Royal Princess -- What Excites You?

editor@cruisecritic

Royal Princess: What new features are you most excited about?  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Royal Princess: What new features are you most excited about?

• Sea Walk
    • TV Studio
    • Bellini's, an Italian-themed bar
    • Princess Live! entertainment venue
    • New casual eateries in Horizon Buffet, such as a taqueria, rotisserie & Japanese hibachi grill
    • Pastry Shop
    • Adult-Only Retreat Pool
    • Couples massage villas
    • Other (explain below).

I'm looking forward to the expanded Piazza and additional seating for the International Cafe, the expanded Horizon Court, the new station options in the buffet, and the ability to access the day's events and other information on my iPhone. I'm hoping to be able to make reservations via the intranet, including the Sanctuary. For Anytime diners, I hope they'll be able to see which restaurant has seating available or how long the waits are. Maybe I'm dreaming but those features would be nice.

and the ability to access the day's events and other information on my iPhone. I'm hoping to be able to make reservations via the intranet, including the Sanctuary. For Anytime diners, I hope they'll be able to see which restaurant has seating available or how long the waits are. Maybe I'm dreaming but those features would be nice.
I was just thinking today that I should have added the intranet features and on demand tv to my list of interests.

What would you add? :)

Carolyn

I think instead of just checking one, I would have checked them all! Well, except for the Couples massage villas. I travel solo, and spend a lot of time by myself. So no real use for the villas. Although I will splurge and use the Thermal Suite. :D

Couple Royal questions for those that may know.

1. Is the "retreat pool" the equivalent of the spa pool as on the ruby/crown/caribbean? or is this a pay to play area like the sanctuary?

2. Wondering if there's still a steamroom & sauna available for free use and if so is it in the new spa location on plaza deck 5 or in fitness area on sun deck 17 aft?

Answers appreciated as these are two of my favorite locations on the ruby/crown/caribbean ships (steam and spa pool). :D

Couple Royal questions for those that may know.

1. Is the "retreat pool" the equivalent of the spa pool as on the ruby/crown/caribbean? or is this a pay to play area like the sanctuary?

2. Wondering if there's still a steamroom & sauna available for free use and if so is it in the new spa location on plaza deck 5 or in fitness area on sun deck 17 aft?

Answers appreciated as these are two of my favorite locations on the ruby/crown/caribbean ships (steam and spa pool). :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36820565&postcount=239

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37614967&postcount=42

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36814312&postcount=230

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36814316&postcount=231

That poll only had two options! :rolleyes: I much prefer what cruise critic did for a poll. Dave didn't do a poll.

To : Carolyn Spencer Brown, Editor in Chief, Cruise Critic

We really like this poll and I hope others partake.

That poll wasn't even about the Royal Princess. It was about the things on the Grand Clones that will be missed and whether people like those things being left out or do not like that they are being left out. The thread is not informative about the ship at all and the poll was "leading", to say the least. I suppose they will miss the hard mattresses too (Royal has pillow top mattresses). ;)

It's great that people can cruise on the Grand Clones cruise after cruise. The Ruby is still my favorite ship (not sure I'll be making that statement after my Allure cruise in three weeks). But you have to think that Princess was losing many passengers to those who wanted to try other lines who were offering new products. This new class will have its fans, just as the Grand has its fans.

Hi, Shogun. We'll have staff at the christening preview but not on the maiden (I think we're going on the cruise after that). So we'll have plenty of coverage....

Carolyn

Hi All

For Cruise Critic

Assume you will have staff on maiden cruise of Royal can you confirm this.

yours Shogun

...and all I can say is wow! Even two months out you can really see the ship taking place and the buffet, expanded piazza, cabin tweaks, pool deck, all intriguing. Stay tuned -- hoping we can get the slideshow I wrote launched by tomorrow or, latest, Friday.

I really, really liked it. Hope you will too (and Shogun, not to worry, couldn't take photos of everything -- way too massive a ship! Just tried to focus on new stuff).

Carolyn

Hi, not sure that I posted a link to the news story we did about Royal Princess. It was a couple of days ago, but talked about the poll and gave thanks to Dmwnc1959 for his insights and great thread....

Carolyn

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5281

...and all I can say is wow! Even two months out you can really see the ship taking place and the buffet, expanded piazza, cabin tweaks, pool deck, all intriguing. Stay tuned -- hoping we can get the slideshow I wrote launched by tomorrow or, latest, Friday.

I really, really liked it. Hope you will too (and Shogun, not to worry, couldn't take photos of everything -- way too massive a ship! Just tried to focus on new stuff).

Carolyn

Looking forward to the upcoming Cruise Critic coverage and also congrats on being the madrina for Regal!

I'm glad they have the Deluxe Balcony cabins. We usually get a minisuite, but with Princess prices skyrocketing, we might not be able to afford a mini but definitely want a sofa to sit on (not on a bed) since we usually take long cruises.

FWIW -- newest piece on the day at Monfalcone is a blog on what a float-out really means, exactly....

Carolyn

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2013/03/28/regal-princess-floats-out-with-a-little-help-from-cruise-critic/

Hi Carolyn, now I know why you were not at the London Cruising show last weekend. Still, your colleagues were doing a great job chatting to myself and all the visitors to the show. We are very much looking foreward to being on the maiden Transatlantic in October. Best wishes Jack Rose (CRUISE4TWOI)

Carolyn, I'm glad you started this poll on the Royal. I'm really excited to go cruising on this brand new ship! I've always loved Princess deserts, so the new pastry shop should be fantastic with more choices. The expanded atrium is another plus, love hanging out there, so much to see and do (International Cafe, Alfredo's Pizzeria, shops and some good entertainment is always provided). The Sea Walk will be cool to.

Hi, Jack! Sorry to have missed you there. Hear it was a terrific show this year (first time I've missed in about five years). Will be there next year!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, now I know why you were not at the London Cruising show last weekend. Still, your colleagues were doing a great job chatting to myself and all the visitors to the show. We are very much looking foreward to being on the maiden Transatlantic in October. Best wishes Jack Rose (CRUISE4TWOI)

Archived