Hotels in Barcelona

Been to Barcelona before but trying to find a less expensive hotel for one night stay before the TA cruise in November. I can't remember which hotels are closer to the port but still not that far from Ramblas, Placa Catalunya, also.

Anyone familiar with a good hotel and not too pricey? Stayed at H1898 last time but it was around 168 Euro per night and would like to stay around 90Euro this time.

Nadine

Been to Barcelona before but trying to find a less expensive hotel for one night stay before the TA cruise in November. I can't remember which hotels are closer to the port but still not that far from Ramblas, Placa Catalunya, also.

Anyone familiar with a good hotel and not too pricey? Stayed at H1898 last time but it was around 168 Euro per night and would like to stay around 90Euro this time.

Nadine

It won't be difficult to find a hotel cheaper than 1898 :D. There are hundreds to choose from.

Have a look at my hotel list (link in my signature) to get an idea.

Try looking at hotels labelled as being near 'Drassanes' or 'Parallel Metro'

What date are you there? How many in your party? What is your budget?

would appreciate feedback (from Carol) or anyone who has stayed at:

1 Eurostars Las Ramblas; 2. Hotel Barcelona Catedral; 3. Hotel Jazz

are 3 hotels 'comparable', i.e., in good location? safe? would appreciate hearing positives- negatives of each.

thanks!

would appreciate feedback (from Carol) or anyone who has stayed at:

1 Eurostars Las Ramblas; 2. Hotel Barcelona Catedral; 3. Hotel Jazz

are 3 hotels 'comparable', i.e., in good location? safe? would appreciate hearing positives- negatives of each.

thanks!

Hotel Eurostars Ramblas – On the lower end of Las Ramblas about half a mile from La Boqueria market. 2 minutes from metro. I have not personally stayed there but some people have commented that there was a lack of storage space for clothes.

Hotel Barcelona Catedral – In the Gothic Quarter close to the cathedral. 5 minutes from Las Ramblas. 5 minutes from metro. The hotel restaurant (4 Capellans) not open in the evening.

Hotel Jazz – 2 minutes from Plaça Catalunya. 5 minutes from Las Ramblas. 100 yards from the metro. This hotel is very popular here on CC

All three of these hotels are in a safe, central location. The cheapest is the Eurostars, the most expensive Barcelona Catedral.

I suggest you look at the prices and reviews on Trip Advisor to see which suits you best.

You mentioned elsewhere that you may be interested in a hotel near the ‘seaside promenade'. For this have a look at my hotel list (link in my signature) and look for hotels in Barceloneta.

thanks, Carol, for ALL of your helpful info.

anyone stayed recently at Hotel Jazz?

anyone stayed recently at Hotel Barcelona Catedral?

anyone stayed recently at Eurostars Ramblas?

have read TA (and other..) reviews - would appreciate hearing cc members' comments, positive and negative - thanks!

Don't know if you have booked, but I just came back from the Novotel City, which is near Glories metro station. I booked the rate that included the breakfast.

I also considered the Colon Hotel opposite the Cathedral. Really good central location just off Las Ramblas.

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Acta Atrium Palace. Would its location be ok for 3 to 4 days pre cruise. Thanks for any information...

This 4 star hotel, although not right in the centre, is about 5 minutes walk from Plaça Catalunya (which is considered the centre of the city) and about 10 minutes from Las Ramblas.

It is less than 1/4 mile from Passeig de Gràcia metro station which is on 3 metro lines.

In addition they have special deals for cruisers

Carol, I am hoping you can help me. I saw on the H10 Hotel website that they are opening a new hotel in Barcelona called H10 Urquinaona. It says it is located on Plaça Urquinaona. Is this a good area. Also do you know if this is a brand new hotel or are they taking over an existing hotel.

All I know is that the H10 group are opening two new hotels in Barcelona this year. One is in Port Vell and the other, as you say, is in Plaça Urquinaona.

I believe the Urquinaona is a new hotel (opening in July), not in a new building but in a converted older building.

There is another hotel called Hotel Urquinaona which is 1 star and does not have very good ratings. This is going to be very confusng when the new H10 opens. I am surprised, although this new hotel is in Plaça Urquinaona, that they chose this name :confused:

Plaça Urquinaona is about 5 minutes walk from Plaça Catalunya and 8-10 minutes from Las Ramblas. There is a nearby metro station which is on lines L1 and L4.

Until the hotel opens this summer I cannot give much more information.

If a B&B works for you, Marina View is about 3 blocks from the Columbus statue. Easy walk to the foot of La Rambla and the port shuttle bus

http://www.marinaviewbcn.com/

Thanks Scott

We are big B&B fans. Checked out the website and reviews. Looks great for us. Sent them a reservation request. Thanks again for the suggestion.

We are hoping to try a B&B when we go to Barcelona next year. We did see the Marina View and liked it. Does anyone know if these B&B's are close to Las Ramblas and still a short ride to the port?

The 5 Rooms

Bonic B&B

Blanc Guesthouse

Or if none of these fit - can you recommend other B&B's?

Thanks!

Jennifer

thanks, Carol, for ALL of your helpful info.

anyone stayed recently at Hotel Jazz?

anyone stayed recently at Hotel Barcelona Catedral?

anyone stayed recently at Eurostars Ramblas?

have read TA (and other..) reviews - would appreciate hearing cc members' comments, positive and negative - thanks!

I stayed at Jazz a few years ago, very modern; liked it; close to the center; get prices directly through hotel

Archived