Just to lighten the mood of this board

che5904

I love this thread, too!! Thanks for doing this.

I'm proud to be a "Carnival" passenger...we've done two Carnival cruises and are booked on the 4/20/13 "Freedom" sailing.

Their ships are always immaculate, staff is great, food is amazing. Warm chocolate melting cake and bitter & blanc are two of the best desserts I have ever had.

I love everything about CCL and it saddens me to see all this bad press and the hurtful comments the media and others are making.

Since the other post that I posted this question on got buried and this post is active, I thought I would ask here if anyone knew the answer. I'm really looking forward to the serenity deck and these chairs are so cool.

I have a question about the serenity deck.

Cruising1493.jpg

Cruising1494.jpg

In the above 2 photos it shows some of these cool chairs on the serenity deck with dome covers and some without. Are these add ons that you request or do some just come that way and others don't. Also some have foot stools and others don't are they available for all.

Some of the chairs come that way, others don't. The footstools are only at some of the chairs, they are moveable, and are pretty much first come, first serve! Some of the ships also have a couple hammocks, but they are hard to get. I only remember seeing two, total, on the ships that have them.

We like the domed chairs, again, they can be hard to get, but make a really nice wind break, and provide shade!

Another thing, the big round chairs really don't need footstools, unless you are really tall. My DH is 6'1", and doesn't need one.

Some of the chairs come that way, others don't. The footstools are only at some of the chairs, they are moveable, and are pretty much first come, first serve! Some of the ships also have a couple hammocks, but they are hard to get. I only remember seeing two, total, on the ships that have them.

We like the domed chairs, again, they can be hard to get, but make a really nice wind break, and provide shade!

Another thing, the big round chairs really don't need footstools, unless you are really tall. My DH is 6'1", and doesn't need one.

Thanks for the info. Yes the Glory has the hammocks as well, but it's not a really pretty sight me tring to get in and out of a hammock, so I won't worry much about them :D

I love to get my first cup of coffee delivered then putting on the robe from the room and going out on my balcony to watch and listen to the waves! :D

We do that a lot, although in the past I was able to perk my own coffee on the ships we were on.

Love to sit on the balcony, listen to the waves and watch for possible whales or dolphins if we are in an area that they are.

I'm looking forward to my Sunshine cruise. Can't wait. Ill be platinum. My goal was platinum by 30 when I went on my first cruise at almost 22. I'm missing it by three weeks (turn 30 three weeks before we sail).

I feel like people have their rights to be upset but they are posting about how they won't cruise again with Carnival here. Why? I personally find it to be strange. It's so "look at me!! This is what I'm doing." This is the last place carnival cares about or to read.

You may think alot differently once you sail on your platinum cruise that you earned by being loyal and for $50 a first time cruiser can pretty much have the same perks that we earned

On the Elation in January, I won the Welcome Aboard show contest the first night then won the hairy chest contest the second day. Everyone knew and spoke to me. Heck I even got a picture with some girls that wanted to have their picture with me. ;) This cruise was special as well because I had lost 84 pounds since my cruise last June.

usuhutej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the warm chocolate melting cake, always get it with two vanilla ice creams

I have always had an ocean view room, last cruise with a balcony! I love having the curtains open at night and watching the ship glide over the ocean.

The crew is always amazing and works so hard.

Last cruise on the Valor was a family cruise, we had an ocean suite. I loved seeing the look on our girls faces when they saw the suite and balcony for the first time.

I like the music, dancing and games.

I am leaving Thursday for a weekend girlfriends cruise. I am so looking for ward to sitting on a deck chair in the sun with a good book in one hand and a drink in the other.

OK I have an upcoming cruise in June, that I am so looking forward to. I love CC because it always helps keep my excitement up.

Due to all the recent downer events the front pages on this board are filled with doom and gloom. Geesh, call me desperate but right now I'd even love to see an old stand by thread. You know formal vs informal, chair hog vs entitled :D :D ;)

I thought it might be fun for those that have had it up to you know where with all of the depressing threads if we did something more upbeat.

As noted in my signature I'm new to Carnival. Maybe you could share with me your favorite thing about the last Carnival ship you went on. Or what you love most about Carnival.

my best was a caribbean cruise with a wheel chair after breaking my ankle. feeling very low husband says lets go on a cruise from our home port are you crazy he says no want you to be happy. well i really was afraid but so glad we went i felt almost normal.

bia:rolleyes:

We have only been on one cruise and it was on the Carnival Liberty. We had a amazing time and had very few complaints, mostly that the service in the MDR was slow and the food wasnt as amazing as we thought it would be. We got past that, not a huge deal to us. We will for sure be cruising with Carnival again!!!

Love cold beer on our cabin balcony.

Love watching the lights from other cruise ships late night.

Love the fun ship special.

Love helping the wife check her 50 Bingo cards ha ha

Love the food and great staff.

Love taking 5 showers a day

Love cruising with mostly down to earth good folks!

