Loyal Royal

kijjy

We had a bad cruise on Carnival Jubilee many years ago. Electrical problems/power outages and an itinerary replacement. Fancy that? ;) And for many years we boycotted the entire line. We enjoyed Princess until they were purchased by Carnival. We extended our boycott to Princess.

In the last few years, we have actually thought about trying Carnival again because of their West Coast presence.

In light of recent events, we have decided it's not worth venturing out. :D:):D

It's unlikely to happen again, but they are not having very good performance lately.

We had a bad cruise on Carnival Jubilee many years ago. Electrical problems/power outages and an itinerary replacement. Fancy that? ;) And for many years we boycotted the entire line. We enjoyed Princess until they were purchased by Carnival. We extended our boycott to Princess.

In the last few years, we have actually thought about trying Carnival again because of their West Coast presence.

In light of recent events, we have decided it's not worth venturing out. :D:):D

It's unlikely to happen again, but they are not having very good performance lately.

Have you heard the latest? Carnival legend is currently limping back to Tampa with propulsion problems. Had to miss ports due to the problem. This is crazy!:eek:

Have you heard the latest? Carnival legend is currently limping back to Tampa with propulsion problems. Had to miss ports due to the problem. This is crazy!:eek:

I hadn't heard that until I saw the headline and your post. So nope, probably not going to try Carnival again anytime soon. :)

Only other cruise was on NCL which most definitely will not be repeated. As long as RCI has places to go that I like I will stay loyal. When I run out of choices maybe then I will look elsewhere. But II am a ship snob and love the look and layout of RCI ships.

I have sailed on Carnival and had an extremely good time.

With that said, I am a bit hesitant to book them now. I realize that problems can happen all over the place, but having problems with 3 ships in less than 2 months has me questioning their quality of ship maintainance.

LOL...Actually, I think I was wrong... I think its only 2 ships in a month. Bad things usually happen in threes so after their next problem I'll look at them again. ;)

I thought it was only 2, but then again I might have missed something. When it comes to bad things that happen in groups of 3. Well, that only applies to celebrity deaths, not cruise ship incidents.......hahaha. But leave it to Carnival to set the tone.

I guess my ESP powers are good. :) The Carnival Legend is now having problems.

I've never cruised with anyone other than RCI although I've looked at others. It's just that RCI has always had somewhere I wanted to go and I know their service/standards etc. Well you can better believe now I'm never GOING to sail anyone other than RCI. I'm sure others feel this way too and sadly, that's going to allow RCI to raise those rates....

RC, especially the newer ships like the Oasis and Allure, are a great experience! So many options- but if you don't need the rock climbing walls, wave pool and ice skating- consider Celebrity. Especially the solstice class ships.

We like both and find them to be great!

I've never cruised with anyone other than RCI although I've looked at others. It's just that RCI has always had somewhere I wanted to go and I know their service/standards etc. Well you can better believe now I'm never GOING to sail anyone other than RCI. I'm sure others feel this way too and sadly, that's going to allow RCI to raise those rates....

I understand and appreciate the "if it ain't broke" philosophy. I tend to be the same way. However, had I held strictly to that theory, I'd have never tried RCL. I cruised six times on Carnival and loved it. When I ended up on a Royal Cruise, I realized I loved it a lot MORE! Who'd have imagined??

With Carnival's recent track record (too many incidents to chalk up to bad luck!), I wouldn't consider a Carnival owned ship at this point and I don't feel like HAL is really geared toward my taste. I tend to lean toward Royal, but would absolutely consider Celebrity. In fact, I rather expect I'll eventually end up there (and yes, I know it's still the same company), as Royal keeps tending toward mega ships and I prefer the smaller vessels.

I understand and appreciate the "if it ain't broke" philosophy. I tend to be the same way. However, had I held strictly to that theory, I'd have never tried RCL. I cruised six times on Carnival and loved it. When I ended up on a Royal Cruise, I realized I loved it a lot MORE! Who'd have imagined??

With Carnival's recent track record (too many incidents to chalk up to bad luck!), I wouldn't consider a Carnival owned ship at this point and I don't feel like HAL is really geared toward my taste. I tend to lean toward Royal, but would absolutely consider Celebrity. In fact, I rather expect I'll eventually end up there (and yes, I know it's still the same company), as Royal keeps tending toward mega ships and I prefer the smaller vessels.

I meant to say NCL. HAL IS part of Carnival!! :p

Doubtful. There are too many cruiselines out there. AND Carnival is going to end up dropping their prices even more to reel customers in and they will, they always have with their prices. I don't think RCI will change their prices, especially for sailings in the Caribbean.

Archived