!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thank you for all the time you have invested to give us such a detailed report. I am loving it and tuned in to see if you had written anymore today. What a treat. Your mom is so lucky to have you surprise her with the Dolphin adventure even if it is something you are not interested in. Enjoy the time you have with her although I don't have to tell you that you already are sharing special moments with her.

Any plans to do Mediterranean Cruise? I would love to follow your detailed info for that.

Looking forward to the rest!

Happy Birthday Gambee!!!! Today is my brother’s birthday too! I’ll have a piece of cake in your honour!

The “butt” scene of the guy at the dolphin swim reminds me of our Dolphin swim in Santa Maria, Cuba. This poor women’s bikini bottoms kept coming off. She was so embarrassed. I thinks this happens all the time.

Yeah that was my thought, but it was still a little funny :D

Thank you for all the time you have invested to give us such a detailed report. I am loving it and tuned in to see if you had written anymore today. What a treat. Your mom is so lucky to have you surprise her with the Dolphin adventure even if it is something you are not interested in. Enjoy the time you have with her although I don't have to tell you that you already are sharing special moments with her.

Any plans to do Mediterranean Cruise? I would love to follow your detailed info for that.

Looking forward to the rest!

thank you for the comment :)

Not yet, possibly in the future, maybe 2015. I am thinking Royal Princess and Quantum for 2014.

Thank you for following ;)

That gorillapod is actually made for the compact system,(heavier cameras like my NEX) but it serves perfectly for my point and shoot camera. That device is easily the best purchase that I have made for my camera. It simply rocks!!!! sturdy as hell and so easy to set up and wrap about just about anything you see. Now that I have it, I could not imagine traveling without it. As long as your camera has a tripod screw (universal) it will work, they only thing is that you have to buy the more sturdy one for heavier cameras. Mine is called the hybrid and cost $40, it is well worth the price. Incredible item, you wont regret buying it.

Thanks for the info gambee!! I think I am going to get one. Did you order it online or buy from a local camera store/outlet?

By the way I never asked you, what kind of photography do you do?

But yeah the NEX system is great for traveling, I absolutely love it.

Thank you for following =)

Mainly weddings and engagements, but family and newborn photos as well. :) Not to hijack your thread- you can check out sometime at your leisure meganlovephotography.com. I wish there were places on CC to send private messages so I do not have to take over your board!

Thanks for your thorough review-- it is fun seeing a different perspective of the ship! :)

Hi

Really awesome of you to take the time to post your thoughts and photos. Most helpful to someone who has not sailed Celebrity since the ZENITH in 1996!.....I am wondering if BLU has windows overlooking the sea or is it closed in with no views....thanks.

Deck Chair

I'm dropping in on this thread... ;) I ran into Gambee on our cruise at the MB and his camera size is so perfect that I am probably going to pick one up myself for our Mediterranean Cruise. I am a professional photographer and made the mistake of bringing my DSLR plus multiple lenses & gear on our Mexican cruise last summer. While the pictures turned out to be stunning, I had to lug them around with me EVERYWHERE because I was too paranoid about losing them or them getting stolen. As much as I would love to have the camera on my upcoming cruise to Europe, I just can't see myself bringing it with me everywhere and instead want to invest in a solid point and shoot. I didn't bring ANY camera with me except my iPhone for our Caribbean cruise last week, but the iPhone 5 seriously has an amazing camera on it that worked perfectly! (Minus no zoom.)

Anyway, all this to say that DSLRs aren't necessarily the way to go when traveling. I will definitely be following your recommendations to get a solid point and shoot for traveling. I'm on vacation, after all!

You should look at the Sony rx-100. It has a 1 in sensor and Zeiss lens. There is nothing to compete with it. I am tired of carrying camera equipment. The video is astonishing!

Bob

Happy Birthday Gambee!!! :):)

Thank you :)

Thanks for the info gambee!! I think I am going to get one. Did you order it online or buy from a local camera store/outlet?

I am an Amazon guy. The funny thing is that I was waiting for the price to drop when it was at $29 and then it went up to $40 and never came down again. I had to buy at 40 a few days before the trip

Hi

Really awesome of you to take the time to post your thoughts and photos. Most helpful to someone who has not sailed Celebrity since the ZENITH in 1996!.....I am wondering if BLU has windows overlooking the sea or is it closed in with no views....thanks.

