Open Passages question-dropped in the box question

islandgirlejfan

Just had a fabulous cruise on the Silhouette and of course we decided to buy another credit for a future cruise. The travel office was busy everyday of our cruise, so we took advantage of dropping the information in the dropbox that is outside of the travel office door. I filled out the information and dropped in the box on Thursday. My question is I haven't received an email yet or had a charge made to my AMEX card, so how long does this take to show up? Has anyone had any issues buying them this way?

Just had a fabulous cruise on the Silhouette and of course we decided to buy another credit for a future cruise. The travel office was busy everyday of our cruise, so we took advantage of dropping the information in the dropbox that is outside of the travel office door. I filled out the information and dropped in the box on Thursday. My question is I haven't received an email yet or had a charge made to my AMEX card, so how long does this take to show up? Has anyone had any issues buying them this way?

I experienced this last month on the Eclipse. It took close to three weeks before it showed up.

I experienced this last month on the Eclipse. It took close to three weeks before it showed up.

I had the same problem on Century. My travel mates received emails before we left the ship. I called when I returned and they told me to wait a week. I called The Captain's Club Department and they issued me one and the next day I had a second one.

I would think you should get a response faster than three weeks. We bought two open passages while on Equinox and we received our emails while we were still on the cruise. However, our friends who did the same did not and had to call X to get their open passage emailed to them.

It seems like they are running into some kinks with the new system since I have seen others report here that they also did not get their emails very fast. I would think even if they couldn't email them right away that they would at least put them all into the system so they could process them all as soon as the ship arrived back in port and they had reliable internet. Granted that's using logic. :rolleyes:

I also had to call the Captain's Club when I never saw any charge on my credit card.

I called about 3 weeks later. I almost came on these boards to tell of my experience but I didn't want to start a thread about it.

When I called they told me it was too late to give it to me, I should have called earlier.

I did not accept that and asked to speak to a higher up person. They told me the same thing.

I didn't accept that either. It appeared that they didn't believe me. Which I took great exception to.

And told them so.

They said I should have checked in with the Cap Club before I left the ship. I told them that I did and that they had assured me that they would issue me the Open Passage when things calmed down.

I think I made my case well because the woman I was talking with, after a while, completely understood what happened. And she also understood that implying that the customer is lying is no way to handle a mistake made by their own staff. Plus, I wasn't even booking a cruise (well one that I could use the certificate on) so why in the world would I lie about such a thing.

Then on top of that mess, my question to the Cap Club person was what in the heck happened to all of my personal information? Name, address and credit card number?? You just drop it off in a box, who knows who has access to that information? As a victim of identity theft (not just plain old credit card number stolen but actual identity) I am very sensitive to this type of thing.

Needless to say, I will NEVER drop off my info in that box again. I will make them take the time to help me.:(

I had the same problem on Century. My travel mates received emails before we left the ship. I called when I returned and they told me to wait a week. I called The Captain's Club Department and they issued me one and the next day I had a second one.

Me, too. It came about a week after the cruise ended, but I got impatient and emailed Captain's Club. Then the original one showed up the next day. So now we have two (a good thing!)

I followed the same procedure when we were on the Silhouette in February. After two weeks I emailed Celebrity to ask what was happening (the cost was on my credit card). Within another week I had an email apologizing for the delay and giving me my booking number.

I booked my cruise and I am still waiting for the Future Cruise Certificate to be applied by Celebrity. This is my first time using the certificate because I book onboard. I was told that I would receive an email in two days when they apply the certificate. That was last week. My booking shows held for 24 hours. Should I just be patient or will they cancel my booking?

Thanks for all the answers!:) I finally saw a credit today but it's hard to know what exactly they did. I received three emails in total, two that have my hubby and I both on them and the other one has me credited on my own. I can't tell what is going on with my AMEX because there are some charges on it from *Celebrity Silhouette* that match none of the receipts that I have (I keep them all) and the envelope of charges. We had a $400 OBC when we got on and I should have no more than $200 or so in charges. I have written them to ask them for another copy of the bill just because these totals don't show on the charges they gave to us.

Just want to follow up with this as I was called by Celebrity yesterday in regards to my shipboard bill and credit as I had some questions about some odd numbers on my AMEX. I gave them some suggestions about this *box* they are using in order for passengers to buy cruise credit. I personally am not comfortable with the idea of dropping my credit card information in the box as my husband and I have had our debit card hacked and I am sure that we are not alone. I made the suggestion that maybe they need to designate one person to take these credits while onboard or set it up that you could do it via computer on a secure form maybe up to two weeks post cruise. They know you have taken a cruise and to me this would solve the problem for them if it's a lack of staff issue. The travel office was very busy on the Silhouette and the form doesn't give you the option of how many credits you want to even buy! It must be causing employees entering the information grief as well because I received three emails from Celebrity concerning the credit. It looks as if they were going to charge us the two hundred dollars for both my husband and I twice, but then they ended up just entering my information and my AMEX was charged for one hundred dollars. The form is a little too basic.

I booked my cruise and I am still waiting for the Future Cruise Certificate to be applied by Celebrity. This is my first time using the certificate because I book onboard. I was told that I would receive an email in two days when they apply the certificate. That was last week. My booking shows held for 24 hours. Should I just be patient or will they cancel my booking?

After a week, I called and eventually called The Captain's Club Office and I have my booking confirmed. Now, I need to wait for the next deployment to book my next cruise! I like the idea of giving the request to an individual. The box with my credit card info in it is scary. What happens after they put the info into the system? Being able to request it online would be a better idea.

I filled out the information and dropped in the box on Thursday. My question is I haven't received an email yet or had a charge made to my AMEX card, so how long does this take to show up? Has anyone had any issues buying them this way?

Wanna hear something funny? I just did the same thing...filled out a Passages form and dropped it in the box. I had an e-mail confirmation that evening.

The funny part is, I did this on a RCI ship. Funny how they had my confirmation in hours, but on Celebrity's own ship, they couldn't get it to you in a timely manner.

I don't like the idea of dropping confidential information in a box, with no paper receipt.

I just bought my 3rd Open Passages onboard the Eclipse last month. Although the TA was very busy, I just signed in a time in her reservation book which was open outside her office.

Then, it took less than 15 minutes to buy the Passages from her, get the paper in my hand and have all the info mailed to me at home.:)

Archived