

In past experiences they generally allow 2 per person leaving from the San Juan port. If someone was so inclined they could bring in two, go out and bring in two more and two more and... you get the point.;)

They don't keep track of things like that? Is there a locale to buy wine near the pier? Do you board at a different location than peeps who are in the initial boarding process?

New to San Juan Port, sorry so question heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't keep track of things like that? Is there a locale to buy wine near the pier? Do you board at a different location than peeps who are in the initial boarding process?

You can buy wine right inside the cruise terminal at the duty free shop.

You can buy wine right inside the cruise terminal at the duty free shop.

Thanks for the quick reply! is it possible to buy there after I have been on board already?

Preach it girl!! I agree 100% with you! Let's email Royal Caribbean and tell them our thoughts. I'm sure they will listen and make things how we want them [emoji1] [emoji28] [emoji24]

Haha yeah they probably will do that for us, and also give us 50% off our next cruise and a free drink package for our efforts [emoji23]

The larger ships fit in the port, I was in San Juan last week and I saw an Oasis class ship in port. It was huge, larger than most buildings in Old San Juan. That said, I love the mid size ships sailing from San Juan. This port has become my favorite to sail out of.

The big ships fit in the San Juan port, but wouldn't fit in most of the southern Caribbean ports on that cruise route.

CruiseCal dot com is showing the Freedom out of San Juan for the updated calendar. Keep in mind, this is not the Royal calendar though. The same calendar has no updated info for lady Adventure. So who knows. Perhaps Freedom comes in and Jewel moves out instead of Adventure. I don't see an Oasis class ship moving to San Juan though.

Freedom would be awesome! I've been wanting to sail that ship but really hate the current itinerary that she sails.

Not at all, a family member went back about 3 times with 2 people. The ended up leaving some behind at the end. You can purchase right in the terminal, the store will give you advice on what to do. =)

The big ships fit in the San Juan port, but wouldn't fit in most of the southern Caribbean ports on that cruise route.

Ahh I get it, makes total sense. I love the Southern Caribbean, so many cool little islands to see. I also love that it's port intensive, keeps things interesting.

Freedom would be awesome! I've been wanting to sail that ship but really hate the current itinerary that she sails.

We've always wanted to do a Freedom class ship but the biggest we've been on is Adventure. I'd be great with Freedom coming down!! Can't wait to find out for sure!

We've always wanted to do a Freedom class ship but the biggest we've been on is Adventure. I'd be great with Freedom coming down!! Can't wait to find out for sure!

We were on the Freedom once and LOVED it! That ship or one from that same class would be a great choice for the Southern Caribbean route!

Word on the Adventure this week is they expect it will be a Freedom Class but no one would say specifically which one. They weren't saying where Adventure was heading either.

Just saw it confirmed as Freedom on another thread.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.