Drinks included on cruise? Charge for Hot Chocolate?

odyzander

We have only sailed Disney with the kids. (3x so it is what they know) I am very excited to try something different for Alaska.

Kids love hot chocolate and juice for breakfast. From my reading it seems these are not standard?

There is a soda station on DCL where we could get the hot chocolate. They have disposable cups with lids. How is the set up on Princess for beverages outside dining hours. Is there a hot water station? I could just bring my own packets if that is the case. What about the cups should I bring our own? Do they have disposable ones with lids? TIA

ETA: What about chocolate milk for Dinner with the kids or is it just regular?

The Princess buffet has tables set-up and tableside beverage service. There is a beverage station for hot drinks but you can ask for anything at your table. Juice is free in the morning, there's a charge for juice later in the day. If you want some, just ask for more juice and put it in your mini-frig for later. Don't know about hot chocolate but I assume it's the same. No take-out cups.

You mentioned bringing your own packets. You can always get hot water from the buffet or room service.

Hot chocolate and juice (as well as smoothies, milk shakes, and soda) are included with the Ultimate Kids package, which is 8.05 per day ($7 + 15% gratuity) per person. Perhaps that might be an option for you.

Hot water is available at the buffet, i belive all day, so you could make your own hot chocolate. I don't recall if there are to-go cups (others have said there aren't), but my mom and sister both bought Princess travel mugs (i think there was a sale/promotion during embarkation) which might be worth looking into.

Bring your own mix & cups.

You can get a delicious cup of hot chocolate where they sell the specialty coffee. On our ship it was at the international cafe. It comes in a large glass cup with a saucer. There is a charge for it. I suggest you bring your own packets if the kids drink it after breakfast. I did that with crystal light.

The OP specifically said sailing on an Alaska cruise -- I seem to remember that hot chocolate is available on the Alaska cruises or am I wrong? I don't drink it so that may account for my faulty memory.

They offered it at least 2 nights during MUTS, but I don't recall it being generally available and not sure if there was a charge.

The OP specifically said sailing on an Alaska cruise -- I seem to remember that hot chocolate is available on the Alaska cruises or am I wrong? I don't drink it so that may account for my faulty memory.

They offered it at least 2 nights during MUTS, but I don't recall it being generally available and not sure if there was a charge.

i was on an Alaska cruise and I don't recall hot chocolate being offered.

We were on the Golden in Alaska last September and hot chocolate was complementary in the HC all day. On another thread it was stated that this was also the case on another ship last year. Don't know if that will be the same next year but it was last year.

Juice and hot chocolate at no additional charge in MDR at breakfast only.

Children young enough to use the children's menu in the dining room can get juice and chocolate milk (not sure about hot chocolate) at lunch and dinner at no charge.

The International cafe has hot chocolate. When we cruised 2yrs ago it was included free if you bought a coffee card however from recent posts that seems to have changed. So to answer your question you can get hot chocolate but may have to pay for it later in the day

OK, so I'm still kind of confused (not hard to do :p). I occasionally like hot chocolate around mid-morning. On RCI I could alway grab a cup in the windjammer or promanade cafe. Is there any place for hot chocolate on Princess ships without the beverage card?
Does anyone know if hot chocolate is included with the coffee card?
Unless you are on an Alaskan cruise, there is no place for free hot chocolate after breakfast in the dining room ends at 9:00/9:30.

There used to be instant hot chocolate packets in the Horizon Court to use with the hot water there, but no more :(

The International Cafe has hot chocolate available all day. $1.50 for regular and $3.00 for large or complementary with a coffee card on the cruise the card was purchased.

Archived