All Things Adventure of the Seas

Hello Adventure lovers!! I just read that Allure of the Seas is moving from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. I also read that Adventure of the Seas is going to move to Fort Lauderdale as one of the ships to replace Allure. Has anyone heard what ship is going to replace Adventure in San Juan? I know they will release it all next week but I thought someone on here may have heard (Bob..........) LOL I never thought they'd pull Adventure from San Juan! We always wanted to try another ship down there but yet we LOVE San Juan so now I'm kind of sad!

I've also seen info showing that the Freedom is moving to San Juan in May of 18. I hope those sources are correct. Freedom is my favorite ship with Adventure being my 2nd favorite.

I've also seen info showing that the Freedom is moving to San Juan in May of 18. I hope those sources are correct. Freedom is my favorite ship with Adventure being my 2nd favorite.

That's good to hear!! We love Adventure and haven't heard anything but good about Freedom! Can't wait to find out for sure this week! Hopefully tomorrow!

Deck 6 aft!! My favorite place [emoji1]

Found it on the deck plans, did you use them for a next cruise? How was that experience? I had a great experience with NCD on Freedom, a not to great experience on Jewel in 2014. I will probably walk by and check out their "system" on day 1. On Freedom they had a booklet out where you could sign up for a time and show up at that time and be seen at that time! On Jewel in 2014 they had a sign up on the desk that said, "Call Guest Services for an appointment" When I did so, they acted like I was a prank caller and couldn't tell me anything. They said to just show up. I did that, got there when another couple was there. We tried to wait quietly. The rep told us to go away and come back. When we did, another couple had shown up and was waiting. They weren't happy that we " jumped" ahead of them. The rest of the experience wasn't much better.

I read that they have completed the update as of last week. Does anyone know if the staterooms have been refreshed?

We had GS 1578 last week and while the carpet 'appeared' new, the remainder of the cabin wasn't. While the cabin was very clean, the furniture definitely looked old. It looked like all the public areas had been refreshed.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

Found it on the deck plans, did you use them for a next cruise? How was that experience? I had a great experience with NCD on Freedom, a not to great experience on Jewel in 2014. I will probably walk by and check out their "system" on day 1. On Freedom they had a booklet out where you could sign up for a time and show up at that time and be seen at that time! On Jewel in 2014 they had a sign up on the desk that said, "Call Guest Services for an appointment" When I did so, they acted like I was a prank caller and couldn't tell me anything. They said to just show up. I did that, got there when another couple was there. We tried to wait quietly. The rep told us to go away and come back. When we did, another couple had shown up and was waiting. They weren't happy that we " jumped" ahead of them. The rest of the experience wasn't much better.

We visited with them last week and there were no lines. Maybe because the only new Caribbean itinerary was Symphony? Anyway, we walked away with sticker shock plus they wanted the full suite deposit ($500) for only $200 OBC. Not happening.

We had GS 1578 last week and while the carpet 'appeared' new, the remainder of the cabin wasn't. While the cabin was very clean, the furniture definitely looked old. It looked like all the public areas had been refreshed..

Thanks for the update! I am sure fresh carpets help, think of all the years the previous ones have been used...oh the stories they could tell. ;)

Thanks for the update! I am sure fresh carpets help, think of all the years the previous ones have been used...oh the stories they could tell. ;)

We were in a balcony cabin on deck 8 last week. Our carpet and furniture in the cabin were showing their age but they weren't too bad. Our carpet definitely wasn't new. I agree - the rest of the ship was "refreshed".

Found it on the deck plans, did you use them for a next cruise? How was that experience. I had a great experience with NCD on Freedom, a not to great experience on Jewel in 2014. I will probably walk by and check out their "system" on day 1. On Freedom they had a booklet out where you could sign up for a time and show up at that time and be seen at that time! On Jewel in 2014 they had a sign up on the desk that said, "Call Guest Services for an appointment" When I did so, they acted like I was a prank caller and couldn't tell me anything. They said to just show up. I did that, got there when another couple was there. We tried to wait quietly. The rep told us to go away and come back. When we did, another couple had shown up and was waiting. They weren't happy that we " jumped" ahead of them. The rest of the experience wasn't much better.

