Loyal Royal

kijjy

I have sailed on Carnival and had an extremely good time.

With that said, I am a bit hesitant to book them now. I realize that problems can happen all over the place, but having problems with 3 ships in less than 2 months has me questioning their quality of ship maintainance.

I have sailed on Carnival and had an extremely good time.

With that said, I am a bit hesitant to book them now. I realize that problems can happen all over the place, but having problems with 3 ships in less than 2 months has me questioning their quality of ship maintainance.

I guess from a "Bad Luck" point of view, they should be good to go for a few years now.......lol.

I don't think I could ever commit myself to just one cruiseline. Loyalty is fine - but you miss so much if you're not willing to try different ships and cruiselines. We love Norwegian and Celebrity. We've had great cruises on Princess and HAL and our Disney cruises were just downright amazing. A friend of mine raves about Azamara, so I have tucked that away for the future - and then there is river cruising! Nope - I couldn't commit to just one. We're taking our first RC cruise in Sept. on the Oasis and I am very excited about it! We learned that we are definitely NOT Carnival people and I will never take another Carnival cruise (one was enough). Of course everyone is different and vacation time is precious and you should use it as it best suits you - but I don't think I'd be that rigid about one cruiseline.

I'm not big into the pools, so that isn't an issue for me. If I recall, the Veendam was the only ship that was suppose to dock in St. George. Then some brain surgeon realized that the draft was too deep and she couldn't fit. Did they tender you into St. George and then dock for a few days in Hamilton?

HAL used to do that, but last year we just docked in Hamilton on front street for the 3 1/2 days, there is a ferry that you can take to St George and we did that one of the days.

I guess from a "Bad Luck" point of view, they should be good to go for a few years now.......lol.

LOL...Actually, I think I was wrong... I think its only 2 ships in a month. Bad things usually happen in threes so after their next problem I'll look at them again. ;)

LOL...Actually, I think I was wrong... I think its only 2 ships in a month. Bad things usually happen in threes so after their next problem I'll look at them again. ;)

I thought it was only 2, but then again I might have missed something. When it comes to bad things that happen in groups of 3. Well, that only applies to celebrity deaths, not cruise ship incidents.......hahaha. But leave it to Carnival to set the tone.

We have sailed on Carnival several times. On at least 3 times we sailed on the Carnival Paradise, a designated non smoking ship; however, altho always sailing full, it was moved to Calif. ( we were told that without smokers, the alcohol sales dropped dramatically) as a smoking permissible. We really enjoyed those trips. Thereafter, we tried other Carnival ships but when compared to RCCL, Princess and Celebrity; those trips were cheaper but less enjoyable. Granted, that is our personal opinion and certainly others can and do view it differently.

I really like RCI but just returned from my first cruise on Celebrity. I now have a new favorite cruise line. Our next cruise is on RCI then back to Celebrity. We will still cruise with RCI when we want an Oasis class cruise but unless you step out and try other lines, it's hard to know if there are other lines out there that might also meet your cruising needs.

We are pretty much loyal to Royal. Taking our 50 Royal cruise at the end of the month and have many more planned. We are however taking Celebrity next April as it has the itin we love, way less than Royal for that week and then then threw in the Bev Classic Pkg so it was a no brainer. Doing Summit instead of Jewel April 2014. But other than that, pretty much do nothing but Royal

I love royal but I also really enjoyed my NCL cruise. DH wants to stay loyal to royal and try Celebrity. I'm happy staying with these three lines but wouldn't rule out a Carnival cruise if the price was incredible and the ship was new.

If a plane crashes tomorrow are you not gonna fly to catch your Independence cruise? Im not trying to be a jerk I promise. Thats an honest question.

If one American Airlines plane crashes because of an equipment malfunction... that would probably not deter me from flying American Airlines.

However if two American Airlines planes crash within weeks of each other because of equipment malfunctions... then yes, I would not fly with them. Honest answer.

Yes, I think accidents can happen and Carnival is in the unfortunate circumstance to be dealing with two similar equipment issues. So unless they can come out with some amazing deal that totally wows me, then I see no reason to sail on Carnival. I'm sure we will eventually try another cruise line, but for now, RCCL is fitting the bill just fine.

And besides, we'll be Diamond after our next cruise :D.

Ann

I've never cruised with anyone other than RCI although I've looked at others. It's just that RCI has always had somewhere I wanted to go and I know their service/standards etc. Well you can better believe now I'm never GOING to sail anyone other than RCI. I'm sure others feel this way too and sadly, that's going to allow RCI to raise those rates....

So problems with one cruise line mean that you're going to avoid all of them (except RCI)? I'm confused. :confused:

I've never cruised with anyone other than RCI although I've looked at others. It's just that RCI has always had somewhere I wanted to go and I know their service/standards etc. Well you can better believe now I'm never GOING to sail anyone other than RCI. I'm sure others feel this way too and sadly, that's going to allow RCI to raise those rates....

If the "others" felt that way too; they are already only cruising one line - Royal Caribbean. If and when you fly, do you continue to only use the first airline you took because that flight went well? Have you always had the same make and model of car, just updating the year? It's a big world out there with other lines, along with RCI, that have great ships, great crews, and great destinations. For me, RCI is one of many. I'll risk them.

I'm loyal because of the Concierge Club (as well as overall satisfaction with the ships).

I think once you have access to the lounges, it is hard to travel with another - unless it's for a specific itinerary.

