Looking for N.A. Cabana Club dinner under the stars menu

Wait a minute. . .What about the people who've paid for those cabanas? It's my understanding that if someone purchases a cabana for the duration of the cruise, it belongs to them. The service, however, is only available on sea days from 8 to 5. Rest of the time the person(s) who rented it have use of it. At least that's what we were told when we rented.

Anyone here ever experience anything else?

Wait a minute. . .What about the people who've paid for those cabanas? It's my understanding that if someone purchases a cabana for the duration of the cruise, it belongs to them. The service, however, is only available on sea days from 8 to 5. Rest of the time the person(s) who rented it have use of it. At least that's what we were told when we rented.

They have never kicked us out right at 5 PM, but I am sure if they had to get ready for an event they would.

My hopes is that if we do it, we will have our dinner in our cabana.

Some people eat outside, as per the photos on the HAL blog, but I saw some inside the cabanas set up for dinner.

I'm very interested in this for our 14 day sailing on the NA.

On Celebrity, the users have access till 9 PM, but they just have a couch and two chairs. I like HAL's cabanas so much more.

I think that seperate from this dinner that HAL should offer a special cabana dinner menu on certain nights to those who have booked a Cabana. Kind of like Princess's ultimate balcony dinner.

A good way for more revenue! We would do it.

Edited by surfergirle

On our cruise in February, they had a Valentines Theme Cabana Club Dinner and charged $129 per person. They had tables set up in each of the cabanas for one couple. Not sure if this price was high because it was for Valentine's Day.

Very romantic!

On our cruise in February, they had a Valentines Theme Cabana Club Dinner and charged $129 per person. They had tables set up in each of the cabanas for one couple. Not sure if this price was high because it was for Valentine's Day.

Very romantic!

I also remember it being around this price. I'm almost sure it was over $87.

It sure didn't look like you could go in there earlier/later. I was NOT impressed that we got booted out of there at 3:30pm on the day of the dinner. That should have been pointed out before payment and it wasn't.

It sure didn't look like you could go in there earlier/later. I was NOT impressed that we got booted out of there at 3:30pm on the day of the dinner. That should have been pointed out before payment and it wasn't.

Ok, that makes me LIVID for you. How rude! What day was it on?

That is completely unacceptable.

That needs to be disclosed before booking.

Its like BTW....now that we have your money...

I will be LIVID if they pull this again. That better not be a sea day!

Was it in San Juan? That is just as bad if so.

I am a FIRM believer that you should get what you pay for. That your expectations should be based on what you pay. For our upcoming cruise our cabana was $800 for just one for 14 days. If they even try doing that I will tell them to go get the bar manager right away. I am usually too nice, but won't be if this happens.

Edited by surfergirle

We did it in December on the NA and thought it was way over the top with the food and drink they serve, but in a good way. We started out with Rum drinks and apps, then martini's with more apps, then on to the main course after 2 or 3 more apps with wine pairings each. There was about 7-9 courses of food with wine or booze of some sort. At the end there was live music in the center of the cabana. It was awesome, but cut short by the wind as we left San Juan that night. The stars and lights of San Juan were awesome, and a fun evening. It cost $120 per person, but very different and fun. All 3 of the specialty restaurants as well as the MDR sent some of their favorite dishes for this event.

Sign up for it in the Pinnacle Grill. Just like the Master Chef dinner in the special room at the Pinnacle you should signup right when you board to ensure a seat. Ours was full and it sounded like there was 1 party of 8 in one of the family cabanas.

That is completely unacceptable.

That needs to be disclosed before booking.

Its like BTW....now that we have your money...

I will be LIVID if they pull this again. That better not be a sea day!

Was it in San Juan? That is just as bad if so.

I am a FIRM believer that you should get what you pay for. That your expectations should be based on what you pay. For our upcoming cruise our cabana was $800 for just one for 14 days. If they even try doing that I will tell them to go get the bar manager right away. I am usually too nice, but won't be if this happens.

I wish I could remember which night the dinner was on. I don't think it was the San Juan night. I was sorta cloudy and windy that night and I was hoping they wouldn't be able to do it. They did go ahead with it. It's just dirty on HAL's part not to disclose it. I guess you must be doing the family cabana for that price? The regular cabana's are nice but the family on is a step up from that.

I wish I could remember which night the dinner was on. I don't think it was the San Juan night. I was sorta cloudy and windy that night and I was hoping they wouldn't be able to do it. They did go ahead with it. It's just dirty on HAL's part not to disclose it. I guess you must be doing the family cabana for that price? The regular cabana's are nice but the family on is a step up from that.

Yes we are. We had it this last year on our family wedding cruise. It's hard to go back. We have the option to change to a standard, if we decide to do the Lido again too, so we might do that instead as it is the same price for both.

We will be on 14 days, and with our history, the retreat will be closed a lot due to weather, so the Lido will give us another space. Plan for the worst hope for the best. :)

Yes we are. We had it this last year on our family wedding cruise. It's hard to go back. We have the option to change to a standard, if we decide to do the Lido again too, so we might do that instead as it is the same price for both.

We will be on 14 days, and with our history, the retreat will be closed a lot due to weather, so the Lido will give us another space. Plan for the worst hope for the best. :)

I would for sure keep the family cabana if it works ok for you. So nice! I never thought I'd be a fan of that area but I do love it!

Surfergirle, when I'm on the ship I do a write up of the things I do daily or my experience on the ship and send it to my mom and sister. They enjoy it so I like to do it. I found my write up for Nov.29/12. That was the day of the Cabana dinner. It was a Thursday and we were in Grand Cayman. The price was $129 per person as has been previously posted.

On our Feb 16th Eastern Caribbean cruise we had luch in the Pinnacle and were quote unquote sold on the Cabana Club dinner for the next night in San Juan for $129. Sadly when we sailed in port there was rain and it was fairly windy so they cancelled it. Even more sadly it cleared up at noon and was a fabulous afternoon and evening. We all thought they jumped the gun in cancelling and were very dissapointed. :(

We are extremely upset that HAL would give us incorrect information. To say that we have use of the cabana 24/7 when that is obviously not the case is deceptive advertising at the very least. Since this is an annivesary cruise, we're disappointed.

That's interesting. I never got that impression. They should not be saying that. The cabanas have a tent like covering and they are tied up after hours. I think you "could" get in there but I'd feel uncomfortable. HAL should not be so shady on the info. That said, it could be poor training of employees.

Surfergirle, when I'm on the ship I do a write up of the things I do daily or my experience on the ship and send it to my mom and sister. They enjoy it so I like to do it. I found my write up for Nov.29/12. That was the day of the Cabana dinner. It was a Thursday and we were in Grand Cayman. The price was $129 per person as has been previously posted.

Thanks so very much for checking! :)