Boat To and Bus From Oia

Kenato

This is the link that I used and managed to book on:

https://www.facebook.com/Santoriniplanet/app_132896805841?ref=br_tf

As mentioned, neither VISA nor Dinners worked out for me....:mad:

Did u receive a confirmation of booking with day/hour ? Did u pay the 3 Euros commission ?

I'm still waiting for the booking form promised by aegeantraveller.gr ...................................................

Pls. everyone update if u had any success in booking the transfer, apart from Ha-pealady :) Thanks, Dani[ela]

Edited by dani negreanu

I received a reply from my email to SantoriniPlanet@gmail.com. It was from Gianiuca Chimenti:

No way to do from my website anymore, please visit http://www.aegeantraveller.gr

I went to the website and the the boat transfer link is right there with other sightseeing options. The boat trip to Oia is for 25 euros. I copied the following from the site.

Transfer to oia by speedboat
Daily

25 euros per adult

12.50 euros per child (6-12)

Special rates for groups

Transfer to Oia by Speedboat & return to Fira by bus Departure from the old port of Fira by speedboat to reach in only 12 minutes Ammoudi bay at the bottom of the picturesque and traditional village of Oia.
There the partner agency will do the transfer by bus from the small harbor until the tourist parking of the village.
The pickup point of the bus to reach the capital of Santorini, Fira, will be at same place.
In Oia you will have 1 – 2 – 3 or maximum 4 hours of free time, every hour after the arrival it is available a transfer by bus as well included in the ticket, from Oia to Fira.
In Fira the free time depends from the departure time of the last tender to return back on your cruise ship.

I completed an online request form and was told I would receive reservation instructions by email soon. Pay using Paypal and the site indicates you don't have to have a Pay pal account.

I received a reply from my email to SantoriniPlanet@gmail.com. It was from Gianiuca Chimenti:

No way to do from my website anymore, please visit www.aegeantraveller.gr

I completed an online request form and was told I would receive reservation instructions by email soon. Pay using Paypal and the site indicates you don't have to have a Pay pal account.

Well, while still waiting for the above "reservation instructions", I've received the following mail:

"If you are interested we can arrange to drop you off to our donkey terminal ...." NOOO, I'm not interested in any donkey tours....

I didn't know there is a donkey terminal !!!! :confused:

mtlycrew1, pls. update if u received them and if the process of reservation went smoothly.... many thanks

My wife and I enjoy hiking and are considering walking back to Fira after our time in Oia. Has anyone done this or is there another CC forum discussing this. We'll be there in early June then again in late June. Just wanted to know if the trail/road is clearly marked.

Thanks in advance

I have just been onto the above link that I posted earlier and dummy tested another booking with no problems! How strange. The procedure I followed is:

Click on 'Book Now' on left hand side of the time of departure chosen.

Enter all your personal details, email etc

Click 'Continue'

You will then get a message " You will now be sent to our secure booking site" - Do not wait but just click the 'Continue' button again and that takes you through to another screen which shows your invoice with all the details etc.

Has anybody got this far?

As far as I can tell there is no problem with it but the first time I tried I did not click the 'continue' button but read the message and waited and nothing happened. Hope this now works for you all. I paid by Paypal with no problems and then got a confirmatory email into my inbox.

My wife and I enjoy hiking and are considering walking back to Fira after our time in Oia. Has anyone done this or is there another CC forum discussing this. We'll be there in early June then again in late June. Just wanted to know if the trail/road is clearly marked.

Thanks in advance

hi,

I'm going in October and I know my kids want to do the hike .. I understnd it takes approx. 3 hours... if you find any info on it please post it here .. thanks :) I will do the same..

Thanks, Ha-pealady,

YES, I've got this far, first with my Dinners ("unknown provider":confused: , then with my VISA ("unknown currency" :mad: ) ....

MAYBE because I don't have Paypal, but in their "new" site they state that even if you don't have Paypal, it should get through... BUT, then they don't send you a "booking form" ... GO FIGURE !!!

From their website

Transfer to oia by speedboat

Daily

25 euros per adult

12.50 euros per child (6-12)

Special rates for groups Transfer to Oia by Speedboat & return to Fira by bus Departure from the old port of Fira by speedboat to reach in only 12 minutes Ammoudi bay at the bottom of the picturesque and traditional village of Oia.

There the partner agency will do the transfer by bus from the small harbor until the tourist parking of the village.

The pickup point of the bus to reach the capital of Santorini, Fira, will be at same place.

In Oia you will have 1 – 2 – 3 or maximum 4 hours of free time, every hour after the arrival it is available a transfer by bus as well included in the ticket, from Oia to Fira.

In Fira the free time depends from the departure time of the last tender to return back on your cruise ship.

My question - IF for some reason, I miss this bus or just want to get back to Fira on my own timetable, are there taxis in Oia that will take you to Fira?

And also...can you also book this once we tender the day we arrive in Santorini?

