Soda Card Price

CDScad619

Keep in mind that some people also buy the glass which is offered as a premium to get the soda card. I don't think it's worth it 'cause if you use it, you have to constantly wash it out before reusing. That's not what I want to do on a cruise.

So, if you give a soda card price, make sure you note whether it's with our without the glass. Then you can compare apples with apples. :)

On Golden last year they let you buy 2 drinks at a time !! Therefore you only need one card for two persons! I expect to be flamed for daring to save 25 bucks this way!

Bob

Not flamming you (well guess I am kind of) but to me that is no different than helping yourself to something in the shops without paying. I just would not be able to do something like that. Stealing is stealing in my book. :eek:

Maybe there are too many doing just this and that is what is driving up the price. Princess has a very reasonable soda card, about half, if not less than half of what RCI charges.

Yes, you can get two drinks at a time... I've done it myself. BUT, I always buy a soda card for myself and my daughter so that I'm getting a soda per card. I guess it's just my morality factor but I couldn't bring myself to buy one card and use it for two people. I wouldn't want it on my conscience to drive up the cost of the card for myself and others.

On the Sun in May my DH and I both purchased the card. I went to get 2 sodas and I had to go back and get DH card cuz they would one give me one unless they saw 2 cards with stickers. That happened not just once but majority of the time. We just got used to going up to the bars with 2 cards.

We were recently on a cruise with another line and the Soda Card was $50 for a 10 day cruise. They said that the cost had gone up because so many people were buying one card and sharing it with 2 or more people. I hope that Princess doesn't follow suit. If people would play the game and not cheat we wouldn't be having this problem.

We just returned from Diamond cruise on 6/11. The charge on our statement for one soda card was $31.80 including the coke glass. (I wasn't able to buy soda card without the "glass" too.) It is very small and I ended up using it as a coffee cup when obtaining coffee from room service. It worked out great for this as it is "insulated" and kept coffee hot longer than the cups they provided.

Last month on the Island Princess we payed $22.50 for our card stickers and used the red thermos cup thing that we got on the Star Princess last year. The thermos this is also very good for hot chocolate too. As for cleaning it out, the bar tenders will happily wash them out for you. The price changes for the length of your cruise.

I always like how people try to get away with something and then complain when the price goes up because too many people have been beating the system.

Archived