A few questions from a NCL newbie

calmKiki

This May will be my first cruise with NCL.:D I’m excited but also curious about a few things.

1) since there is no laundry facility on the boat. Does anyone know the price for washing items? And how much can you wash for that price?

2) I didn’t book a guaranteed room and I have my room number already, is it possible to still be offered an upgrade? (Never got one yet but it don’t hurt to dream)

3) And lastly do they offer coffee cards for specialty coffees ect..?

Any help will be appreciated :)

This May will be my first cruise with NCL.:D I’m excited but also curious about a few things.

1) since there is no laundry facility on the boat. Does anyone know the price for washing items? And how much can you wash for that price?

2) I didn’t book a guaranteed room and I have my room number already, is it possible to still be offered an upgrade? (Never got one yet but it don’t hurt to dream)

3) And lastly do they offer coffee cards for specialty coffees ect..?

Any help will be appreciated :)

Usually around day 5 or so they will leave a bag in your room during the daily cleaning - I believe that the cost is around 20.00 for as much as you can fit in the bag.

The upgrade fairy can call at anytime - you can upsell yourself at anytime as long as rooms are available.

NCL is constantly changing their offerings when it comes to the drink packages - last June when I last sailed there were no such cards - only Sodas.

The laundry bag is a big bag and to me it was worth it as we were on week two of our trip and were running out of clothes, everything was nicely folded, hung and no wrinkles for the half price bag day.

Have never seen a discount card for drinks but we aren't soda people and we enjoy the free coffee so we really don't look or ask for it. I do see bottled water deals as you board but I never buy it

The upsell fairy has never called me :(

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The laundry bag special is $24.95 for as much as you can stuff in the bag.

No specialty coffee cards.

Still possible to receive an upsell call. If you booked through NCL, they will contact you directly. If through a travel agent, NCL will contact the agent who will then contact you. Keep in mind, it is more common NOT to receive a call than to receive one.

the laundry bag is about 1/2-3/4 the size of a paper grocery bag. you'd be amazed what you can stuff in it though. remember that you just need to be able to fit it in and if you roll your clothes, you can fit more in. it comes back clean and folded. they do put little tags on the inside of the clothes that you will need to peel off. we always have two full bags come back for every bag we send because we got so good at packing them

Archived