Celebrity Century Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer - anyone done it?

Ginnyfyr

Heck - I missed Hubbard Glacier in July. We were 9 miles away. Glacier Bay seems to be the one sure thing :)

AdventureBound - they informed us on the boat before we left. They made the best of the situation. Having done Endicott Arm via large ship and via small boat, it is definitely better on a small boat. Some of the best whale watching I have seen was on this trip (this was actually in Juneau near our ship before returning to the Adventure Bound dock).

Well, now there is a warning for this- diverting. They certainly knew ahead- the day before where they were going. :) If I ever go with them again- in May, I will definitely ask. At this point, I wouldn't consider Endicott. I'd fill my day with alternates.

• 3 years later...
I did not check this itinerary, and thought they were referring to an add on Tracy Arm? Now it comes out it is a round trip Juneau tour.

Big difference. In my opinion, the access and viewing is about time. I consider this, ship tour

time too short.

Allen Marine is the only vendor in Juneau with the ship contracts.

An independent with more time, would have to opportunity for more wildlife viewing.

Being so early in the season, I would do a walk up booking- pretty often available, with Adventure Bound, and get an answer IF they are accessing Tracy Arm- to the glaciers or not.

Is this true even in 2017, walk up booking with Adventure Bound? Where are they located at compared to where the cruiseships dock at?

Jimbo:)

Is this true even in 2017, walk up booking with Adventure Bound? Where are they located at compared to where the cruiseships dock at?

Jimbo:)

I heard from someone that they are changing their office this year as their current office is now a new cruise ship pier. They didn't know where their office was a few months ago.

Well, now there is a warning for this- diverting. They certainly knew ahead- the day before where they were going. :) If I ever go with them again- in May, I will definitely ask. At this point, I wouldn't consider Endicott. I'd fill my day with alternates.

It turned out to be a great day. Show Ford's Terror, saw a ton of orcas and humpbacks (best whale watching I have ever had), got pretty darn close to Dawes glacier. No regrets. This was better than the other tours I have done in Juneau.

You are right though - they knew where they were going that morning based on the previous day.

• 1 year later...

Hi All, I'm on the Celebrity Millennium, which is in Juneau June 3 2018 from 9AM-9PM. I emailed Adventure Bound to see if they would take us on the Tracy Arm trip and leave a bit later, but have not heard back in a week.

Is a roundtrip from Juneau to Tracy Arm even worth it? is it even possible on this cruise given the late arrival time? The ship isn't offering any Tracy Arm tours of its own.

It seems like June 3 is iffy if we will even get to the Tracy Arm fjords/glaciers.

I don't know if the Millennium goes through Tracy arm on the way down to Skagway, but I kind of doubt it.

I'm sure Adventure Bound will get back to me. Just wondering if this is even doable. Thanks very much!! Claire