evening shows

wwbill4

I have been reading on the boards of Carnival eliminating the nightly shows in the main Theater. Has this happened? We are on the Sunshine in May for the ports, but the shows at night would be nice. Haven't been on Carnival for a few years(2006).

For those recently sailing on Carnival ,or in the for those in the know please reply.

Thanks,

Bill

There are still shows, but it is different amongst the ships. The 2.0 upgraded ships now have 3 different shows that rotate and repeat.....the rest of the nights there are not big shows. One night is the Hasbro Game Show (kind of lame), another we had a singer, another a magician etc. It varies from ship to ship tho.

Most nights instead of having the same show at two different times to accomodate early and late seating, they have scheduled all of the production shows to play twice during the week......once early and once late......you will have a schedule in your cabin for when each of the production shows will be performed.

My experience has been that the shows are still intact and there has been no major change. The major complaint I have seen is the quality/quantity of shows, rather than their elimination. However, there are still 2-3 major shows in the main lounge on every 5-7 day cruise. On other evenings, there are lesser high volume forms of entertainment across the ship (ie. entertainment is generally more spread out amongst comedians, karaoke, etc.).

Most nights instead of having the same show at two different times to accomodate early and late seating, they have scheduled all of the production shows to play twice during the week......once early and once late......you will have a schedule in your cabin for when each of the production shows will be performed.

Not on Liberty that is 2.0 but guess the result is less entertainment for us when they do this.

Two nights there will be no shows for us in main lounge as a result.

On The Breeze, last December, the "production shows" were pretty pathetic compared to what CCL use to offer and on two other nights the "show" was the CD playing games!! We're staying with HAL, X, and Princess when it comes to real cruise entertainment.

On The Breeze, last December, the "production shows" were pretty pathetic compared to what CCL use to offer and on two other nights the "show" was the CD playing games!! We're staying with HAL, X, and Princess when it comes to real cruise entertainment.

On the Liberty one night only entertianment in main lounge was social hosts playing games Never saw that one before.

If they show production shows over two nights and do this the flyons will be pretty much gone.

My experience has been that the shows are still intact and there has been no major change. The major complaint I have seen is the quality/quantity of shows' date=' rather than their elimination. However, there are still 2-3 major shows in the main lounge on every 5-7 day cruise. On other evenings, there are lesser high volume forms of entertainment across the ship (ie. entertainment is generally more spread out amongst comedians, karaoke, etc.).[/quote']

On the Dream we had one night that was dark - no shows at all in the theater. The only evening entertainment was the deck party.

Maggie

I have been reading on the boards of Carnival eliminating the nightly shows in the main Theater. Has this happened? We are on the Sunshine in May for the ports, but the shows at night would be nice. Haven't been on Carnival for a few years(2006).

For those recently sailing on Carnival ,or in the for those in the know please reply.

Thanks,

Bill

The shows are undergoing drastic changes from what they used to be. I'm glad to hear that you're on the ship for the ports and not for the shows, because the shows that Sunshine will be doing are getting terrible reviews, as other ships are currently doing the exact same shows. (I have not seen them myself yet.) They are shorter (30 minutes or less), have no live music at all, and have 8 singers/dancers interacting with a big screen and other effects. A couple people have reported liking it; most people say they're terrible, including "PROCRUISE" a few posts back. These types of shows are not on every 2.0 ship. They are only on Sunshine, Breeze, Glory, & Conquest. That helps to explain some comments on this thread. Preliminary reports are that Fascination & Fantasy will get these new, worse shows on their next drydock. All other ships still have the hour-long shows that we're all used to, that include a full band, 2 singers, and 12+ dancers. That is likely to be changing, unfortunately, unless this change starts to negatively effect profits.

And in response to some other comments on this thread, yes, there is almost always at least one dark night (aka, dead night) on the ship for the longer cruises. There will be no show at all. This started 2 years ago. And unfortunately, on the 4 ships I just mentioned with the bad new shows, they also have a night or 2 for the Hasbro game show. It's guests playing games on stage. It's good for a laugh, but not an actual show. No real show those nights. So yes, entertainment on Sunshine will be scarce. I'm sure you'll still have a great time on the trip, just like I will on the Breeze next month, because we're prepared for what there will/won't be. No disappointments.

The shows are undergoing drastic changes from what they used to be. I'm glad to hear that you're on the ship for the ports and not for the shows, because the shows that Sunshine will be doing are getting terrible reviews, as other ships are currently doing the exact same shows. (I have not seen them myself yet.) They are shorter (30 minutes or less), have no live music at all, and have 8 singers/dancers interacting with a big screen and other effects. A couple people have reported liking it; most people say they're terrible, including "PROCRUISE" a few posts back. These types of shows are not on every 2.0 ship. They are only on Sunshine, Breeze, Glory, & Conquest. That helps to explain some comments on this thread. Preliminary reports are that Fascination & Fantasy will get these new, worse shows on their next drydock. All other ships still have the hour-long shows that we're all used to, that include a full band, 2 singers, and 12+ dancers. That is likely to be changing, unfortunately, unless this change starts to negatively effect profits.

And in response to some other comments on this thread, yes, there is almost always at least one dark night (aka, dead night) on the ship for the longer cruises. There will be no show at all. This started 2 years ago. And unfortunately, on the 4 ships I just mentioned with the bad new shows, they also have a night or 2 for the Hasbro game show. It's guests playing games on stage. It's good for a laugh, but not an actual show. No real show those nights. So yes, entertainment on Sunshine will be scarce. I'm sure you'll still have a great time on the trip, just like I will on the Breeze next month, because we're prepared for what there will/won't be. No disappointments.

We have been ona few ships where the love and marriage game was an evening's entertainment.

Was funny in the beginning but getting boring with the same questions so we have been skipping that.

We will find things to do each night but not the same as years ago.

Archived