Carnival imagination-carnival victory "back-to-back" review (pics) 4-12-2013

valancy1

We decided to go to the Love & Marriage show the last day of the cruise, and while we were sitting there, I decided to take our picture. What cracks me up is the couple behind us got into the act. LOL

P4140424_zps65965c0e.jpg

P4140425_zpsa6972de6.jpg

Here's our cruise director Skip:

P4140432_zps706758f5.jpg

Love & Marriage show contestants:

P4140435_zpse5b7f709.jpg

A sample dinner menu for one evening:

P4140437_zps3bcaaf74.jpg

On the last night of the cruise, the singing and dancing was "Gangnam Style" and Edguardo let me put the ruffles on and dance. How fun was that!

P4140442_zpsf67c6ef3.jpg

Where is everyone, the restaurant looks empty?

Monday was the last day of our cruise and the first day of our next cruise--this is to be my Platinum cruise! So excited!

We exit the ship to an absolute downpour. So badly was it raining that we couldn't see the Victory in front of us. We needed to get to terminal D from terminal C. Thankfully, one of the porters told us to get in this one bus and he would take us there. STILL got drenched but was so thankful for the little loop-de-loop to get us to terminal D.

When we went to go inside, I told the guy monitoring the "rope" that we were priority and he let us go in. WOW this is easy, I said. LOL. Boy was I wrong.

I got to the VIP Captain's Lounge and we were turned away. This was the FIRST time I'd heard, "We don't count cruises anymore... we count days cruised". ARRRGH.

So we went up to the terminal and got checked in. Once again the lady at the counter where we get the keys says, "It doesn't work that way anymore."

So we trudge...soaking wet, discouraged... to the gangway and get on this ship that I've wanted to cruise for at least 3 years. The Atrium was incredible:

P4150470_zps6024eed2.jpg

P4150500_zps79e54eb0.jpg

P4150471_zps2e86ca3a.jpg

So we just walked right down to our room. We got right on the ship and walked right to our room... This time we got an Ocean View.

P4150480_zps91affc0c.jpg

P4150482_zpsc70009eb.jpg

P4150483_zps0c1922d9.jpg

P4150501_zps87634fa7.jpg

There were these hand-laid mosaics everywhere... even the entire atrium where the glass elevators are--giant mosaics. Stunning.

P4150502_zpsdec6a4c9.jpg

P4150534_zps0eeae2fe.jpg

P4150535_zpsfebfb648.jpg

P4150500_zps79e54eb0.jpg

P4150501_zps87634fa7.jpg

We went to Guest Services to find out about my Platinum status. We were told that it didn't work that way anymore. I tried explaining that on their website it says specifically that if we were close to 10 cruises and get them in by December of 2013, we would be Platinum. Still no go.

I tried to say that even John Heald was supposed to write them. The guy at Guest Services said, "Who's that?!" (I nearly fainted, to be quite honest). I said he is the senior cruise director and brand ambassador at Carnival. We got a curt, "Well I know my boss and his boss. I don't know of a John Heald," and it was like "whoop de dooo." Seriously... OMG.

I got on FB and wrote to John on his FB page and just asked about how we might get this done because we specifically and intentionally booked enough cruises for Barry and I to be Platinum before the year ran out.

While we waited (and I chewed on my angst for awhile) we roamed about the ship...

The dining room. Oh how I hated our table assigment... I asked to be switched and so he did switch us... to a TWO TOP. Not that I don't love my husband, but sitting at a big table to get to know other people is what we really like to do. It wasn't happening this cruise. The Maitre'd stuck us all the way at the back in the "forgotten" section as well as just a table for two. VERY disappointing, and it seemed bigger than it was considering how we were still trying to get the Platinum thing worked out too.

P4150503_zps492c604d.jpg

P4150505_zpsca8eb8c8.jpg

This is at the end of the Promenade--this is a bar and just past that to the right of this picture is the Irish pub/piano bar

P4150506_zpsfbbe6010.jpg

P4150507_zps8daea013.jpg

P4150508_zpsb3c4b581.jpg

The Promenade on 5...

P4150528_zps26d73591.jpg

I loved the Imagination review. I will be on her June 3-7. Cant wait. I see you are from the easternshore, what part? We live in Sharptown, MD :rolleyes:

Mattiecat, what a small-ish world. :) We live in Salisbury!!

Valancy, think platinum benefits don't start until after your 10th cruise. Maybe this was the misunderstanding. Was on the Victory 4/15/13.

I'm not arguing with you--actually I looked and it says "complete 10 cruises by December 2013". EVERYONE I have ever talked with that is Platinum says "the 10th cruise you are Platinum."

So now I am *really* confused.

Barry takes his 10th cruise in October; does this mean he won't be Platinum then until we cruise after that? (I am so confused)

You are platinum at the start of your 10th cruise if it occurs prior to December 31st 2013. Just like I was Gold on my last cruise even though I only had 20 cruise days before the cruise, but the 7 day cruise pushed me over the 25 day requirement, so I was Gold when I stepped on board.

You are platinum at the start of your 10th cruise if it occurs prior to December 31st 2013. Just like I was Gold on my last cruise even though I only had 20 cruise days before the cruise, but the 7 day cruise pushed me over the 25 day requirement, so I was Gold when I stepped on board.

THANK YOU... that's what I thought. I feel so much better now. I will also continue with my review; I have lots yet to mention and show!

You've got me sitting on the edge of my seat! Loving your review and awesome pictures. The Imagination was my first cruise - went with my sister late September 2011 when we started our tradition of "Sisters Cruise". Leaving on the Victory for the 5 night Eastern Caribbean cruise in (OMG!!!) just 6 days!!! for our second "Sisters Cruise"!!! We can't hardly contain ourselves :)

THANK YOU... that's what I thought. I feel so much better now. I will also continue with my review; I have lots yet to mention and show!

So what happened with John Heald and Facebook after you posted your issue?

So what happened with John Heald and Facebook after you posted your issue?

Well we got the aforementioned ship on a stick and the goodies (which I did not expect at ALL--I am not one of those with my hand out; just wanted to be Platinum since that's what their webpage states).

So I guess I'm now platinum. My card was platinum and now my luggage tags for our next cruise in October show "priority", so I think it's now done and settled.

You've got me sitting on the edge of my seat! Loving your review and awesome pictures. The Imagination was my first cruise - went with my sister late September 2011 when we started our tradition of "Sisters Cruise". Leaving on the Victory for the 5 night Eastern Caribbean cruise in (OMG!!!) just 6 days!!! for our second "Sisters Cruise"!!! We can't hardly contain ourselves :)

SO happy to help you... you are going to LOOOVE Half Moon Cay. Paradise on earth. This is coming up shortly. I'm going to get started posting on my review again here in a minute.