Boat To and Bus From Oia

Kenato

I figured out the problem. Currently, the only option bookable is the 8:45 departure. All others you have to wait until tomorrow.

I was just able to book on line. Does anyone have any idea where in the "old port of Thira" we pick up the speedboats? Thanks.

I was just able to book on line. Does anyone have any idea where in the "old port of Thira" we pick up the speedboats? Thanks.

I was told an in email you walk 800 metres to their office after getting off the tender then show your online ticket. They then take you to the boat, so I'm guessing it's walking distance.

The old port of Thira is where the tenders dock. See TomsPortGuides on the web and scroll down to Santorini to find some more info. We took the speedboat to Ia last year.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I like this option of getting to Oia but I can't decide which time to choose. What time do you suggest for a ship that is supposed to arrive at 9:00? Would the 9:45 tour work? I would prefer the earliest time I can get but I have no idea how long it will take to get on the tender and make it to their office.

I like this option of getting to Oia but I can't decide which time to choose. What time do you suggest for a ship that is supposed to arrive at 9:00? Would the 9:45 tour work? I would prefer the earliest time I can get but I have no idea how long it will take to get on the tender and make it to their office.

If I recall, the tenders are operated by Santorini and not the ship. It depends on the size of your ship and how many are in port that day.

I am having the same problem as luv2vacation. I am on the June 1 Equinox & we arrive in port at 7:00, the Azamara Quest also gets in at 7:00. I would really like to be on the 9:45 boat, but don't know if this would be possible. I am Elite with Celebrity so I don't know if this helps.

I am having the same problem as luv2vacation. I am on the June 1 Equinox & we arrive in port at 7:00, the Azamara Quest also gets in at 7:00. I would really like to be on the 9:45 boat, but don't know if this would be possible. I am Elite with Celebrity so I don't know if this helps.

We are also there 1 June on HAL Neiuw Amsterdam also arriving 7am.

The port schedule I found only shows the NA for that day! Looks like it will be busier than we thought!

We booked the 8.45am boat.

Cheers

Amanda

Are you basically exploring by yourself in between the transfers? If so, how easy is that to do? Also, how much time do you leave between the announced time of the boat arrival in harbour and booking your tour? Any advice would be appreciated

Hello!

Our ship arrives at 7am and we booked the 8.45am boat transfer.

We plan to line up early on the ship to get the first lot of tender tickets so we can be one of the first off the ship. This should leave plenty of time for the transfer.

We just plan to wander around Oia ourselves and have a nice lunch somewhere with a view!:) I haven't really been able to find out much about Oia, I think people mainly go there for the scenery, plus there are a few shops.

We plan to get the bus back to Fira early, allowing time for a look around the Fira shops (it supposed to be very touristy with lots of shops). You need to allow time for both the cable car queue and the tender boat queue. I think the ship would still go without you if you were in the cable car queue (anyone know about this??) But once you are in the tender queue, you would be OK.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Amanda

I have a question some of you may be able to answer. We are on the Celebrity Reflection, in Santorini on Friday, May 29th. Last week I booked 4 transfers on the speedboat on the 10:45 trip, at 20 euros each. I went to the website today just to see how things were going, and there seem to have been changes. No 10:45 trip is listed for our day or any other, that I can see . Has anyone noticed this? I just don't want to be standing on the pier with nothing arranged and 4 worthless vouchers.

Cynbar, maybe your 10:45 is already booked up and no seats remain. We booked on the 9:45 I think they had 50 seats avail when we booked less than a week ago and now shows 14 avail. I noticed on my credit card statement that I was charged the ticket fee for 2 - USD was 60 dollars and change. Did you get charged on your credit card or rec a confirmation from santorini planet if so I'd assume your bus in full which is further confirmation that we did good by booking this early.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Forums mobile app

I think Susan is right. I booked yesterday (2 for the 9:45 boat) at that time there were @140 (not sure of the exact number) for the 9:45 and many (maybe 60)?) for the 10:45 too. If you're worried, contact them. But my guess is, with the massive port load that day, they are going quickly. Doesn't sound like it's going to be our picture perfect dream day in Santorini with so many others....but it'll still be great! And of course, we were quoted in euros and will have $ charged to our cc or paypal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a question some of you may be able to answer. We are on the Celebrity Reflection, in Santorini on Friday, May 29th. Last week I booked 4 transfers on the speedboat on the 10:45 trip, at 20 euros each. I went to the website today just to see how things were going, and there seem to have been changes. No 10:45 trip is listed for our day or any other, that I can see . Has anyone noticed this? I just don't want to be standing on the pier with nothing arranged and 4 worthless vouchers.

Hi,

We are on the same sailing as you, and I also noticed today that our 8:45am tour is no longer listed as well. I'm sure it is for the same reason as yours - that our tour is full. With 4 ships in port that day, I did think these would go fast.

Vicki

I did email them last night and I must say I received a prompt reply. They have assured me we are all set, we have bought tickets so we will have a seat. So, I won't worry about it any more. My credit card was charged and I have confirmation vouchers, so that makes me feel more secure. If worse came to worse, we could always head for the cable car line!

Edited by cynbar

For those who have booked recently -

What price did you pay per person? I looked today & the site is saying:

Sub-Total: €25.00

System commissions (6%): €1.50

Total (EUR): €26.50

Payment due (100% Deposit ) €26.50

Did they raise the price recently? :confused:

Hi all,

FWIW, last October, when we took the speed boat to Ia (yeah I know, they also spell it Oia, but EEE-ah is the way they pronounce it, so I prefer the spelling Ia) and then the NST bus to Fira, it only cost us $20 USD for the package. And we did not make any reservations (since I don't like to give my cc to websites I do not know) before our tender got to the Old Port. I have a picture of the booths that sell (hawk) the speed boat to Ia at the Old Port and I'll try to find a way to post it on this forum since there is so much interest in it. I learned about the speed boat option from Tom's Port Guide for Santorini.

Have fun! Santorini is a blast, and Ia is the best part of Santorini for me.

For those who have booked recently -

What price did you pay per person? I looked today & the site is saying:

Sub-Total: €25.00

System commissions (6%): €1.50

Total (EUR): €26.50

Payment due (100% Deposit ) €26.50

Did they raise the price recently? :confused:

I noticed this price increase too. Just a few days ago it was shower the lower price.

We are on this cruise also. I just booked the 9:45. There should not be an issue getting off the ship in time. Tenders run pretty fast. We visited Santorini last year but did a tour. We decided to book the trip over to Oia on the speed boat this time as we wanted more time there verses Fira.