Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Just FYI:

For the EPIC TA westbound dep. 20th Oct 2013 I ordered the UBP via phone at NCL Germany. It was EUR 43,48 incl. service charge, etc. per person and day (13). Surprise was when they told me that room service was INCLUDED, but no mini bar service, nor special Cocktail Parties. She even checked with her supervisor.

Since I only received an email invoice with no rules attached (just saying "1 UBP day 1 in cabin") I cannot confirm this. We'll hope and see... (but i personally doubt it)

The invoice says "amount due 11-Oct-2013" (sailing is 20th). My CreditCard was not yet charged, but the invoice says "fully paid".

One last thing: The invoice stated my travel agent so I look forward to receive a 3% bonus on the amount from them (cruise24.de) at departure day :D

Just FYI:

For the EPIC TA westbound dep. 20th Oct 2013 I ordered the UBP via phone at NCL Germany. It was EUR 43,48 incl. service charge, etc. per person and day (13). Surprise was when they told me that room service was INCLUDED, but no mini bar service, nor special Cocktail Parties. She even checked with her supervisor.

Since I only received an email invoice with no rules attached (just saying "1 UBP day 1 in cabin") I cannot confirm this. We'll hope and see... (but i personally doubt it)

The invoice says "amount due 11-Oct-2013" (sailing is 20th). My CreditCard was not yet charged, but the invoice says "fully paid".

One last thing: The invoice stated my travel agent so I look forward to receive a 3% bonus on the amount from them (cruise24.de) at departure day :D

Are you staying in a studio cabin onboard Epic? Might be the difference in room service inclusion for UBP.

I can tell you most assuredly that having just got of Jewel in a suite, room service UBP was absolutely not included.

Are you staying in a studio cabin onboard Epic? Might be the difference in room service inclusion for UBP.

I can tell you most assuredly that having just got of Jewel in a suite, room service UBP was absolutely not included.

Just plain B6 hull balcony on Deck 11. Maybe they ment that you can carry drinks yourself into your stateroom. I was just curious whether others got the same information from NCL.

Just plain B6 hull balcony on Deck 11. Maybe they ment that you can carry drinks yourself into your stateroom. I was just curious whether others got the same information from NCL.

Was in a studio 2 weeks ago and had pre-paid the UBP. Got the same emailed invoice as you mentioned but nothing about room Service. In your cabin you will have a green card which says UBP - take this card to the atrium bar to get your card stickered and authorised.

Ok, so we went on the Sky 9/16-20 and got the UBP. We never saw a drink show on our folio and never had to pay for anything but Espresso drinks. I even ordered a double shot of espresso and a shot of Godiva White and only got charged for the espresso. We did have a couple of bartenders we stuck with who would sometimes ring up random things when making us drinks, but I don't think we ever ordered anything out of the plan. There were many times that we would show them both cards and they would just ring them up on one card.

Now abotu getting your money's worth. . . we did not keep our receipts after the first time we checked our folio, but I figured everything up on Day 1 (started with shots, cocktails, more shots, more cocktails, wine with dinner, cocktails and shots at karaoke, etc) and we probably would have spent around $100 each that day including gratuity. We definitely drank less other days but I think t was worth it just to get to drink what we wanted when we wanted, not really worrying about price or quantity. We were never black out drunk (though the birthday girl was a little silly drunk day 1) and we would definitely do it again!

Oh yeah, we did meet these ladies that got the package and were drinking martinis and they said their bartender told them they were included. They may have ordered it differently, not sure. .

I can not find this package on the NCL website, Is it there?? Or do you need to be part of a group in order to purchase?? I think it will probably work for my husband and I, I may only have a few beers one day and many more on the at sea days. I think it will balance out, I just want to know how to add it to my trip???

This is my second NCL cruise, but my 1st one in 7 years!

Thanks!

I agree. The math sounds good until you put everything times 2. $112 x 10 (11 "day" cruise - are you sure they don't charge for all "days"?) = $1,120. On sea days, I could definitely do it but add the wife's inability (or maybe unwillingness) to drink as I can, no way on average. With 5 ports, that takes out valuable drinking time (on the ship, anyway).

