Loyal Royal

kijjy

I've never cruised with anyone other than RCI although I've looked at others. It's just that RCI has always had somewhere I wanted to go and I know their service/standards etc. Well you can better believe now I'm never GOING to sail anyone other than RCI. I'm sure others feel this way too and sadly, that's going to allow RCI to raise those rates....

I would consider myself loyal to Royal as well but I would still consider to cruise on other lines like NCL or the river cruises in Europe. I just have happened to stay with Royal because like you the ports and price was right and I like building up my C & A status. The only thing this has really done is turned me off from Carnival and anything under their umbrella until I feel comfortable with them again. Who knows when that will be.

I too am very loyal to RCI however I did try a PCL to the Mexican Riviera last Feb (sorry RCI has left the west coast and this favorite itinerary of mine)..Certainly I would enjoy it...newly refurbished ship (Sapphire Princess) very popular corner aft mini-suite E731, great price, and best of all just a short drive to San Pedro....

I didn't... and believe me I tried...Something just seemed off :confused:, food and service was not what I always get from RCI...Oh well, I tried...Please come back to the west coast (San Pedro) RCI !!

I love me some Royal Caribbean but I would cruise on Carnival tomorrow if I could.

I just love to cruise.

After what's happened lately (including today)...you might find them at a great price point ;)

I've never cruised with anyone other than RCI although I've looked at others. It's just that RCI has always had somewhere I wanted to go and I know their service/standards etc. Well you can better believe now I'm never GOING to sail anyone other than RCI. I'm sure others feel this way too and sadly, that's going to allow RCI to raise those rates....

What happened today to make you so adamant?

Kathy

After what's happened lately (including today)...you might find them at a great price point ;)

You're right. It might be a great time to try Carnival as their cabin prices will be effected from their bad string of luck lately. I'm game, who wants to go?

I would!

Me too. What's the worst that could happen. Who needs power and plumbing.........mere incidentials. Just need food, drinks and a place to rest my head. I'm retired and not in a rush to get anywhere. So if we have to float around under ore power............MAZALTOV !!!!

I wouldn't sail (float?) Carnival again if it was free. After trying Carnival a while back we decided it wasn't for us - just not our cup of tea. But after these last couple of incidents.......not a chance I'd ever set foot on one of their ships again. But that's just me.:cool:

I wouldn't sail (float?) Carnival again if it was free. After trying Carnival a while back we decided it wasn't for us - just not our cup of tea. But after these last couple of incidents.......not a chance I'd ever set foot on one of their ships again. But that's just me.:cool:

What didn't you like about Carnival? I never sailed with them, but one day I might just for Sh*ts & giggles.

What didn't you like about Carnival? I never sailed with them, but one day I might just for Sh*ts & giggles.

Sh*ts and giggles are well and good until somebody giggles and sh*ts...

What happened today to make you so adamant?

Kathy

My guess is that its in reference to Carnival's Freedom being docked in St. Marteen with similar problems to the Triumph last month. They are flying passengers home, and cancelling the cruise that should leave in 2 days.

If a plane crashes tomorrow are you not gonna fly to catch your Independence cruise? Im not trying to be a jerk I promise. Thats an honest question.

I understand not wanting to cruise Carnival because of a past experience but I just cant fathom the thought of stopping cruising Carival or cruising in general because of a couple incidents of inconvenience.

My chances of getting killed while driving home this afternoon are MUCH greater than being killed or even stranded on a cruise ship but I will drive home just the same as I did yesterday :)

We are not loyal to anyone but RCCL is a excellent line ( we are diamond on rccl) but last 3 were Hal which I think has better food, Princess and Celeberity are ok, we also like Costa, next cruise is also Hal, we like the fact that Hal allows to bring on unlimited amount of wine (18 dollar corkage if you have wine in public area)

If a plane crashes tomorrow are you not gonna fly to catch your Independence cruise? Im not trying to be a jerk I promise. Thats an honest question.

I understand not wanting to cruise Carnival because of a past experience but I just cant fathom the thought of stopping cruising Carival or cruising in general because of a couple incidents of inconvenience.

My chances of getting killed while driving home this afternoon are MUCH greater than being killed or even stranded on a cruise ship but I will drive home just the same as I did yesterday :)

Like!!!

Royal has always done right by me but I would not say I would never sail another line. Yes, even Carnival if they had an itinerary that Royal did not offer. If they did a 10 day partial canal that Royal gave up I'd book in a heartbeat, even after this last fiasco!!:eek:

We are not loyal to anyone but RCCL is a excellent line ( we are diamond on rccl) but last 3 were Hal which I think has better food, Princess and Celeberity are ok, we also like Costa, next cruise is also Hal, we like the fact that Hal allows to bring on unlimited amount of wine (18 dollar corkage if you have wine in public area)

I wanted to try the Veendam this year, but they stopped cruising to Bermuda.

I cruised with Carnival once and it was okay.

After today's problems and the previous issues, I think CCL has a problem They need to do some investigation to see why they are having so many issues in a short period of time. They need to be honest with the public.

Isn't Dream a fairly new ship?

I will say that I think Carnival has stepped up to take care of their passengers.

We were on Veendam in May to Bermuda, ship was ok but just had one pool, wish more ships left out of NYC.

I'm not big into the pools, so that isn't an issue for me. If I recall, the Veendam was the only ship that was suppose to dock in St. George. Then some brain surgeon realized that the draft was too deep and she couldn't fit. Did they tender you into St. George and then dock for a few days in Hamilton?

We haven't cruised carnival in many years. I remember the first time being absolutely horrified by the hustle. Bar waiters waiting in stairwells to sell you prepoured drinks. Every time you turned around someone was trying to sell you something. Bingo was held before every event in the show lounge, so while you were waiting for the show they were selling you bingo cards. That was back in the 90's. Guess what, it was a formula that worked and every other mass market line is doing the same thing, just took a few years. I would be leery about trying it now. Too much "bad Luck" that may not be just "luck". Their prices are lower generally and at this point are offering pretty much the same thing as all the rest. I wonder if they've been cutting corners on maintenance. Where there is smoke there's usually fire. In this case sometimes literally.

I cruised with Carnival once and it was okay.

After today's problems and the previous issues, I think CCL has a problem They need to do some investigation to see why they are having so many issues in a short period of time. They need to be honest with the public.

Isn't Dream a fairly new ship?

I will say that I think Carnival has stepped up to take care of their passengers.

Their issue seems to be with their generators. Maybe they just need to replace them all.

Archived