Kon Tiki Party Boat

• 1 month later...

:)

Have never been on it but friends of our went on the Kon Tiki and loved it. They watched how much rum they poured into their drinks so they didn't get drunk. But we have seen a lot of people come back to the ship really drunk.

I think it was last year when a woman passenger from an RCI ship was so drunk she fell off her verandah and died.

:)

Hi:) Oh this is funny...I just asked about the Kon Tiki over on the HAL board....

So...it is like the "Fiesta Party Boat" in Cozumel then?

I went on that one...I got a slight buzz....but didn't choose to drink too much...

You can drink as much or as little as you want. I had a really good time:)

Lois R .... Certainly, there are other things people will tell you to do in St.Thomas (can't totally disagree) :D BUT ... JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT ... The KON-TIKI Party Boat is just about having fun! :D

The best thing is ... KON-TIKI doesn't claim to be anything EXCEPT a Party Boat! :D

Happy Sailing! OCruisers! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We went on the Kon Tiki about 4 years ago. Like everyone is saying, it truely is a party boat. I don't drink much and kept wondering why my husband was volunteering to get my drinks for me. After a couple he told me that he was pouring additional rum in my drinks. There were kids on the excursion but there were also some college kids that were having fun. Everyone was well behaved. We had so much fun that we bought t-shirts that said "I survived the Kon Tiki"

Becky

If your idea of fun is drinking lots of rum for a few hours then take the Kon Tiki cruise......other then that it is a waste of time...................you can take it from me first hand........I LIVE in St thomas..........The cruise offers nothing else!

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see .. so the 3-hour Kon Tiki Party Raft is a waste of time. Gently cruising through the beautiful, calm waters of the Charlotte Amalie harbor while sipping a tropical drink; listening to live Calypso music played by a native steel band; passing slowly over fascinating coral reefs where one can peer through one of six glass bottom windows at the beautiful sea below; seeing a variety of sponges, corals, reef fish and lots of other tropical fish; stopping at a beautiful palm-fringed beach with white sand and sparkling turquoise water for at least one hour to snorkel, swim, sunbathe and beachcomb; cruising back home with plenty of barefoot dancing, games, limbo contest and prizes to be won; and, oh yes, they'll be some unlimited rum punch aboard for those so singly-focused. Yep .. this little excursion offers nothing at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CaribbeanCrazy: I sent Cruiseship Excursions (CSX) an email back in July about booking it ourselves directly when in St. Thomas on our 10/30 sailing on the Voyager.

This is what I received back from Billy Crawford of CSX: "HELLO: Thank you for yr enquiry - if you are coming on a cruise ship then you will have to book directly on board because of our contractual commitments. If coming to STT and staying in a hotel we would be happy to take yr booking. kind regards, CSX"

So we went ahead and booked this excursion through Royal Caribbean. We have since found out that the RCI price is the same as one would pay if booking this excursion directly when in St. Thomas on a land holiday.

Their website where you can read about the Kon Tiki Party Raft is:

http://cruiseshipexcursions.net/kont.html

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

my husband and I went on the Kon Tiki last year and had such a good time that we have reserved it for our cruise this year that we are taking with friends. They were a bit skeptical like some other people on these boards about the "party boat" thing - but we convinced them and I just know that by the time we get off the boat they will wish were could go back again!! :) It was so relaxing - as a matter of fact, I think I posted somewhere else on these boards that my husband didnt make it to our first formal night last year, took a short (all night!!) nap instead:) but I didnt care I went to dinner and knew that he had had a great time during the day!! I am just happy to be in the Carribean knowing that my friends and family are freezing in the snow at home in New England!! :) :)

When we went through RCCL there were two times to choose from, this time we are on Princess and they only offered one time for this excursion. They had the rum punch for free, and if memory serves me correctly they had some of the local beer available as well. When we went onshore, they brought coolers with us on the beach. The beach was nice, nothing much to do, really noone else there. The music kept playing which was nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:cool: WE WENT ON IT WITH ANOTHER COUPLE. WE ARE ALL IN OUR MIDDLE 40'S AND USUALLY DO NOT DRINK. IT WAS A BLAST. THE GUYS WE INTO THE CONGA LINE AND EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME. THE BEACH WAS NICE AND THERE WAS A FEW SHOPS SET UP TO PURCHASE THINGS. THE DRINKS KEEP FLOWING ON THE KON TIKI SO IF YOU WANTED MORE YOU JUST GOT SOME. WHILE THERE IS NO STORAGE FOR PERSONAL ITEMS MOST JUST BROUGHT OVERSIZED BAGS WITH THEIR STUFF IN IT AND PLACED IT NEAR THEIR FEET. HAVE FUN IT WAS GREAT AND I WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT.

• 1 month later...

We have booked the "Party Boat" for Mar.8 through Royal Caribbean. I was in St. Thomas 12 years ago and did not know about the Kon Tiki excursion. While walking back to our ship in the afternoon I heard laughing and singing etc. coming from the water; looked over and saw this decrepit looking thing loaded with people having a blast. I decided then and there if I ever get back to St. Thomas I'll be on it. Postachio's post earlier in this thread is on the money, those who have been on it had a ball. Some may not make it to dinner that night but that is one of the hazzards of having a great time. It is no wonder you must book this trip through the cruise line- it is your gaurantee of getting back on board your ship. Can't wait!

Archived