Our last cruise we bought a wine package and I continued to buy my buckets of beer during the day (sea days), drinks after dinner - we didn't skimp on drinks at all - and our bar tab was still less than the $112 a day.

I'm a pretty accomplished drinker but I'm always tempted to try it but never can talk myself into it for the above reasoning. I've also read about the "Cap and corks" promotion but for $5 less a day, not sure that one makes sense also.

Edited by blindrid

The UBP was so worth it on our recent 7 day NCL Gem cruise to Canada and New England. We got lots of premiums that weren't listed to be included, we would just ask at each bar if a certain thing was included and it usually was. I believe the last night our total (before they wipe the charges from the account) ended up at almost $1,400 for my husband and myself (mostly jack & coke's and beers for him and for me the occasional by the pool margarita and wine the rest of the time), with gratuity we paid $788.90 for the UBP so it turned out to be a great savings! Us and our 2 friends had it, so 1 person could take all 4 cards to a bar or give to a waitress and we would get 4 drinks. At dinner they would put multiple drinks on the same ticket, we did not have to sign for each drink which was nice. If you have a question about if something will be included, the staff is so helpful they will ring it up at the register to make sure before giving you a drink that's not included. Also, it is easy to call and pre-order the package, then when you walk on the ship they have a stand right in the atrium with your name on a list and they give you your sticker, or you could purchase it at that time if you don't pre-order.

The UBP was so worth it on our recent 7 day NCL Gem cruise to Canada and New England. We got lots of premiums that weren't listed to be included, we would just ask at each bar if a certain thing was included and it usually was. I believe the last night our total (before they wipe the charges from the account) ended up at almost $1,400 for my husband and myself (mostly jack & coke's and beers for him and for me the occasional by the pool margarita and wine the rest of the time), with gratuity we paid $788.90 for the UBP so it turned out to be a great savings! Us and our 2 friends had it, so 1 person could take all 4 cards to a bar or give to a waitress and we would get 4 drinks. At dinner they would put multiple drinks on the same ticket, we did not have to sign for each drink which was nice. If you have a question about if something will be included, the staff is so helpful they will ring it up at the register to make sure before giving you a drink that's not included. Also, it is easy to call and pre-order the package, then when you walk on the ship they have a stand right in the atrium with your name on a list and they give you your sticker, or you could purchase it at that time if you don't pre-order.

Thanks for the feedback! It sounds so easy. We plan on purchasing in before we set sail in a couple weeks. Glad to know the stickers are right there for you in the atrium so you can get them asap.

Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned before but haven't the time to read back through all the posts......but if we purchase the UBP on day two of our cruise....would we have to pay retrospectively for day 1? We don't plan on staying on the ship on departure day (not sailing until 7pm from Barcelona) until a couple of hours before we are due out...also would need to wait until 9 pm that night to avoid the VAT (first stop Casablanca) ..so seems a no brainier to wait until the next day....but not if we have to pay for day one too.....

Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned before but haven't the time to read back through all the posts......but if we purchase the UBP on day two of our cruise....would we have to pay retrospectively for day 1? We don't plan on staying on the ship on departure day (not sailing until 7pm from Barcelona) until a couple of hours before we are due out...also would need to wait until 9 pm that night to avoid the VAT (first stop Casablanca) ..so seems a no brainier to wait until the next day....but not if we have to pay for day one too.....

Yes. You have to pay retroactively.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you everyone for your efforts on this question it has helped me alot to make my desition which is yes I am getting it, mainly so I don't have to worry about paying for drinks at the end of the cruise...chefee

• 2 weeks later...

I have read through every post on this thread and am unable to find the info I am looking for. On a 10 day cruise when do they STOP selling the UBP? The second day? The third day? Can you buy all your drinks for, lets say, 6 days, then decide that the UBP is a better deal and then purchase that to cover the whole cruise?

Very interested in buying the UBP for my upcoming Alaskan cruise.

Question...I will be by myself in my own cabin. Can I still buy the UBP?