We were very happy with our experience using Next Cruise in January on Adventure. We went on the first day of our B2B because you got 2 entries into the raffle to win OBC. We didn't win but we knew we were booking anyways so we decided to do it early. I'm glad we did because the next week, our cruise went up in price.

Yes, there is a book that you can sign up for an appointment time. They renovated the Next Cruise area and it's very nice. On busy days/times, there were 6 representatives working at the same time!

Can anyone confirm if the "Suite/Pinnacle" breakfast is still in Giovanni's or if it has moved to Chops since Chops recently opened? Thanks.

As far as room "revitalization"....we were told in Dec that the rooms would not be "refreshed" until "wet dock" which would be late 2017 or early 2018. The person that told me this is also the same person that told me FR would be moving to SJU and AD would be moving to NJ. However, since we haven't heard any rumors about "cancelled" cruises during that time frame....I am guessing that we might see a "blank" in the AD schedule for May 2018...whenever the schedule is finally released...and the "wet dock" will be during the time between SJU and NJ (or wherever it goes).

Can anyone confirm if the "Suite/Pinnacle" breakfast is still in Giovanni's or if it has moved to Chops since Chops recently opened? Thanks.

As far as room "revitalization"....we were told in Dec that the rooms would not be "refreshed" until "wet dock" which would be late 2017 or early 2018. The person that told me this is also the same person that told me FR would be moving to SJU and AD would be moving to NJ. However, since we haven't heard any rumors about "cancelled" cruises during that time frame....I am guessing that we might see a "blank" in the AD schedule for May 2018...whenever the schedule is finally released...and the "wet dock" will be during the time between SJU and NJ (or wherever it goes).

Hey Girl!!

Are you cruising on AD any time soon? We are on March 29th. Looking forward to it.

Last week it was in Giovanni's. As for more upgrades, we were told the plan is still on to turn Cloud 9 into a suite lounge next year. No specific date was given.

We were very happy with our experience using Next Cruise in January on Adventure. We went on the first day of our B2B because you got 2 entries into the raffle to win OBC. We didn't win but we knew we were booking anyways so we decided to do it early. I'm glad we did because the next week, our cruise went up in price.

Yes, there is a book that you can sign up for an appointment time. They renovated the Next Cruise area and it's very nice. On busy days/times, there were 6 representatives working at the same time!

Great, thanks. we have found a reasonable Symphony cruise we want to book for 2019, so we will book it then.

Hey Girl!!

Are you cruising on AD any time soon? We are on March 29th. Looking forward to it.

Hello again Jane, nice meeting you on Oasis last year, I hope your upcoming trip report will hold me over till we board AOS.

Last week it was in Giovanni's. As for more upgrades, we were told the plan is still on to turn Cloud 9 into a suite lounge next year. No specific date was given.

Thanks. I hope it stays in Giovanni's. While I prefer Chops for dinner....I like the Giovanni's location for the "view" for breakfast!

I heard that Adventure is moving to Fort Lauderdale and not NJ but who knows!! Can Wednesday please get here?!?! By the way, the rooms were not refreshed when we were on in Jan. I think you are right about it possibly getting the refresh May 2018.

Hello again Jane, nice meeting you on Oasis last year, I hope your upcoming trip report will hold me over till we board AOS.

Hey Bill! Good meeting you, too. I have been so lazy about reviews lately. We were cruising so much there for a while.....I just couldn't keep up. Then Windows 10 got in the way. Mostly I am hanging out with groups on Facebook for the time being!

I AM excited about this special 10 night sailing on Adventure, though.

Hope to see you again soon!

Hey sweet lady! So nice to see your fonts! Bummer...we will just miss you. We are there 1 week only 4/15. Would love to have seen you!

Well darn! So close! We are moving over to Jewel for a week after Adventure. Maybe another time!

Hey.....does anybody know how much they are charging for the new Chops on Board?

Well darn! So close! We are moving over to Jewel for a week after Adventure. Maybe another time!

Hey.....does anybody know how much they are charging for the new Chops on Board?

LOL...too crazy...we are running 7-10 days behind you. We get on AD 4/15 and off 4/22 then get on JW 4/23.

I booked 5/2 (Our 36th anniversary) for $35 each.