(my) Passages Confusion

C 2 C

Instead of canceling those 5 will they let you transfer them to a new sailing?

All 5 were booked to take advantage of the 1-2-3 promo. The promo cannot be transferred to other sailings so there was no reason to keep them.

Celebrity's marketing model seems to be to come up with new incentives for people to make new, additional bookings. I've now been "conditioned" by Celebrity not to make a new booking without a "carrot" attached.

However I explained to the Celebrity Redeployment Agent that it was their cancellation of the cruise that I had chosen that led me to request a cancellation of my bookings due to an overlap of dates. She then consulted a supervisor. I'm checking my credit card daily for a return of the deposits.

Hi, I have registered several times on celebrity website and am a crown and anchor member but never seem to be advised of any specials. Could it be because I am from Australia? If anyone knows how i can get onto the tuesday specials I would greatly appreciate the info. I am wanting to book a med cruise for september.

Thanks heaps

The new rules turns all bookings made on board into "Passages", not just an "Open Passage"

Over the years I have never, with at least half a dozen experiences, lost a deposit after canceling a booking made with a passage, despite the small print following **

However the incident that caused me to start this thread..

was not about the examples so far involving cancellation of an open passage morphed into a firm booking but:

While on board over a month ago we booked 5 consecutive short cruises which Celebrity now labels a "A Reserved Passage". Last week Celebrity emailed me that the first of these had been chartered and that I had to contact them concerning this cancelled cruise booking.

I then booked two consecutive 14 day cruises using two of the booking numbers which would have us onboard for about the same time period. I now wanted to cancel the other three bookings because they were for the same time period and I was told that the cancellation of a Passage booking made on board would involve the loss of the deposit.

Celebrity changed the terminology to include any booking made on board to a "Passage" booking so that the same penalty would now apply as an Open Booking small print.

If they canceled the cruise, they should refund your money. I never understood why Celebrity (and Azamara) could not attach these to ones Captains Club number as a "Passage" for a future cruise the way that HAL does and has no problem. Celebrity forces people to (sometimes) pick random cruises and dates in the future so they do not loose their money until they figure out where to place the booking when they need to cancel.

Your situation is differant since they chartered the cruise you had booked.

All 5 were booked to take advantage of the 1-2-3 promo. The promo cannot be transferred to other sailings so there was no reason to keep them.

Celebrity's marketing model seems to be to come up with new incentives for people to make new, additional bookings. I've now been "conditioned" by Celebrity not to make a new booking without a "carrot" attached.

However I explained to the Celebrity Redeployment Agent that it was their cancellation of the cruise that I had chosen that led me to request a cancellation of my bookings due to an overlap of dates. She then consulted a supervisor. I'm checking my credit card daily for a return of the deposits.

The 1,2,3 Promo is being offered again starting this Friday.

Could you re book then with the deposits you have from your cancelled cruise?

That is the $200 question. Promos are normally for new bookings only. If you have a booking number with an attached deposit, it is not a "new" booking as I (mis?)understand the rules and exclusions. :confused:

While on board over a month ago we booked 5 consecutive short cruises which Celebrity now labels a "A Reserved Passage". Last week Celebrity emailed me that the first of these had been chartered and that I had to contact them concerning this cancelled cruise booking.

I then booked two consecutive 14 day cruises using two of the booking numbers which would have us onboard for about the same time period. I now wanted to cancel the other three bookings because they were for the same time period and I was told that the cancellation of a Passage booking made on board would involve the loss of the deposit.

Celebrity changed the terminology to include any booking made on board to a "Passage" booking so that the same penalty would now apply as an Open Booking small print.

Hi Arno,

This is quite disturbing. Are you saying that Celebrity has changed their policy where now you will not get your deposit back if you cancel a cruise which was booked onboard (even if before the final payment deadline)? We are talking actual cruises, not just the Open Passages, right?

If that is the case they will see a significant drop in onboard bookings after the word gets out.

Hi Arno,

This is quite disturbing. Are you saying that Celebrity has changed their policy where now you will not get your deposit back if you cancel a cruise which was booked onboard (even if before the final payment deadline)? We are talking actual cruises, not just the Open Passages, right?

If that is the case they will see a significant drop in onboard bookings after the word gets out.

That is what I was told by the Redeployment desk.

