Royal Princess -- What Excites You?

editor@cruisecritic

Royal Princess: What new features are you most excited about?  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Royal Princess: What new features are you most excited about?

• Sea Walk
    • TV Studio
    • Bellini's, an Italian-themed bar
    • Princess Live! entertainment venue
    • New casual eateries in Horizon Buffet, such as a taqueria, rotisserie & Japanese hibachi grill
    • Pastry Shop
    • Adult-Only Retreat Pool
    • Couples massage villas
    • Other (explain below).

As you have seen the Regal Princess lucky you:)

I have booked a cruise on her in 2014.

Due to the fact there is not a wrap around promenade deck.Where can the older senior passengers, and there are many like me, have our usual couple of miles walk in the fresh air in a sheltered area on the new ships?

Sorry, but a thread "Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?" was started last January by dmwnc1959. Dave has put a tremendous amount of effort into what has become the go to thread for info on Royal Princess and for all of us to express our thoughts on what we are looking forward to and what excites us. :(

In my opinion, it is a bit disrespectful for the editorial staff at Cruise Critic to detract from Dave's effort by starting a thread that asks essentially the same question. Sorry, but I'll continue to share my thoughts on what excites or doesn't excite me on Dave's thread.

I don't think it's disrespectful. It is another way to express feelings about the Royal. I have been following Dave's thread. However, at times it really got off topic and had posters just chatting between each other. That is my reason for being happy to see another thread posted. I will continue to follow both.:)

Everything in the expanded Piazza particularly Alfredo's Pizzeria & the Gelateria.

I'm with Frank. It will be fun to see the expanded Piazza, etc.:)

Great question, Kruisey. I don't think there's a sheltered area for walking (will add to list of follow-up questions for Princess). There was a lot of talk about the running/walking track being massive but it's up top (and it's 1/6 of a mile!).

Carolyn

As you have seen the Regal Princess lucky you:)

I have booked a cruise on her in 2014.

Due to the fact there is not a wrap around promenade deck.Where can the older senior passengers, and there are many like me, have our usual couple of miles walk in the fresh air in a sheltered area on the new ships?

Shogun, I'm drawing a blank on the stand question -- think I was there alone so we probably didn't. But I did serve on quite a few panels, so got a chance to meet a lot of great Cruise Critic members....

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

Opps, was there for a few hours did CC have a stand or were you doing a talk,

yours Shogun

Hi, late last week we posted our slideshow on the tour of Royal Princess. We tried mostly to focus on what was new -- we only had a couple of hours (and that is one big ship to cover in a couple of hours). So we couldn't feature everything. But take a look....

Link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1496

Carolyn

Great question, Kruisey. I don't think there's a sheltered area for walking (will add to list of follow-up questions for Princess). There was a lot of talk about the running/walking track being massive but it's up top (and it's 1/6 of a mile!).

Carolyn

1/6 of a mile is not exactly massive. IMO, a disappointment. The wrap around Promenade Deck was around 1/3 of a mile. The tiny jogging track on the Diamond/Sapphire that was replaced by the Sanctuary was 1/10 of a mile. Jogging track on the newer Princess ships like Ruby, Crown, Emerald are an afterthought. Princess doesn't give much priority to such things, probably because there is little revenue benefit and not that many people utilize them.

Hi, late last week we posted our slideshow on the tour of Royal Princess. We tried mostly to focus on what was new -- we only had a couple of hours (and that is one big ship to cover in a couple of hours). So we couldn't feature everything. But take a look....

Link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1496

Carolyn

Travel section of USA Today also has a great slide show.

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2013/03/29/photo-tour-a-sneak-peek-at-the-new-royal-princess/2034557/

Thanks for sharing. Every bit of information I see on the Royal gets me more excited for October 9th.....:):):)

Bob

FWIW -- newest piece on the day at Monfalcone is a blog on what a float-out really means, exactly....

Carolyn

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2013/03/28/regal-princess-floats-out-with-a-little-help-from-cruise-critic/

Carolyn;

Just had a chance to read your article. Well written and I very much enjoyed the read.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for sharing. Every bit of information I see on the Royal gets me more excited for October 9th.....:):):)

Bob

Unfortunately, I am just the opposite. I need to stop looking at all the pictures and information, because I am getting burned out on Royal Princess. I watched my 9 year old daughter in a half mile race yesterday. She was out fast and in first place as they round the turn, but was soon walking and finished last. I had warned her to pace herself. Advice I need to start following for myself. I wish I was more like my wife who has looked at very few of the photos or followed very much of the news. I suspect her excitement will come when we start packing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for now, the immediate prospect of our new Godmother, the Duchess of Cambridge, trumps the other choices! But once the Southampton ceremonies are past I can focus again on my own countdown to embarkation and all those other goodies and features onboard Royal Princess! :D

Archived