Carnival cancels 10 more Triumph cruises, extends Sunshine drydock

dizlove

Carnival cancels 10 more Triumph cruises, extends Sunshine drydock

"Carnival Cruise Lines announced Tuesday it’s canceling 10 more sailings for its Carnival Triumph ship, which was pulled from service last month after an engine room fire knocked out its propulsion and power, stranding passengers and crew for days at sea.

It will also extend the dry-dock and renovation period now in progress for Carnival Sunshine in Italy"

Did you not see the post from yesterday already announcing this?

:rolleyes:

LOL I think it's great Carnival is taking the extra time to take care of EVERYTHING and not just the bare minimum to get the ships sailing and "work on the rest in between and on cruises".

LOL I think it's great Carnival is taking the extra time to take care of EVERYTHING...

What would've been great is if Carnival had done things right from the beginning, instead of trying to "fix it" AFTER they were caught with their pants down:rolleyes:.

LOL I think it's great Carnival is taking the extra time to take care of EVERYTHING and not just the bare minimum to get the ships sailing and "work on the rest in between and on cruises".

I take it you're not booked on any of those cancelled sailings. :rolleyes:

We booked a while ago and were hoping for them to have a few cruises under their belt before we got on this troubled boat. Now it seems we will be on the first cruise post dry dock and i am nervous. Is this a bad thing to go first? some say it is great since will be like new. I am mostly concerned about unfinished work that will continue during cruise and just typical kinks with starting back operations after taking time off.

Never been on a cruise so not sure what to expect, but based on recent reviews, we know not to expect too much.

Thanks

We booked a while ago and were hoping for them to have a few cruises under their belt before we got on this troubled boat. Now it seems we will be on the first cruise post dry dock and i am nervous. Is this a bad thing to go first? some say it is great since will be like new. I am mostly concerned about unfinished work that will continue during cruise and just typical kinks with starting back operations after taking time off.

Never been on a cruise so not sure what to expect, but based on recent reviews, we know not to expect too much.

Thanks

Congrats on your first post at CC! I would hope that any first cruiser would go into their cruise with a psoitive outlook, having a somewhat negative one will only lead downwards (IMHO). Look at that you will be the first on a brand new (albeit) redone ship and you will aprticipate in something new (both ship, cruising and oh by the way grat cruise in the Med). Just an opinion. Enjoy it, and let us know your thoughts when you return.

Archived