Raina

There is more to my day then spending it in a lounge. ;)

There is more to my day then spending it in a lounge. ;)

Far from saying that I spend my time in the lounges.....but what an added luxury when travelling. A quite place whenever you want, quality coffee and a drink or two each evening before dinner. A brilliant place to meet people.

I believe that a cruise line that can offer services like this to the frequent flyers is on the right track. Until I run out of itineraries that I like (- or want to do something the RC des not offer) I will be happy to stay Loyal.

If a plane crashes tomorrow are you not gonna fly to catch your Independence cruise? Im not trying to be a jerk I promise. Thats an honest question.

I understand not wanting to cruise Carnival because of a past experience but I just cant fathom the thought of stopping cruising Carival or cruising in general because of a couple incidents of inconvenience.

My chances of getting killed while driving home this afternoon are MUCH greater than being killed or even stranded on a cruise ship but I will drive home just the same as I did yesterday :)

No, I won't stop flying because of one plane crash. But if the same airline has 2 plane crashes in the span of a month then I will never fly with that airline again.Why would I when there are choices? Same with anything in life - bad products or service won't get my support. If repeated issues occur I will avoid this situation - what's so difficult to understand about that? I never said I wouldn't cruise again, I just said I wouldn't cruise with Carnival. And the driving home reference doesn't make any sense...that's not choice....you have to drive home.;) Again, it's about choices.

I am soon to be 45 and have been cruising almost 20 years. I say this to say age wise I have crossed a demographic since my first cruise. I have been on multiple cruises with RCCL and CCL. Also I have cruised once with Princess and once with Celebrity. In my opinion CCL has the best bedding and perks for those who have not reached platinum or related status. Where RCCL excels is the wow factor of their ships and also their stage shows. The food for me is pretty much a push for all. Maybe Celebrity gets a slight edge. I think the differences are exaggerated by those who have a superiority complex because many people who rag on CCL have never been on a CCL ship. Princess and Celebrity to me were similar to each other and not particularly my cup of tea, however I have family members who swear by them. I found them too old and slightly elitist. The RCCL, CCL debate goes on because of CCL's market share. I feel these lines are more alike than different. Cabins-CCL, food=,Shows-RCCL, overall= or maybe slight edge to RCCL but certainly not the difference people like to crow about. Any experienced cruiser knows there are many variables (time of year, age of ship, length of cruise etc.) in each cruise. It amazes me how some people will use as reference a 4 night spring break cruise on an old CCL ship and compare that to an 11 night Mediterranean cruise on the Allure. I come to CC to gain helpful information on the wonders of cruising and this forum has served me well. Let's not allow personal bias to keep others from enjoying all that is offered from cruising multiple lines. Trust me none are perfect but to me all are great. But this is just the opinion of a guy who believes a day on a ship beats a day on land.

I would say that I am loyal to royal but I definitely want to try Celebrity because of the good reviews. I did try Carnival once, one their newest ships at the time (freedom) and it wasn't for us. I know some people think they are more a like than different but the things that were different were things that are important to us and we decided that even if RCCL cost more, it is worth it for us and were willing to pay extra.

Started with Royal in 1999, over 2 dozen cruises later we are still happy with Royal. Yes the quality of the food has dropped and other things aren't necessary as nice as they were in the past but we have never had a major complaint so Loyal to Royal we stay.

Sailing again on Sat.:D

What didn't you like about Carnival? I never sailed with them, but one day I might just for Sh*ts & giggles.

I didn't like the layout of the ship - apparently they are all like that. It was very confusing with no flow. The décor was gaudy. The crew seemed indifferent. The pool deck as very, very loud all day. There was very little live music. The buffet food was terrible - corn beef at the carving station...really?:rolleyes: I can't really explain the "not our cup of tea" thing except to say the general atmosphere on the ship just wasn't a match for our personal preferences.

I did like the balcony cabin size and configuration and loved the warm chocolate melting cake!:D The kids loved camp carnival - its as good as Adventure Ocean.

There wasn't enough good to out way for bad for me though. But everyone is different. Try it and decide for yourself - it's the only way you'll know.:)

No, I won't stop flying because of one plane crash. But if the same airline has 2 plane crashes in the span of a month then I will never fly with that airline again.Why would I when there are choices? Same with anything in life - bad products or service won't get my support. If repeated issues occur I will avoid this situation - what's so difficult to understand about that? I never said I wouldn't cruise again, I just said I wouldn't cruise with Carnival. And the driving home reference doesn't make any sense...that's not choice....you have to drive home.;) Again, it's about choices.

Wow, why the attitude? Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

FWIW, I didn't say you said you wouldn't cruise again. I've just read that from many people in the comments section of the articles about Carnivals mishaps.

That in turn was why I referenced driving home so it does make sense.

Wow, why the attitude? Didn't mean to touch a nerve.

FWIW, I didn't say you said you wouldn't cruise again. I've just read that from many people in the comments section of the articles about Carnivals mishaps.

That in turn was why I referenced driving home so it does make sense.

Sorry, didn't mean for it to come off like an attitude. None was intended. Maybe I should have added a couple of smiley faces in with the wink:):)

FWIW you did mention not cruising so I thought you had directed that at my post.....

I understand not wanting to cruise Carnival because of a past experience but I just cant fathom the thought of stopping cruising Carival or cruising in general because of a couple incidents of inconvenience.

My chances of getting killed while driving home this afternoon are MUCH greater than being killed or even stranded on a cruise ship but I will drive home just the same as I did yesterday :)

Archived