B2B Allure Of The Seas Pictorial Review - 31st March 2013 & 7th April 2013

What an amazing review. I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you for doing this. You and Sally look absolutely lovely on that last picture in the Bahamas.

We've been to Beaches resorts (Sandals family of resorts) in the past and we loved it. What is the exact name of this Sandals resort in the Bahamas? It's on my bucket list. We've been to Beaches Turks and Caicos and to Beaches Negril with our kids and we loved it. How would you compare the service and the food to the Allure?

How about those sharks! :eek: Are those bull sharks? You were so close! My husband and I are also scuba divers. Were you with Sally on the dive? Pretty impressive/scary!!! We saw a few sharks in Turks and Caicos (lemon sharks and nurse sharks I think-anyway about that size of a shark) so they definately were tinier. :p

Oh, I forgot to say. Apart from these 2 "extra fee" shark dives the diving, as a whole, was better in the Turks & Caicos. Much more life and better visibility by quite some distance.

Paul, It's been a great review and I'm sad to see it end. Thank you so much for taking us along on your honeymoon, I'm really glad you gave us a little taste of your third week as I'd been wondering what you and Sally did. :D Congratulations once again on your wedding, you have a lovely family, I wish you all nothing but happiness in the years to come!

Like many others, I'm sad to this this review completed. I feel as is I've cruised with you and your family these past couple of weeks and will miss your review and you. You must book and go on another cruise quickly so I may go along! Thanks you so much for your time and talent in writing the best review ever.

Paul, It's been a great review and I'm sad to see it end. Thank you so much for taking us along on your honeymoon, I'm really glad you gave us a little taste of your third week as I'd been wondering what you and Sally did. :D Congratulations once again on your wedding, you have a lovely family, I wish you all nothing but happiness in the years to come!

Thank you for the kind wishes. It is appreciated. I wish you lots of happiness too.

Glad you enjoyed it and felt I hd to put a small post-cruise segment in as it was another lovely week.

Like many others, I'm sad to this this review completed. I feel as is I've cruised with you and your family these past couple of weeks and will miss your review and you. You must book and go on another cruise quickly so I may go along! Thanks you so much for your time and talent in writing the best review ever.

It's been nice having you along for the ride. Thank you.

I will do more but unfortunately I have other financial commitments first. If i didn't have the long haul flights to pay for I would do more.... and I don't really fancy the mediterranean :rolleyes: haha

Awesome review. Thanks for getting me even more excited about my upcoming cruise on the Allure. Only 9 more days. I cant wait. Im not sure what I will do to get ready now that your review is over. Any must do cant miss tips for the Allure?

You're more than welcome. Have a great cruise. I may sit down and do a "my top 10 tips" or a "my top 10 favourite moments" segment tomorrow evening if I get a chance!

Loved your review! We are heading out on the Allure this Sunday - can't wait.

Glad you enjoyed it. Have a fantastic cruise! Jealous :cool:

Overall, we had a fantastic honeymoon and wouldn't change a thing!!!

660419083_zps961ba77f.jpg

Thank you for following along. I will certainly keep an eye on the thread and answer any questions you may have.

The end

Great review. I have enjoyed every update. Congratulations to you both on your marriage. I would have liked to have read about your week in the Bahamas too! Look forward to a future review. Ken

Your review has me thinking of a B2B on Allure or Oasis for 2016. We are already on Celebrity Eclipse for the next 2 years. (hump balcony.)

I now want to research the smoking policy on balconies. We are "non".

Soooooo much great info.

Best of everything to the 3 of you.

I'm so sorry your review is over; I've really enjoyed it!! That last photo of you in Nassau is another keeper.

Just as an added incentive, Quantum will be in Nassau from 1:00 pm to 11:59 pm during the 11/23/14 inaugural cruise. You have 539 days to save (well, a little less; final payment is due in early September)!

Thanks for the review. I felt like I was on the trip with you, so much so that I started feeling that end of vacation depression as you got into nights 6 and 7 of the second leg of the B2B. :( Lots of useful information that will help me on my Allure cruise in 2 weeks. :D

Stands and Applauds. What a great job you have done with this review. This, along with Gambee's reviews, plus many others who willingly take the time to put these together, have given me lots of food for thought, as well as hints and tips for our B2B on Allure in just over 6 months.

Interesting as well to see it from a fellow Brit's perspective. There is a huge cruising community here in the UK, but don't see too many reviews on here from our compatriates, which makes it all the better to find one as thorough as yours.

I completed a review following my sailing on Carnival Dream a couple of years back, and don't remember to many others from UK based cruisers in between.

Maybe we should set up a UK based spin off of Cruise Critic ???

