Favorite CD

msstarr22

I hope this isn't a flame issue but will ask anyway. Do you have a favorite CD and why do you like them? Lets leave John Heald out of this one as I know so many have a love/hate relationship there. I am interested in knowing the reasons people like their CD's! Who do you like to see on the ship you are sailing! Do they cater to you? Do they stop and see if you are having a good cruise? I have sailed numerous times and I only have 1 who stands out! I will save that for later and why?

For us, it's a tie between Jen Baxter and Butch Begovitch, but Butch probably would be the winner in the head to head.

We've also sailed with Mark Price (no longer with Carnival), Goose, Steve Cassel, and I'm probably missing one. We haven't had a CD that we haven't liked so far.

Last Sept. we sailed on the 8-day sailing on the Freedom and I would give a huge shout out to Brad Calabrese. Went to an activity--Cribbage with the CD--turned out to be just my mom, myself and one other person. We had a lot of time to chat and for the rest of the cruise he would see us in a crowd and give a shout out and remembered our names.

We've had Risa two or three times, Jen Baxter, some dude, some other dude, and another dude or two.

I couldn't care less who the CD is. They add nothing to my cruise.

I used to think this too because we have never had cruise directors that contributed much. Then we had Karl on the Liberty in March and he was EVERYWHERE! He even was at the door saying goodbye to guests as we were leaving the ship at debarkation. He is awesome. I would book a ship if I knew he was on that ship.

I used to think this too because we have never had cruise directors that contributed much. Then we had Karl on the Liberty in March and he was EVERYWHERE! He even was at the door saying goodbye to guests as we were leaving the ship at debarkation. He is awesome. I would book a ship if I knew he was on that ship.

I could not agree more. Karl with a k was fabulous !

Last cruise we had "Hennie" and oh my god what a waste of our time.

Karl with a K on Liberty---best we had in 7 cruises!

Totally agree! We love Butch a bunch though! The cruise we took with Karl last year on the Liberty was the best out of the 11 we have taken with Carnival. He was everywhere at the same time!

Couldn't agree more with you....Hennie Van Heerden was our cruise director last month on the Freedom. He was awful.....not funny at all. He was never around. Nothing good to say about him

My favorite CD currently is Jen, she was on the Triumph but im not sure what ship she's on now. But my favorite CD of all time is Lenny Halliday, too bad he had to retire, there was/is no other CD that could even come close to his level.:(

I have to agree with you on Hennie. We had Brad the first week & Hennie the second week. No comparison. Really enjoyed Brad.

Hope Karl is still on Liberty when we cruise next January.

I had heard good things about Wee Jimmy and was looking forward to him on Legend in 2012. However, he left just before we cruised.