I wouldn't be scared either and I can't even swim. just got off the Legend in January and absolutely loved this ship. I wish I could afford to take all the cruises that the Legend will be doing in the next few months. I can only dream but I would recommend this ship to anyone. The staff and crew were wonderful, and I have been on various Carnival ships and I think this was my favorite.

Glad to hear as we will be on her at the end of May in Europe, DD's graduation trip and my parents are joining along with some friends and I chose which ship and itinerary so kinda feel responsible but I know we will have a fun time:D

We leave in a few weeks for our first-ever cruise on any line, and I can tell you that we are all completely excited and refuse to let any of the news reports dampen our enthusiasm. We are sailing on the Miracle with our two boys. We've had and seen plenty of mishaps and disasters, ruined vacations, etc. on land, and I don't really see a difference in terms of the risk you take. We had what (at the time) I thought was our dream vacation -- a week on Kaua'i with just my husband and me, and he was sick and miserable with a migraine attack the whole week. My parents took a dream vacation where my mom had a reaction to some shellfish and spent the week sick in bed. My brother and his wife had a luxury vacation wrecked by a hurricane. Stuff happens. You can't stop living and trying to have a great time!

Lisa

p.s. stuff I am most looking forward to:

- relaxing on the balcony with my morning coffee and watching the waves go by

- not having to cook or clean for an entire week

- exploring and enjoying all of the fun things about cruising that friends have been telling us for years!

Well, yes. The young lady that did my massage gave me an index card with a number of products she wanted me to consider buying. I just told her I would consider it later on and get back to her if I wanted to purchase something. She then asked me if she could call me in my cabin later to which I replied I would rather she did not.

She did get a nice tip from me though for a great massage.

Mel :)

Yikes...I almost feel bad that they force the employees to push sales like that.

....your favorite thing about the last Carnival ship you went on. Or what you love most about Carnival.

On Carnival Freedom and Valor, I LOVED the fish-n-chips. Fried oysters, fried fish, french fries, the vinegar dip. OMG I could have eaten that every single day! I know others have said it's too greasy, but I don't care. I freaking love those fried oysters and fish.

On our last cruise, Carnival Victory's 8-day repositioning cruise, I LOVED the fact that by day 3 or 4, I literally had no clue what day of the week it was! That's how I knew I was totally relaxed and in vacation mode - when I had to look at the Fun Times or the TV to see what day it was. I knew from previous trips that I could feel myself relax a few days into the trip, but honestly this was the first time I had really lost all track of time.

OK I have an upcoming cruise in June, that I am so looking forward to. I love CC because it always helps keep my excitement up.

Due to all the recent downer events the front pages on this board are filled with doom and gloom. Geesh, call me desperate but right now I'd even love to see an old stand by thread. You know formal vs informal, chair hog vs entitled :D :D ;)

I thought it might be fun for those that have had it up to you know where with all of the depressing threads if we did something more upbeat.

As noted in my signature I'm new to Carnival. Maybe you could share with me your favorite thing about the last Carnival ship you went on. Or what you love most about Carnival.

There are so many thing I love about Carnival. I have cruised 13 times and my 10th with CCL is coming up shortly. I compare them to RC and Princess who I sailed with before CCL owned them. The food on CCL is by far, better then Royal and Princess combined.

I believe the atmosphere on Carnival is so much better in that there is way more fun. They use to be tagged the party ship but that is not the case. There is a lot of fun but you don;t see then drunken people all over the place anymore. They really cleaned it up.

I agree with another post....2 a.m. and find a dark spot on the ship. Do you have any idea how many stars are up there? It freaking amazing!

I love getting ready for dinner, interacting with the dining room staff who I think are so much fun. I love dancing around the dining room with them, practical jokes with them (harmless) We had an unbelievable waiter on the Dream who gave it right back to us in fun. He hooked the spoon through the handle of the coffee cup after dinner and made it seemed like he was spilling it all over me on formal night. Well the spoon caught the cup, which was empty and kept it from falling. I think I hit the ceiling. I gave him a high 5, that was a good one and my payback. LOL

The shows are awesome. Make sure you go to the shows, as many as you can. Stay up for the comedians, watch the "family" show then go see the adult show at midnight. I do more in one week on a cruise then I do all year. Go to the piano bar....they are freaking hysterical! Go to the dance clubs, take a tour of the galley and the bridge. Go play bingo and go watch the passenger involved shows. My wife and I were picked for the "Not-so Newlywed" game one cruise and we had an absolute blast.

To sum this up...do it all...look at the Carnival Capers and find out whats going on and highlight it so it's an easy find later.

Remember, this is your cruise paid for with your hard earned money so make it last and get all you can out of it.

I enjoy the marriage game, or whatever they call it. Like the Newlywed game. It has always been hysterical when I have been there. Usually more fun than the comedy club IMO.

Marriage is a bit of a game, at least the 33 years I've been at it. You pay attention and participate, you usually win. That's been my experience. :)

Archived