Any advice would be appreciated!

kgj1970

I am in the process of planning an anniversary cruise for myself and my husband in November. We already have a family trip planned on The Dream in June. That will be my 4th trip out of Port Canaveral (which I Love!!) and my husband's 3rd.

I wanted to try something different this time. I would really love to go on The Breeze, but the 8 day itinerary is out right now because of work (Dang jobs!! lol :p). That leaves The Liberty out of Miami- 7 day Eastern and The Conquest out of NOLA- 7 day Eastern. I know NOTHING about either of these ships or ports. Both itineraries have several ports that we have not been to and would like to visit.

I would love to hear from some of you who have experienced these ports and Ships. Thank you in advance!

Don't know how you feel about the Legend out of Tampa but our November 17th sailing has some awesome rates (it goes to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman). :p

Tampa would be fine, but we have to sail the week of November 9th due to scheduling issues. Also, we have been to all of those ports except Grand Cayman. Thanks for chiming in though!

I am in the process of planning an anniversary cruise for myself and my husband in November. We already have a family trip planned on The Dream in June. That will be my 4th trip out of Port Canaveral (which I Love!!) and my husband's 3rd.

I wanted to try something different this time. I would really love to go on The Breeze, but the 8 day itinerary is out right now because of work (Dang jobs!! lol :p). That leaves The Liberty out of Miami- 7 day Eastern and The Conquest out of NOLA- 7 day Eastern. I know NOTHING about either of these ships or ports. Both itineraries have several ports that we have not been to and would like to visit.

I would love to hear from some of you who have experienced these ports and Ships. Thank you in advance!

The Conquest and Liberty are both Conquest Class ships and have the same general layout with different themes. With the ships being equal, I'd base it on which ports or maybe even who had the cheaper airfare.

You'd fall in love with New Orleans! If you can plan to stay there about 2 days to see all the French Quarter, Garden District, River Walk etc.

Thanks FriedPickle! That's part of my decision making dilemma, lol! I have always wanted to go to New Orleans and have never been, but I don't think we will have time to fully enjoy it. I was thinking maybe we should go there when we have more time.

Conquest is the best!! Plus you get to explore New Orleans. Key West is very very nice!! Just got off this cruise in March, If you have any questions just let me know. Enjoy and Congrats!!

Thank you! The actual Conquest cruise that we are looking at for 11-9 is the Grand Turk, La Romana (Dominican Republic), Tortola, St. Thomas, and San Juan itinerary. I haven't been to any of those ports except St. Thomas and my husband hasn't been to any of them. I would love to see some new places! I have to admit that I am leaning toward The Conquest. It is slightly more expensive than The Liberty cruise, but I have always wanted to go to New Orleans. Plus, the drive to Miami is about 12 hrs and the drive to New Orleans is about 10 hrs. Both long, but my husband and I enjoy road trips and we don't really want to pay the extra money to fly.

I have never used any port for cruises except Port Canaveral, so I can't speak from experience. But, I have always heard that PC is the best port to cruise from. Is NOLA well-run? Is parking a hassle? Can you recommend any hotels in the area where we could stay the night before the cruise?

The Conquest and Liberty are both Conquest Class ships and have the same general layout with different themes. With the ships being equal, I'd base it on which ports or maybe even who had the cheaper airfare.

Thanks! Do you know which ship is newer or has most recently had updates?

We just sailed on the Liberty, it has the 2.0 upgrade, which includes

Guy's Burgers (fantastic), the Blue Iguana and the Red Frog Pub with

Carnival's own beer. Beautiful ship, great food and service. Don't know

about the Conquest, it's one we missed. Whichever you do, enjoy!!!

We just sailed on the Liberty, it has the 2.0 upgrade, which includes

Guy's Burgers (fantastic), the Blue Iguana and the Red Frog Pub with

Carnival's own beer. Beautiful ship, great food and service. Don't know

about the Conquest, it's one we missed. Whichever you do, enjoy!!!

Thanks! That is good to know!

If I had my choice, I would choose the Conquest. I've just heard so many great things. Planning on booking it for our next cruise. We are booked on the Splendor for our upcoming cruise. The Conquest has all the 2.0 upgrades also and just to be leaving from NOLA would be awesome.

The actual Conquest cruise that we are looking at for 11-9 is the Grand Turk, La Romana (Dominican Republic), Tortola, St. Thomas, and San Juan itinerary.... I would love to see some new places! I have to admit that I am leaning toward The Conquest.

...my husband and I enjoy road trips and we don't really want to pay the extra money to fly.

Are you aware that you'll need to fly from San Juan back to New Orleans? This is a one way, repositioning cruise. It sails from New Orleans to San Juan followed by another one way cruise from San Juan to Miami.

Are you aware that you'll need to fly from San Juan back to New Orleans? This is a one way, repositioning cruise. It sails from New Orleans to San Juan followed by another one way cruise from San Juan to Miami.

Yes, Tapi :(. Thank you! Unfortunately, I discovered that a couple of hours ago. I hate it too, because that is definitely out. I had all but decided to take that one too. Oh well, back to the drawing board. At least, we are still going on a cruise to somewhere from somewhere:p.

We are doing the Magic out of Galveston, Tx. They have 3 itineraries:

Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel

Key West, Nassau, and Freeport, Bahamas

Belize, Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Cozumel

Galveston, TX is a VERY long drive from South Carolina

Cruising New Orleans is wonderful! Cruising the river, meandering back and forth through the countryside for hours.

Maybe one day :rolleyes:. I would love to do it this time, but my husband works at a nuclear power plant and our anniversary falls during their annual fall outage. It is a stretch for us to go at all during that time, so taking the time it would take to do a repositioning cruise (like the one I was looking at) is out of the question.

Tgunn, Thanks for the info! I would love to sail on The Magic, but granyst is right. That is a LOOONG drive from SC!:eek: I actually thought about flying, but we are already taking our family of 6 on a cruise in June, so we have to keep the cost down for this trip. lol

Archived