On Board Credit used for tips?

Dick D.

not all. if its a refundable one yes others come with restrictions not allowing it

This.

It used to be that once you were onboard, NCL didn't distinguish between the different types of OBC and it all went against your charges, including the DSC. That changed last January, I believe, or maybe even the one before that.

We recently had about $300 OBC and there are lots of creative ways to use it. I purchased a (new) robe from the Housekeeping Dept. We have also used the credits toward photos, the gift shop, Columbian Emeralds, Art Gallery, Duty Free Liquor, Specialty Restaurants , shore excursions and the Spa. OBC's are a gift and they are fun to spend. :D

We had $700 on our last cruise and I had read here that while technically it couldn't be used for the service charge, it would be.

Wouldn't you know that on our cruise we were told NO. (and it was last Jan.).

So the last day dh used what was left over toward a watch.

We had been to all the ports before so we couldn't use it for excursions.

We used it for restaurants and drinks...but I was sick two days and didn't feel like drinking so we had quite a bit left over. It wasn't that easy to spend.

We recently had about $300 OBC and there are lots of creative ways to use it. I purchased a (new) robe from the Housekeeping Dept. We have also used the credits toward photos, the gift shop, Columbian Emeralds, Art Gallery, Duty Free Liquor, Specialty Restaurants , shore excursions and the Spa. OBC's are a gift and they are fun to spend. :D

But how do you accumulate so much OBC? I think we only get like $50 from our booking. How do you earn or get more?

The most OBC I have ever been given was $100, anything higher was what I had put on their myself.

I wish I knew how people were getting so much, though I have seen between 300-400 for a suite booking, which I could easily spend on specialty dining and drinks.

But how do you accumulate so much OBC? I think we only get like $50 from our booking. How do you earn or get more?

I keep a watchful eye on the NCL website and we book a little over a year out. I make my early booking and change it according to specials. There have also been OBCs for changing Lattitude Levels. The last cruise I was able to add $100 OBC for a HSN special. It is work to constantly be looking, but it is well worth it. :D

The most OBC I have ever been given was $100, anything higher was what I had put on their myself.

I wish I knew how people were getting so much, though I have seen between 300-400 for a suite booking, which I could easily spend on specialty dining and drinks.

I've received obc for some of the following:

Using an Amex card (for suite booking, I think)

Booking more than 9 months in advance.

My TA finding a group to put us into.

We were advised when we booked our upcoming trip that the OBC cannot be used for the tip.

If it is an OBC issued by NCL, NO, it cannot be used for tipping. If, however, your TA gave you on OBC, you can use that for tipping or anything else.

Hope this helps!

This.

It used to be that once you were onboard, NCL didn't distinguish between the different types of OBC and it all went against your charges, including the DSC. That changed last January, I believe, or maybe even the one before that.

yes I am aware. As I said before if its a refundable OBC(refundable to anyone) you can use it for the DSC otherwise you can't.

Hi

I have been adding onboard credit each month for a few months now so that we can really enjoy our Cruise without having a large bill at the end. If however we did have any cash left would it be refunded to us?

Archived