Receiving Platinum OBC and we're only Gold

ellbelle

Just booked the Grand out of San Francisco and we will be receiving $150 OBC (according to our TA due to our Platinum status) although we are only Gold with three cruises and 31 cruise days. I looked at the Captain Circle section on Princess's web-site and the history is correct although it does not indicate what your status is (unlike HAL that shows your stars), so not sure if this was just a typo and she meant to say Gold.

I did not want to question it and get it taken away of course...perhaps OBC is called Platinum OBC????

Any ideas from experienced Princess cruisers?

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure what OBC you are talking about. Do you mean for the Future Cruise Credit? If so, it is not based on Captain's Circle status. The amount is dependent on the type cabin and the length of the cruise.

The Princess website should show your status.

If you go to My Princess, it shows PERSONAL PROFILE on the top right-hand side. It should have Name, Member, and CCN on three lines. After Member:, it should have your status - mine says "Member: Platinum".

It should also show your status on the top of the Cruise History page - immediately to the right of the "PRINCESS CRUISES CAPTAIN'S CIRCLE" header. Mine has three lines: "PLATINUM MEMBER", "Member Number [my number]", and "Welcome back, [my name]".

I have never received an onboard credit because of being Platinum. I receive onboard credits because of military status, Carnival shareholder status, Future Cruise Credit, and various promotions offered by Princess and by my travel agent. Some of them require past passenger status, but I don't know of any requiring Platinum status.

Your ta doesn't know what they're talking about... you most likely got whatever obc that Princess is offering on a promotional fare...

She's an experienced TA, but I think maybe multitasking while quoting may be the error in saying Platinum. Most likey promotional fair like you say.

NavyVeteran- thanks for the tip, I'm not as familiar with Princess's web-site and will go back and look at it again. I do want to get to the next level though!

Paul- Not FCC but will get one this next cruise as I know you get additional credit based on cabin type and length of cruise.

Thanks to all and have a nice Saturday!

The Princess website should show your status.

If you go to My Princess, it shows PERSONAL PROFILE on the top right-hand side. It should have Name, Member, and CCN on three lines. After Member:, it should have your status - mine says "Member: Platinum".

It should also show your status on the top of the Cruise History page - immediately to the right of the "PRINCESS CRUISES CAPTAIN'S CIRCLE" header. Mine has three lines: "PLATINUM MEMBER", "Member Number [my number]", and "Welcome back, [my name]".

I have never received an onboard credit because of being Platinum. I receive onboard credits because of military status, Carnival shareholder status, Future Cruise Credit, and various promotions offered by Princess and by my travel agent. Some of them require past passenger status, but I don't know of any requiring Platinum status.

Thanks for the information but I just looked at mine and evidently Princess is messed up right now or something.

After Member dh's use to say Gold...now it is blank.

On the history page just gives member number and welcome back. It use to say Gold there also.

Is this all due to the change that some are talking about to Medallion?

After Member dh's use to say Gold...now it is blank.

On the history page just gives member number and welcome back. It use to say Gold there also.

Is this all due to the change that some are talking about to Medallion?

Probably

The OBC has nothing to do with your status within the Captain's Circle. There have been many promos that have included OBC though and that's probably what it is.

Your TA has probably confused Princess with RCI's Crown & Anchor Society where you get a discount according to your C&A status level and sometimes OBCs. It's understandable to get mixed up when you're switching between companies with different clients.

Archived