Favorite CD

msstarr22

Our favorite is Weeeeee Jimmy. We've cruised with him twice now. He is so personable onboard. We're even friends on FB.

Our least favorite was Brent Mitchell on the Carnival Ecstasy. I asked him for a picture and he refused. He seemed very unpersonable and disinterested in meeting with passengers

Another person who didn't like Brent MItchell. Wonder what it is about him that Carnival keeps him where he is.

Although he isn't as good as Karl, I just got off a cruise with Jeff Brrronson, and he was pretty good, I saw him quite a bit and was able to chat with him for a little while.

Another person who didn't like Brent MItchell. Wonder what it is about him that Carnival keeps him where he is.

Although he isn't as good as Karl, I just got off a cruise with Jeff Brrronson, and he was pretty good, I saw him quite a bit and was able to chat with him for a little while.

Yeah I hear ya...Brent Mitchell was awful. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed

I'm going to have to agree with those who've praised Jaime Dee... She stood out even back when I sailed on the Splendor in 2008 (under Goose, who was the first CD to make *any* difference in a cruise I'd been on), and then when I sailed on the Pride, she was filling in for a month as CD, and impressed me MUCH more than any CD I'd had before or since.

I don't usually pay much attention to the CD when booking a cruise, but if she was ever scheduled to be CD on a cruise I was considering, it would probably make a difference to my booking it.

Matt Mitcham (well, he is very easy on the eyes! and he was a great CD)

Matt is very very easy on the eyes and he's a good CD to boot. I had read on here that Malcolm 'woo hoo" Burns was not good. I'm just off the Splendor and he was pretty good. I hear that he's toned down the "woo hoo's" but I don't think it would've bothered me. I'd say he was pretty good. :)

Yeah I hear ya...Brent Mitchell was awful. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed

Just off Legend, thought he was awful. Only saw him when he intro'd shows. Even made Marriage show not as good. Seemed like everything was just too much for him to be bothered with. Hosted really boring shows on TV. Can't understand why he's still around.

Just off Legend, thought he was awful. Only saw him when he intro'd shows. Even made Marriage show not as good. Seemed like everything was just too much for him to be bothered with. Hosted really boring shows on TV. Can't understand why he's still around.

Good...at least I'm not the only one who thinks that he's awful. They need to dump him

• 1 year later...
Karl with a K on Liberty---best we had in 7 cruises!

Back in 2002 we sailed with Karl with a K, but he was assistant CD then. I wish I'd have a chance to sail with him as the CD, but I heard he was no longer with Carnival?

Outside of Dave Armour, who unfortunately has passed away, then my favorite CD was Steve Cassel.

We will have James Dunn on the Magic in February. Anyone know anything about him?

Wee Jimmie aka Ralph Valenti would have to be my favorite. Chris Jefferson would have to be the 2nd favorite. In the last 7 or 8 years, I haven't even seemed to care who the CD is on the ships I sail. None of them seem to have the old "Fun Ship" personality that the two mentioned above had. Back in 2005 we had the pleasure of having Wee Jimmie & Noonan together on the same ship. At that time neither were CD's, I believe they were "Social Hosts" you can't even imagine the fun we had on that one. 😊

I too, love cruising with Butch. I hated to see them move him to Miami, but maybe he'll be back aboard one of these days. (He doesn't look good with that BEARD anyway.) :eek:

Others I really like are Steve Cassel, Cory Rogers, and Big Sexy. They all do an outstanding job, except one, and I'll not mention him, as I don't want to give him any press at all.

"SKY"

Jaime Dee!! she did some extra special things for me and our roll call on the Pride

Matt Mitcham (well, he is very easy on the eyes! and he was a great CD)

Hi Michelle - I was on that Pride roll call and I agree. Jamie is great. My husband is in love with her!! Had her again on the Dream two years ago.