CCL Stock onboard credit?

suzyed

Firefly - we are still newbies to the ways of Carnival. Ref the stock OBC does this need to go thru a broker? we purchase our own thru Charles Schwab without the middle man, but at this time I do not have enough shares to get an OBC - just wanted to know if a statement from our Charles Schwab account will be good enough when the time comes. By the way this is a great Carnival deal! Thanks~~ Fran D - still a newbie :)

So, how much stock do you have to own to get this benefit???

100 Shares, with current market prices, equating to roughly $3,300. I took a portion out of my IRA and put it into a brokerage IRA and purchased exactly 100 shares. Every time I use it for a 7 night cruise, I get $100 OBC, roughly an instant 3% return. If you have the cash and cruise enough, a very good investment.

As far as the investment statement, I just went online and printed the page where it shows my current holdings and the balances. Blacked out everything other than the carnival stock and my name. Sent it to Carnival and got a response in two days both times I've used it. Now, it shows I have $100 OBC in my 7 night cruise and $50 on my 5 night cruise in my cruise documents.

Good luck everyone.:)

So.. you only own 100 shares of Carnival stock yet got OBC for both rooms??? We have 2 rooms booked later in the year and would love to do this.

That is correct.

I typed out a cover sheet that read:

Attn: guest services admin supervisor

Name:

Booking #:

Ship:

Sailing date:

Attached please find account summary showing ownership of 100 shares of CCL stock.

Since both of our names are on the stock summary, and DH and I were booked in separate cabins, we each had a different booking #. DH faxed the info twice, each with a cover letter with different name/booking #.

24 hours after faxing, our OBC was there in both of our billing info pages.

I have always done the FAX request, and many times I have NOT received any response. I take the paperwork with me on the cruise and then Guest Services has faxed it back to Miami and then I get my OBC. I have not tried the e-mail request.

Don't think that's possible unless you have a service that does it? Standard email and outlook will not fax a document.

I just have my PVP do it when I book he has it on file..he did 3 thru September and confirmed the next day. Of course he also does my price drops as well. I have tried to catch him off guard but he always says already at that rate or I get an OBC email. So I return the favor when booking and say this is the date,ship and room for this rate. We barely chat or have a need to.

You don’t any special service or connection.

Addressing your outbound fax message.

Address an outbound fax using this format: [FAX:name@faxnumber]

Do not use any spaces and be sure to include the brackets and the area code if applicable.

Examples:

[FAX:John_Doe@555-1234] is to a local (your area code) fax number.

[FAX:Jane_Doe@999-555-6579] is to a US or Canada long distance fax number.

The text immediately preceding the “@” symbol will be displayed on the cover page.

For future convenience, you can save Fax addresses in your Outlook Contacts.

That is correct.

Name:

Booking #:

Ship:

Sailing date:

Attached please find account summary showing ownership of 100 shares of CCL stock.

Since both of our names are on the stock summary, and DH and I were booked in separate cabins, we each had a different booking #. DH faxed the info twice, each with a cover letter with different name/booking #.

Thanks so much for this information. Sure nice to find this out.

Good stuff. Thanks.

In this thread, I have seen two fax numbers (305-406-6477 & 305-406-8596). I just went on line to Carnival relations and on the web page they note to fax it to 305-406-6102.

Unless anyone has tried and failed in using the last number, that is what I will use. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Yesterday I became the proud owner of another 40 shares of Carnival stock to give me a total of 103. Can't wait to get more OBC for my Jan. cruises.

Is it to early for me to send my stock info in to Carnival for my stock holders OBC?

100 shares...I bought mine about 6 years ago just before retirement and have gotten back about $2500 of my original $3700 investment and still own the stock..getting $550 for the cruises I have booked on the Legend...And we always just e-mail ours in......Dennis

Has anyone tried the e-mail route lately? Seems like some confusion during this thread to fax or email. We sail in a month and I want to do it correctly. Thanks.

I emailed this time! Worked fine, got a confirmation email which I printed out and brought with us. When we got onboard there was a letter confirming the OBC! :)

I just got the $50 for a 2 night cruise to nowhere and will get $100 for my cruise in Sept. I haven't kept track of how many cruises I have applied it to, but it certainly has paid off. Plus, I just noticed that they are paying a quarterly dividend of $.25/share. I just bought an additional 160 shares as the price is low right now.

That is correct.

Name:

Booking #:

Ship:

Sailing date:

Love This. I'm going to try this for my January 2014 cruise. DH & I are booked in 2 different rooms due to our FCCs and now with this, if it works, will have $300 in OBC

:D

At the risk of sounding completely ignorant....I know NOTHING about stocks...we are currently looking at buying some at the urging of some friends. We cruise 2 or 3 times a year, so we are thinking that this may be a great benefit to us, and get us started. My question (to those that are very familiar with the way this works), I think I read that BOTH my husband and I can be 'joint owners', but does this mean we BOTH have to be onboard a cruise to get the OBC? Sometimes I cruise without my husband, going with friends or others. In other words, if I cruise without him, my name is jointly on the stocks, I get the OBC, or do we both have to be present and accounted for. Thanks in advance

At the risk of sounding completely ignorant....I know NOTHING about stocks...we are currently looking at buying some at the urging of some friends. We cruise 2 or 3 times a year, so we are thinking that this may be a great benefit to us, and get us started. My question (to those that are very familiar with the way this works), I think I read that BOTH my husband and I can be 'joint owners', but does this mean we BOTH have to be onboard a cruise to get the OBC? Sometimes I cruise without my husband, going with friends or others. In other words, if I cruise without him, my name is jointly on the stocks, I get the OBC, or do we both have to be present and accounted for. Thanks in advance

The OBC is per cabin. As long as one person in the cabin owns the shares, the OBC will be credited to the person whose name is on the account. There are several good online sites to buy stocks. I initially bought stock through a broker at the bank but will never do that again. You pay a fee per stock to buy and sell. I paid $100 to buy the 100 shares. I trade with TdAmeritrade now and pay $10 per trade, not per share.

Carnival (CCL) is low right now so it is a good time to buy.

You would need 200 shares if you want it applied to two cabins.

That is correct. I had specifically asked Carnival about that. They said if you have joint account with 100 shares, either named person can get $100 OBC when either of the names are in a cabin/booking. However, if the two persons are booked in two different cabins, you'll get OBC only for one cabin/booking. If you want OBC for both cabins, you'll need to own 200+ shares.

My wife and I had bought 100 shares in a joint account, figuring if only one of us can travel, then at least that person will get the OBC.

There was one year we brought our kids, and booked 2 cabins with my wife and my name in different cabins. At that time, we bought 200 more shares (thinking CCL was doing good), to end up with 300 shares. For that trip, we got the $100 shareholder OBC for both cabins.

Not in our experiences.

Our stocks are jointly owned. When we booked each of us in a separate cabin, we faxed two cover letters, each with its own booking number and copy of our stock statement. We have done this twice already-one for a four day to Canada and one for a seven day to the Caribbean. We received OBC for both cabins. Once on board, we went to Guest Services and switched my DH into our cabin and our friend into her and her DH's cabin. The OBC remained on my DH's S&S account.

You got around the rules by faxing two different letters, and you got lucky.

Next time why don't you try faxing in one letter and give both cabins/locators, with that one joint account owning 100 shares.

If it was allowed to work, imagine using a joint account with many names, and then trying to get the OBC for all the different cabins. It's not supposed to work like that.

Archived