My question - IF for some reason, I miss this bus or just want to get back to Fira on my own timetable, are there taxis in Oia that will take you to Fira?

And also...can you also book this once we tender the day we arrive in Santorini?

Since for me Santorini is the most "problematic" port, due to tendering, cable car long lines and other ships in port, I'm researching the "subject" thoroughly.... My understanding is that

1) You can't rely on finding a taxi back to Fira. I'm thinking 3 hours will do for Oia, and the bus back, if booking with "Santorini"/"Aegeantraveller" is "guaranteed".

2) I factor in waiting in line to get down with the cable car.

3) Yes, u can book once u tender [if they have places available], and there is another company, Union boatmen or vice versa, I've got a link to their site, but u can't reserve there. They, along with "Santorini/..." have a booth right on the dock.

4) Find out how many ships will be in port at the same time....

Thanks, Ha-pealady,

YES, I've got this far, first with my Dinners ("unknown provider":confused: , then with my VISA ("unknown currency" :mad: ) ....

MAYBE because I don't have Paypal, but in their "new" site they state that even if you don't have Paypal, it should get through... BUT, then they don't send you a "booking form" ... GO FIGURE !!!

Must be so frustrating for you but maybe its worth joining Paypal and then trying again? Paypal is a great service provider. My invoice was in Euro and then my nominated bank account charge me in £s Sterling. I paid commission of 6 euros by the way. Otherwise, maybe find a friend who does have Paypal to book it for you. I think this is probably at the heart of your problem with the Santorini site as I cannot think of a reason why there would otherwise be a problem. Paypal is easy to join and totally trustworthy. I think the other site mentioned is nothing to do with SantoriniPlanet. As far as I can gather all the different boatmen have joined together to offer about 400 places per day between them and it may be that this is a completely different site and not the "new" site instead of as mentioned. Its all very confusing but I have my booking Invoice and receipt so it can be achieved via the Facebook SantoriniPlanet link. Otherwise you will almost certainly be able to get a ticket on the day at one of the booths on the dockside as other people seem to have been able to do this but to have peace of mind knowing you actually have a ticket would obviously be preferable. Good luck!

Since for me Santorini is the most "problematic" port, due to tendering, cable car long lines and other ships in port, I'm researching the "subject" thoroughly.... My understanding is that

1) You can't rely on finding a taxi back to Fira. I'm thinking 3 hours will do for Oia, and the bus back, if booking with "Santorini"/"Aegeantraveller" is "guaranteed".

2) I factor in waiting in line to get down with the cable car.

3) Yes, u can book once u tender [if they have places available], and there is another company, Union boatmen or vice versa, I've got a link to their site, but u can't reserve there. They, along with "Santorini/..." have a booth right on the dock.

4) Find out how many ships will be in port at the same time....

Thanks. We have three ships in port that day with ours being the first there - we are there from 7am to 5pm. Thinking we should be on board no later than 4pm? That means at the queue for the donkeys/cable car/walk down no later than 2:30-3pm. Which leaves us several hours to see Oia which is where I'm focusing my time for the day. Debating because this tour gives only a max of 3 hours in Oia when I can stay longer on my own. At this point I'm debating how to proceed...rent a car on my own, hope to get a taxi back from Oia, etc. Ugh. It's never easy...

Yes, we hiked from Fira to Oia last September. We loved it. We first walked up the path( with the donkeys for company) from the tender drop off and then headed our of town toward Oia. I had downloaded directions for getting out of town and we still made a few wrong turns before we finally found the path. From there it was easy to follow. We stopped often to take pics --- took about three hours. There is one steep section about three quarters of the way along. We loved the views of the caldera below. Do keep in mind that a good part of the path is not paved and is loose volcanic gravel so have shoes with good traction. Also there is not any shade so slaver the sunscreen, wear long sleeved shirts, bring more water than you think you will need, and wear a wide brimmed hat. We had a delicious relaxing lunch in Oia( which unfortunately was far more crowded and touristy than the last time we were there) and then took the very crowded bus back to Fira and walked back down the path to the ship( the wait for the cable car was over an hour long). If you love hiking and want to soak in the views go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we are there from 7am to 5pm. Thinking we should be on board no later than 4pm? That means at the queue for the donkeys/cable car/walk down no later than 2:30-3pm. Which leaves us several hours to see Oia which is where I'm focusing my time for the day. Debating because this tour gives only a max of 3 hours in Oia when I can stay longer on my own.

Pls. take into account that the first transfer is at 08.45. If they are punctual, it is Greece after all, not Germany....

Thanks for the update on hiking.

Checked the website today. No ability to make reservations. I emailed Luca (now my Point of Contact) for an update.

Ha-pealady, I find it interesting you were able to make a reservation on the Santorini Planet Facebook page but we can't make one on either the Santorini Planet nor the Aegean Travel website. We're one of the remaining 17 people on planet earth who don't do Facebook so we'll just have to wait for the website to be updated.

