Probably-odd question about OBC...

DMLyons

When we booked, we were told we had $300 OBC. I SWEAR, before I paid off the cruise, I could see the $300 OBC somewhere on the NCL dashboard. Now I can't find it anywhere in print. Have I just forgotten where it is, or is this a major flaw in NCL's system that it doesn't show it? Personally, I like having things like this in print, just in case there's some problem when we get aboard. Anyone have input or aid they can offer?

DML

it should be appearing on the email they sent you with your booking confirmation

No. Not on either of them. I swear I know I could see it somewhere, but now I can't see it anywhere. If we don't get that promised OBC, I will be supremely hacked.

DML

Did you receive a confirmation email when you booked? If so it should be listed below the "Remit Payments" address.

There is nothing like that in the email. On the PDFs... It looks like it was there initially and then disappeared. Time to go scream at NCL.

DML

Did you have any kind of price adjustment at any time after you booked? OBC's will disappear if you made any kind of change when the $300 was NOT being offered.

That's the only situation I can think of where you could have lost the $300. Otherwise, it should be on your account -- but I, too, would be nervous if it wasn't showing up. Make them confirm it and please let us know! ;)

When we booked, we were told we had $300 OBC. I SWEAR, before I paid off the cruise, I could see the $300 OBC somewhere on the NCL dashboard. Now I can't find it anywhere in print. Have I just forgotten where it is, or is this a major flaw in NCL's system that it doesn't show it? Personally, I like having things like this in print, just in case there's some problem when we get aboard. Anyone have input or aid they can offer?

DML

Maybe they recinded the offer since you are using your countdown clock to advertise for Carnival! :p

Did you have any kind of price adjustment at any time after you booked? OBC's will disappear if you made any kind of change when the $300 was NOT being offered.

That's the only situation I can think of where you could have lost the $300. Otherwise' date=' it should be on your account -- but I, too, would be nervous if it wasn't showing up. Make them confirm it and please let us know! ;)[/quote']

I had a $100.00 OBC go away when I signed up for my AARP discount. But since I saved over $1000.00 I didn't really mnd. ;)

DML

In MyNCL it would show up as "onboard spending" in the Vacation Summary. They are advertising the 9 month out suite OBC for $300, but when I went to book they are only showing the $75 for this week's promo as the OBC, so maybe they're dealing with a glitch of sorts?

I had a $100.00 OBC go away when I signed up for my AARP discount. But since I saved over $1000.00 I didn't really mnd. ;)

I LOVE NCL! They figured it out in about 5 minutes. It's still there, but when I changed over from the Penthouse to the DOS, they rolled it over into three $100 OBC credits under amenities instead of the usual OBC line on the sheet. He sent me a separate PDF that lists the amenities on it, so I can see the OBC they have for me on there and can print it out and take it with me.

DML

DML

Was the OBC from your TA or NCL?

If it was from your TA, then it may not appear on "View Cruise Summary"....that was what I was told by my TA once, when I could only view part of my OBC.

Was the OBC from your TA or NCL?

If it was from your TA, then it may not appear on "View Cruise Summary"....that was what I was told by my TA once, when I could only view part of my OBC.

NCL. I did it directly on the site. It was the move they made from the usual OBC to the amenities type that did it. The guy I talked to was a gem and cleared it up right away.

DML

That is awesome! :D

I always do the math! ;) (in your case, math isn't even necessary!! lol)

NCL. I did it directly on the site. It was the move they made from the usual OBC to the amenities type that did it. The guy I talked to was a gem and cleared it up right away.

DML

Good to hear! Just to be clear - the OBC was still there, just not showing?

Maybe they recinded the offer since you are using your countdown clock to advertise for Carnival! :p

It was the only cruise ship icon they had on the site I was using to make the counter. But it DOES say NCL Dawn on it. Shrug.

DML

Good to hear! Just to be clear - the OBC was still there' date=' just not showing?[/quote']

Precisely. It had moved to another menu that is not automatically emailed to you and is not visible on the dashboard at the site. Basically, they had switched it to the type of OBC you purchase on the Bon Voyage page instead of the promotional OBC you see on your dashboard.

DML

Precisely. It had moved to another menu that is not automatically emailed to you and is not visible on the dashboard at the site. Basically, they had switched it to the type of OBC you purchase on the Bon Voyage page instead of the promotional OBC you see on your dashboard.

DML

Glad all is well! Wishing you a wonderful cruise. Dawn is next on our list to book (2014 or 2015)! :)

They never do. This is always one of those things that you have to (and should, btw) request.

Thank you for telling me that. I was wondering what I missed along the way. :rolleyes:

I did ask Social Media if there was any chance they would add a pane for amenities to the desktop dashboard/vacation summary to let us view the paid-for items there. At least the ones we have purchased personally, so gift items don't have the surprise ruined. :p

DML

Archived