Back from 36 day odyssey cruise

onetravelbug

Personally, I think getting and holding really good CDs is the one area where SB could use some improvement. They have let go two of the best in Eric de Gray and Russ Grieve. Let's hope the same doesn't happen with David and Jan. I think the CDs on the larger ships could learn a thing or two from those on the triplets.

wripro

I agree as to the CDs on the larger Seabourn ships.....I've sailed on all three and was not impressed with any of the CDs or the Assn.'s. A few were silly....and pardon me, but one was useless. I could have done a better job! :confused: These Cruise Directors and Assn's were simply inexperienced, probably overwhelmed....tired as well.

MB

Martita,

I think at the beginning with the Odyssey they changed the functions of the CDs to be more administrative than entertainers and focused on bringing aboard supposedly more professional entertainers and guest entertainers. This sort of works but the CDs themselves did not seem to connect with the passengers in the same way. jmo.

wripro

On one of the larger ship sailing the Cruise Director was helping the Captain with the Sunday morning service. He (I guess) thought we'd enjoy his playing the piano along with singing....I was hoping for "Abide With Me" or another Sunday morning hymn ~~but instead he started playing and singing a song he had written for his Grandmother!!!:eek: :confused: :cool: Needless to say, I certainly did not like his song nor thought it had absolutely anything to do with our Sunday service!

I can post of other CD boo boo's I've noticed, but I won't bore you!;)

Only one reason I still sail the Baby Sister ships.....I like the CD's and their bright, eager, fun Assn's.

MB

Martita,

I think at the beginning with the Odyssey they changed the functions of the CDs to be more administrative than entertainers and focused on bringing aboard supposedly more professional entertainers and guest entertainers. This sort of works but the CDs themselves did not seem to connect with the passengers in the same way. jmo.

Yes Henry,the Cd's were employed to cruise direct and not be performers,it does work on the larger ships and it is totally different from the small ships which we will come to miss.

John Barron is a very good CD who also has a great voice.

Barry Hopkins was also very good but has retired due to ill health and Handre is a very nice and caring CD.

I like David E Greene and hope to see him on the larger ships.

Archived