On board bookings are now called Passages: (a) Open (b) Confirmed Sailing Date

Once a sailing date has been applied to the Passages, cancellation will involve loss of deposit.

Since specials are for new bookings only, I can see absolutely no reason to book on board unless a special deal is available at the time of booking. An open Passage has lost its appeal even though I still hold three of them.

That is the $200 question. Promos are normally for new bookings only. If you have a booking number with an attached deposit, it is not a "new" booking as I (mis?)understand the rules and exclusions. :confused:

Can we ask this to Host Andy (who seems able to find out the real answers to most questions.)

Arno-

the question in my previous posting still stands BUT I found the Preliminary Price Quote sheet from the ship for one of my recent bookings.

Without scanning the whole thing (which I'll do if you want) I found the pertinent sentence.

"If you choose to cancel your reservation, this deposit is fully refundable until 75 days prior to sailing."

Arno-

"If you choose to cancel your reservation, this deposit is fully refundable until 75 days prior to sailing."

I think this is a very recent change. I will be on the Connie tomorrow and will ask the future cruise sales staff. Tom

From my TA and on these boards.

See below

Offer Choices

Offer Details

Free Beverage Package

Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits,

valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by

us—a 12-night sailing has a total value of more than $1,056

Free Gratuities

Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit

Receive $100* for 3- to 5-night sailings

Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings

Receive $300* for 10-night or more sailings

*To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Mar. 15 - Apr. 15, 2013 (the “Offer Period”) and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding

Celebrity Xpedition cruises that departs between Jun. 2013 – Mar 2014. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar, Group X, cruisetour and ARS price

program rates and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is only applicable with the following price programs that begin with FST, TR, GRPX, ARS. Offers exclude

all other price programs and discounted rates, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, ChoiceAir, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and

employee rates. Offers are not applicable to inside staterooms. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully

deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.” Qualifying Bookings for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options (all

other Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options): Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the

option(s) you chose by Apr 15, 2013. All Guests in stateroom must select the same option. Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving;

spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, and teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount

based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity

Cruises. Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Apr 15, 2013. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two

guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities (amounts based on gratuity guidelines). Onboard Credit is per stateroom and amount based

on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not

used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. Captain’s Club members are eligible to receive an additional $500 OBC for suites booked

on cruises departing Jun. – Sep. 2013. Loyalty offer applies to new individual and non-contracted group bookings named and deposited Mar. 2013 – Apr. 15, 2014. Unless stated otherwise, all other terms

of the Offer apply. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Apr.

25, 2013. To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702. For information on this offer visit Celebritycruises.com. All Offers are non-transferable and applicable

only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted groups.

Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Travel

partners can request the offers by visiting http://www.cruisingpower.com and selecting the coupon redemption tool available from the booking tools global navigation (booking tools>coupon redemption) and

choose the offer(s) from the drop down menu. ©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador. 13033253 • 3/2013

Choose from three exciting offers below on all sailings June 1 – March 31, 2014.

Plus, when you book a 2013 Europe sailing, you’ll be able to choose TWO of the three offers for an even more amazing

vacation value.

Plus, Captain’s Club members earn an additional

$500*

onboard credit when they book a suite on any sailing departing

June – September 2013.

Plus, enjoy reduced air rates on select departures.

But hurry, this is a limited time offer. So, book your Celebrity Cruises vacation March 15 – April 15, 2013.

From my TA and on these boards.

See below

Offers exclude

all other price programs and discounted rates, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, ChoiceAir, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and

employee rates. .

That is interesting... does it really mean that if you get the 1,2,3 promo you can't use Choiceair???

That is interesting... does it really mean that if you get the 1,2,3 promo you can't use Choiceair???

No. There is a price program called Choice Air. I believe it has chsar or something like that in the booking code, like res for the resident rate. If you book that choice air promo and don't B]use choice air, your booking can be re-priced to the prevailing rate. There is a thread on here where that actually tried to happen, but since it was Australia it didn't.

As long as you book the five star rates, you can still book choice air for your trip. It just can't be that rate code. So just book the five star rate and you will be fine.

Pat

We have always received our deposits back if we had to cancel a cruise. I was told last year by our travel agent that Celebrity had begun enforcing the non-refundable part unless the booking is transferred. I think I may have read something about that on these boards too.

I'll be interested to see if you can re-book and get the 123 as well as the Passages OBC. The way I understood it that was not allowed because it is combining promotions.

Archived