Beyond The Podium

Orator

At one time Celebrity released the names and topics of the Beyond the Podium Speakers on board each ship. This was discontinued a few years ago. Two people in key positions told me they could get a list of speakers for the Reflection TA, but success at this writing. If they can't get the list,no one can! I told one, who is stationed in the Miami Office, that I believe publication of the list might convince some to book a specific cruise. I've be able to hear a good variety of speakers and topics, especially on TA's. I like to know the topics in advance so that I might do some background reading. I know others do the same. I understand that there could always be last minute cancellations and substitutions, but even an "unofficial" list could be helpful. Celebrity, consider releasing the list.

On their website, Cunard publishes the names of speakers on their ships for your particular cruise. Sometimes we even receive mailings about who is talking on particular sailings. I suppose if Celebrity desired to do so, they could. We have always had excellent lecturers in the Beyond the Podium program. No complaints there.

Do we know that the decision to discontinue making the schedule available was Celebrity's ? Or Smithsonian's? The actual Beyond the Podium speakers are vetted and hired by Smithsonian, and perhaps they are they ones who aren't making the schedule available in advance.

Do we know that the decision to discontinue making the schedule available was Celebrity's ? Or Smithsonian's? The actual Beyond the Podium speakers are vetted and hired by Smithsonian, and perhaps they are they ones who aren't making the schedule available in advance.

Could very well be the case for Smithsonian speakers,but on TA's there are usually three speakers and just one is part of the Smithsonian Series. I would think that even in the case of the Smithsonian Speaker Celebrity would know the name and topic at least a month prior to the cruise. I called Captain's Club for the April 20th Reflection and they said they didn't know the names. They must have experienced some problems when they did release the names and that might be why they no longer release the list.

Archived