I asked Luca if Aegean Travel was actually part of Santorini Planet or a totally different company. Will update all when I hear anything new.

Just out of curiosity I went to the Santorini Planet Facebook page link Wdavid1019 provided (thank you). I was under the impression one had to have a Facebook account to use this website but you don't.

The reservation process is very easy and quick. They provide the schedule for each departure and the number of seats remaining for each departure time. You can pay with credit card or Paypal.

Something interesting. The confirmation email for the Facebook reservation came from Gianiuca Chimenti who was the same person who told me we could no longer make reservations on the Santorini Planet website. I wonder why he didn't let me know you make them on their Facebook page. Oh well, I have my receipt and am now a very happy camper. :D

Just out of curiosity I went to the Santorini Planet Facebook page link Wdavid1019 provided (thank you). I was under the impression one had to have a Facebook account to use this website but you don't.

The reservation process is very easy and quick. They provide the schedule for each departure and the number of seats remaining for each departure time. You can pay with credit card or Paypal.

Something interesting. The confirmation email for the Facebook reservation came from Gianiuca Chimenti who was the same person who told me we could no longer make reservations on the Santorini Planet website. I wonder why he didn't let me know you make them on their Facebook page. Oh well, I have my receipt and am now a very happy camper. :D

So pleased that you were able to get there in the end! Lets just hope the boat is there. My receipt is from the same person by the way. Strange that he didnt tell you about the Facebook page. Not sure when you are cruising but we go in September so any feedback on the speedboat would be appreciated.

I just received an email from Gianluca. (He and Luca are the same person).

They cancelled my reservations I made on the Santorini Planet Facebook page. Here is what he wrote:

Santoriniplanet is not providing anymore the booking service and online no one can, the official page for all Santorini's shore excursions is http://www.aegeantraveller.gr at the moment it doesn't provide booking system. it's not allowed anymore. The system is off so I don't know how could you make it, I'll check it on Monday./B]

Anyone who recently made reservations on the Santorini Planet Facebook page should contact them immediately. You may not have a valid reservation. I'm waiting for a response on how my PayPay account is going to be reimbursed.

The email from Luca had the following address info@aegeantraveller.gr

The email from Gianluca Chimenti had santoriniplanet@gmail.com

I'm slightly irritated right now.

I just received an email from Gianluca. (He and Luca are the same person).

They cancelled my reservations I made on the Santorini Planet Facebook page. Here is what he wrote:

Santoriniplanet is not providing anymore the booking service and online no one can, the official page for all Santorini's shore excursions is www.aegeantraveller.gr at the moment it doesn't provide booking system. it's not allowed anymore. The system is off so I don't know how could you make it, I'll check it on Monday./B]

Anyone who recently made reservations on the Santorini Planet Facebook page should contact them immediately. You may not have a valid reservation. I'm waiting for a response on how my PayPay account is going to be reimbursed.

The email from Luca had the following address info@aegeantraveller.gr

The email from Gianluca Chimenti had santoriniplanet@gmail.com

I'm slightly irritated right now.

OMG: I have emailed Santorini Planet to see what is going on. Will report back.

I sent an E-mail to info@aegeantraveller.gr

I see that you have two transfers. Can you please advise what times these two different transfers operate?

Answer:The transfers starts from 8.30 to 11.30 and we do several transfers up to the cruises and the traffic.

Sent from my iPhone

I sent an E-mail to info@aegeantraveller.gr

I see that you have two transfers. Can you please advise what times these two different transfers operate?

Answer:The transfers starts from 8.30 to 11.30 and we do several transfers up to the cruises and the traffic.

Sent from my iPhone

Ewoodspark, Any other indication from them regarding making reservations for the transfers? There's still nothing on their website.

Ewoodspark, Any other indication from them regarding making reservations for the transfers? There's still nothing on their website.

Nothing at all. It is all quite confusing now. The Santoriniplanet web site on face book seems to have been taken over by www.aegeantraveller.gr, but contacting them does not get you very far. It looked initially that "they" did transfers by boat to Oia in the morning and then a boat to Athinios and a bus to Oia in the afternoon. However, after this latest reply, I would be very reluctant to book in advance.

Edited by Ewoodspark

As of today I have not had my reservations cancelled by Santorini Planet, nor have I received a reply to my email of yesterday asking whether my booking on their Facebook site is valid. Interestingly, the link to their Facebook booking line which I booked on a few days ago is no longer there. Not sure what to do if he does not reply, maybe just turn up with my voucher and hope that there is a boat that will transport us?

Well, the charges for our reservations we made on their Facebook page posted to my account last night. Hmmm. I emailed Luca again this morning indicating I needed verification from him soon as we depart for our trip this Friday. I asked that he either refund my money before Friday or honor the reservations I made on his Facebook page. Hopefully he responds today.