Sure. All passengers in the same cabin/account must purchase the package so if you're alone, only you need to buy it. If you're travelling with others in another cabin, you might need to have your own, separate onboard account from others but since it's different cabins anyway, not sure how strict they are about that.

I have read through every post on this thread and am unable to find the info I am looking for. On a 10 day cruise when do they STOP selling the UBP? The second day? The third day? Can you buy all your drinks for, lets say, 6 days, then decide that the UBP is a better deal and then purchase that to cover the whole cruise?

They stop selling it the 2nd day... As in you can buy it the day of embarkation and the 2nd day and then poof its gone. And you have to purchase it for your entire cruise, so yes the entire 10 days.

Very interested in buying the UBP for my upcoming Alaskan cruise.

Question...I will be by myself in my own cabin. Can I still buy the UBP?

If this means your own reservation and not affiliated with another cabin. If cabins are linked then all must purchase.

If this means your own reservation and not affiliated with another cabin. If cabins are linked then all must purchase.

You know, that really irks me. Not mad at you, rvsullivan, you're just the messenger. But I could see this possibly being a problem for our reservation. My wife & I booked our Sep 2014 cruise in August. Since then, in talking with some people, I have given our booking info to a couple that we are long time friends with, as well as my brother & his wife. Just in case they wanted to join us on the cruise. And I figured if they had our booking info, it might help them get a better price, especially since prices seem to have gone up a bit since we booked. Now if one of those couples chooses to go and NCL tries to link our reservations, we could get stuck if they wanted UBP. Of course, I would push the issue for them not to take UBP, the friends should be easy, but my brother may want to get it. Could I put pressure on NCL to not link the reservations, if I did not agree to that?

Then again, neither couple may go, so then it'd be a moot point.

You know, that really irks me. Not mad at you, rvsullivan, you're just the messenger. But I could see this possibly being a problem for our reservation. My wife & I booked our Sep 2014 cruise in August. Since then, in talking with some people, I have given our booking info to a couple that we are long time friends with, as well as my brother & his wife. Just in case they wanted to join us on the cruise. And I figured if they had our booking info, it might help them get a better price, especially since prices seem to have gone up a bit since we booked. Now if one of those couples chooses to go and NCL tries to link our reservations, we could get stuck if they wanted UBP. Of course, I would push the issue for them not to take UBP, the friends should be easy, but my brother may want to get it. Could I put pressure on NCL to not link the reservations, if I did not agree to that?

Then again, neither couple may go, so then it'd be a moot point.

It's not linking the reservations that causes you to have to purchase the UBP it is every cabin/reservation that is booked using the same payment method. (ie the same credit card) We are thinking of bring our best friend and her family on a cruise next year and would be paying for their room with a different card for this specific reason. Unlike other lines where it is Cabin specific, on NCL it is "cabin or payment type" specific.

No need to be irked. As above, the "linking" of reservations doesn't matter.

Just keep folks who need to be financially separated by using a different payment method each separate group.

Correct. I called NCL and everyone in a cabin must purchase, but other cabins must also purchase only if they are linked to one credit card account for onboard expenses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sure. All passengers in the same cabin/account must purchase the package so if you're alone, only you need to buy it. If you're travelling with others in another cabin, you might need to have your own, separate onboard account from others but since it's different cabins anyway, not sure how strict they are about that.

Thank you for your reply. I will have my own, separate onboard account and in my own cabin.

[Question:

How does one go about purchasing the UBP after boarding the ship? Or is it available when you check in before boarding? If we buy a drink before purchasing the UBP will the drinks be removed from the bill after purchasing the UBP?

Answer:

There will be setups onboard through out the ship where you would be able to purchase the Ultimate Beverage package. No any drinks that are purchased before would not go under the UBP.

by

NCLSTAFF85

- MIAMI]

Just came across this post on the NCL site for the Sun. The NCL guy says that whatever drinks you buy prior to buying the UBP are not covered under the UBP once purchased. Anyone have a different experience? Planning on grabbing a drink as soon as boarding then wander around until we find the sign up spot. Don't want the first (or 3) drinks to be full price plus pay for the UBP....