First Time Living the The 'Suite' Life

I have recently booked a suite for the first time for our upcoming cruise on Oasis. I have read the list of suite perks on the website, below. But with every thread I read, it seems there are others - bridge tours, beach access etc. I don't want to miss out on anything, so hoping people can post the perks they got staying in suites and let me know what to expect.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

What type of suite are you staying in? The perks for instance are very different in a grand suite from a junior suite.

I stayed in a grand suite on Allure last November and it was wonderful. From the priority check in at the cruise terminal in Fort Lauderdale to complimentary things being put in your suite like bowls of fruit, chocolates etc, special reserved seating in the theatre and aqua theatre, reserved seating in a secluded area for sunbathing, in-room full menu from the main dining room, the list goes on and on.

And the biggest perk for me was the double sized balcony and larger cabin. Loved every minute of feeling very special.

In fact, I must have loved it as we are doing the GS again on Independence of the Seas in June!

The special beach for suites is on Labadee, to which Oasis never goes. Usually there is a bridge tour offered, but that is probably up to the captain on any ship or cruise. You may or may not be contacted by e-mail from the concierge a week or so before your cruise giving you information and asking if there is anything they can arrange for you. Some concierges do this and some do not. I assume you have booked a Grand Suite or higher. Those listed perks are for those suites. Jr. Suites do not get those perks.

We are new to the "suite life" as well.

Hopefully we will be able to return to regular rooms from time to time. Otherwise this could get expensive :p.

You are doomed!!! Once you have done a suite it is impossible to go back :p

You are doomed!!! Once you have done a suite it is impossible to go back :p

I'm keep trying to tell myself they will be few and far between so that we can go more often, but I don't know if that will work once we are there :p. I'm thinking it is probably like the balcony addiction. It's hard to go without one now.

This will be our first time in a GS as well!!:D I briefly got the guilts, changed it back to a JS and then decided the heck with it and upgraded back!:p:o We will be on a B2B on the Oasis in September and I can't wait!!

It sounds wonderful!

Tara

We have an Aqua Theater Suite booked. So our suite is listed in the eligible suites.

I am hoping that we will be able to go back to the simple life as well after, but I am assuming it will be like having a balcony. We haven't gone back to no balcony.

Yes, the Aqua Theater Suites are wonderful. The balcony is like having a balcony on steroids. It's awesome. A great perk of a suite is being able to order room service from the full MDR menues during serving hours. They will bring a table cloth if you request it. They will offer several tours like a backstage theater, galley or bridge tour, but they may not offer all on every cruise. There will also be a very nice Captain's cocktail party for Suite guests. You will have reserved seating for the shows (except the comedy shows.) You won't need to make reservations, just show your SeaPass. Enjoy!!

The special beach for suites is on Labadee, to which Oasis never goes. Usually there is a bridge tour offered, but that is probably up to the captain on any ship or cruise. You may or may not be contacted by e-mail from the concierge a week or so before your cruise giving you information and asking if there is anything they can arrange for you. Some concierges do this and some do not. I assume you have booked a Grand Suite or higher. Those listed perks are for those suites. Jr. Suites do not get those perks.

Both the Oasis and the Allure go to Labadee when the do the Western route. Thus, one of these ships visit Labadee each week.

I'm keep trying to tell myself they will be few and far between so that we can go more often, but I don't know if that will work once we are there :p. I'm thinking it is probably like the balcony addiction. It's hard to go without one now.

That's what I thought too. But once we stayed in a suite, we haven't been able to go back, at least on Royal.

Enjoy the suite and its perks- you're going to love them!

Archived