Anyway, good job, and happy sailings for the future.

Paul

Great review. I have enjoyed every update. Congratulations to you both on your marriage. I would have liked to have read about your week in the Bahamas too! Look forward to a future review. Ken

Thank you. To be honest I would have liked to have done the last week as well but decided this is not the place haha

Your review has me thinking of a B2B on Allure or Oasis for 2016. We are already on Celebrity Eclipse for the next 2 years. (hump balcony.)

I now want to research the smoking policy on balconies. We are "non".

Soooooo much great info.

Best of everything to the 3 of you.

Haha. You will have no problem finding forums on that here! Some people are obsessed with it!

About making reservations for the waterpark. If you go later in the day, like within the last hour or so- they may let you in without paying. I completely expected to pay, even for going for just a few minutes.

That's a good tip. Personally I would rather pre book in advance and know my schedule. That's just my OCD planning kicking in though.

I'm so sorry your review is over; I've really enjoyed it!! That last photo of you in Nassau is another keeper.

Just as an added incentive, Quantum will be in Nassau from 1:00 pm to 11:59 pm during the 11/23/14 inaugural cruise. You have 539 days to save (well, a little less; final payment is due in early September)!

Haha I'm going to behave for now. I have my eye on the 12th Apr 15 12 night sailing though :) Decision made that I won't book before 11 months before so I will have to wait and see.

Thanks for the review. I felt like I was on the trip with you, so much so that I started feeling that end of vacation depression as you got into nights 6 and 7 of the second leg of the B2B. :( Lots of useful information that will help me on my Allure cruise in 2 weeks. :D

You're welcome. Doing the review kept my depression at bay but I can feel it now haha. I'm glad it was of some use.

Stands and Applauds. What a great job you have done with this review. This, along with Gambee's reviews, plus many others who willingly take the time to put these together, have given me lots of food for thought, as well as hints and tips for our B2B on Allure in just over 6 months.

Interesting as well to see it from a fellow Brit's perspective. There is a huge cruising community here in the UK, but don't see too many reviews on here from our compatriates, which makes it all the better to find one as thorough as yours.

I completed a review following my sailing on Carnival Dream a couple of years back, and don't remember to many others from UK based cruisers in between.

Maybe we should set up a UK based spin off of Cruise Critic ???

Anyway, good job, and happy sailings for the future.

Paul

Thank you. The main reason I did it was because of how others' reviews helped me in the lead up to ours. I actually don't think I have seen any other reviews from Brits. I'm guessing there would be lots for some of the Southampton sailings but I would rather do the Caribbean if I possibly can. Have a fantastic B2B on the Allure.

Ooh one tip for the B2B that I didn't mention earlier. I did not do this but I was told by a very good source:-

When you buy alcohol it is put in storage and delivered to you at the end of the cruise........ we all know this. If you buy it on the first week.....They still do it so you will have it in your cabin at the end of the first week and therefore available for your second week!

There was loads of food for the three of us and it was lovely. The steaks were excellent and perfectly cooked. That was me happy!! This was exactly how I remembered from years ago and was so happy I didn't let my last experience put me off :D

Hi Paul. My fiancé and I sailed on Oasis and ate at Chops back in 2011. We can't remember if eating there is the same as MDR. In other words, can we order several options for entree/sides? We don't really eat that much, as it may sound, but we like to try different options.

Thanks!

I am another for being sad the review is over. You have me seriously wanting to go on the Allure of the Seas! Now Hubby and I just need to find the money...

I would recommend the Allure to anyone. We loved it and the Oasis. I know the feeling about having to find the money. It's the flights I hate paying for but I have limited interest in sailing the Mediterranean as I love the Caribbean :rolleyes:

Hi Paul. My fiancé and I sailed on Oasis and ate at Chops back in 2011. We can't remember if eating there is the same as MDR. In other words, can we order several options for entree/sides? We don't really eat that much, as it may sound, but we like to try different options.

Thanks!

The meals were fairly big.... and I can eat haha. I seem to remember if you want an extra entree it's something like a $10 fee in Chops. I'm sure someone will correct me if i have got the figure wrong. The sides you can just order the lot but they do come out in pretty big portions. I don't think ordering another appetiser or dessert would be an issue at all. Hope that helps a little.

We had a chat with our new neighbours for the week who were a couple from California who I remember saying that they lived in the same street as Britney Spears. They had certainly been upgraded this week to have us as neighbours :D

I must say I'm laughing more during this review than I have in any other! Just found this review today and am certainly enjoying it. And if you mentioned your name, I missed it. I know Chloe and Sally but haven't seen your name yet - maybe I just haven't read far enough yet.

Archived