Deck Chair

They definitely have tables with views:)

I just stumble on this review, and loving every detail of it. Although i've never cruised on Celebrity, I'm very envious of this review. Now I'm looking on Celebrity itinerary.

Great review. Keep it coming. Will be reading your Allure next.

Mainly weddings and engagements, but family and newborn photos as well. :) Not to hijack your thread- you can check out sometime at your leisure meganlovephotography.com. I wish there were places on CC to send private messages so I do not have to take over your board!

Thanks for your thorough review-- it is fun seeing a different perspective of the ship! :)

Cool I will look at it when I get home. I will probably hit u by email with a few questions. :).

WOW !!! Great photos and liked reading your review :)

Glad you found me. Thank you.

Hi

Deck Chair

Yes with very nice windows. I have pictures later on, I think on day 6. :)

You should look at the Sony rx-100. It has a 1 in sensor and Zeiss lens. There is nothing to compete with it. I am tired of carrying camera equipment. The video is astonishing!

Bob

OMG, that camera is a little monster and the size!!!

I just stumble on this review, and loving every detail of it. Although i've never cruised on Celebrity, I'm very envious of this review. Now I'm looking on Celebrity itinerary.

Great review. Keep it coming. Will be reading your Allure next.

Thanks for following :), glad you like the review.

But this time I came prepared :D

DSC02908_zps89a146a9.jpg

By the way, we left those pills in the table. Can you believe that mom would spend the entire day asking around for the pills. But no go, I had resigned myself to not eat any more cheese for the rest of cruise. :(

This are the only pics I took from the bar inside the Buffet, unfortunately they came out blurry. But I rather post them than not have the picture at all.

DSC02909_zps78edde28.jpg

DSC02910_zps1385b2f6.jpg

Ok folks that's it for this set, I will start working on the next set and post it when its ready. I think this is the longest set I have ever posted :)

I have the same problem the last 15 yrs, not fun when you love cheese.

On some ships you can pick up the pills at gift shops or the nurse station.

Have a great Birthday!

Joanne

O - M - G!!! Here it's your birthday and you're giving us presents? You totally set us up for the biggest laugh with the picture of that poor fellow at Dolphinarus. How very nice of you to be so protective of his identity, so not to embarrass him. And also to take your time on a workday to help out Bugsy with his camera woes, well, we'll just have to start calling you "Super Gambee!

Have a wonderful birthday. I don't make myself martinis at home, (don't have any bleu cheese-stuffed olives anyway) so I'll have to hoist a frosty little RumChata in your honor!

Gambee almost always skips dessert at buffet, that's the only way I maintain my not so slender physique :D

DSC02894_zps76bb136c.jpg

DSC02895_zpsc217cab3.jpg

DSC02896_zps19775f9f.jpg

DSC02897_zps320ea5e1.jpg

This can not be expressed in writing. There is just no way . I want one of each. What is that red and green stuff in the little glasses? Please don't tell me it was jello. :eek:

On a side note. Those little desserts actually look better than they taste. I tried so many on our last cruise....they all began tasting the same. I really should limit myself.

Enjoying your wonderful review in preparation for my first Celebrity cruise in May. I have questions about the Cafe Al Baccio chocolates I have read about. One person said they were discontinued, another said that they are located at the top of the counter (and free).

Did you see them? In particular, I am wondering if they have dark chocolate (my addiction).

Thanks so much. I am only on page 15 so I hope this is not answered later but I was afraid I would forget my question if I went too much further than the mention of the Cafe.

Not yet, possibly in the future, maybe 2015. I am thinking Royal Princess and Quantum for 2014.

Great choices! I cannot wait to find out more about the Quantum class, I hear we might get more info on the 16th!

Happy Birthday Gambee! Sorry you have to work on it. :(

I wish I had just a little of your talent for taking photographs, yours are just outstanding!

Enjoy your cruise on NCL's Breakaway. I've yet to cruise to Bermuda so I'm looking forward to reading your future review on that trip too.

Enjoying all your detailed information and awesome pictures. I have to say the kids club areas look pretty dull. I expected something a little bit better. The padded chairs on the pool decks and the outside dining at the aft section look great. Oh and that beach area in Cozumel....now that is joke! Thankfully you and Mom enjoyed the day with the dolphin encounter.

thank you for the comment :)

Thank you for following ;)

Those two ships are my exact same choices after the Breakaway. Lucky me if you go before me and then I get to see your amazing photography on those ships!:D