Breezes Nassau - Day Pass Option

mfs2k

You are all talking about Breezes and that sounds like a good option. I saw that someone mentioned Melia and the Riu. Has anyone been to these?

Are they on the same jitney ride as Breezes?

I am on the NCL Escape in November and wanted to explore this option.

We were in Jamaica in January on X Silhouette and we went to Secrets. It was fantastic. Hoping that it will be the same in Nassau.

You are all talking about Breezes and that sounds like a good option. I saw that someone mentioned Melia and the Riu. Has anyone been to these?

We were in Jamaica in January on X Silhouette and we went to Secrets. It was fantastic. Hoping that it will be the same in Nassau.

Not sure about the other places and we shared a cab to breezes with another couple and it was an all inclusive day pass!! ;)

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Does Breezes have lots of chairs and umbrellas?

We went to Melia and it is on the same jitney ride (the #10 Jitney). We enjoyed our stay and the resort was virtually deserted on an April morning. We are considering Breezes this trip.

Does anyone know if the open bar includes beers such as miller lite and bud light or is it just mixed drinks?
I drank there local beer all day!:D You can always call and ask about the bud and miller!;) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Does Breezes have lots of chairs and umbrellas?

They had plenty when we were there in Sept.

Does anyone know if the open bar includes beers such as miller lite and bud light or is it just mixed drinks?

Those weren't an option when we were there. That could've changed since then though.

Edited by ancfun

• 11 months later...
I just called Breezes in Nassau, Bahamas to inquire about a day pass while my ship is in port. The number is (242) 327-5356.

I will be in Nassau on Carnival Glory May 29.

The price for a day pass from 10am to 6pm is $65 per person and includes meals, alcohol, beach, pool, water activities and entertainment.

You just go to the front desk and pay. No advance reservations required.

I'm not sure how close the resort is from the port or how much a taxi will be. Does anyone know?

I just booked the Breezes day passes myself for our Carnival Victory stopover on 6 May.

I used http://www.resortforaday.com - as the rate is a little lower online, and I'll note that sometimes the resorts 'sell out,' - so to make sure, I booked in advance. As the Victory will be in port a long time (12 noon to 11pm), I got both the "day" and "twilight" passes - there's a Carnival Live concert going on that we're not attending that day.

The hotel is about a $15 taxi ride; there's also a public bus - not sure which, but there's information here someplace. It's actually down the beach to the west (Cable Beach) as opposed to the 'island' where Atlantis is, or in the port itself, as the Colonial Hilton is.

My son and i were thinking of going to Breezes for the day. My son is 14. Should bring proof of age?

We probably both read the exact same disclaimer:

-----

All-Inclusive resort on private Cable Beach! All guests must be ages 14 and up.

Day Pass from 10am - 6pm. Twilight Pass from 5pm - 11pm.

-----

I'd bring SOMETHING to prove he's 14...surely he's got a passport card or whatnot, that you'd want to keep on your person anyway.

(We all sometimes forget that we're in a foreign country on these port calls..!)

Yes, chairs and umbrellas are included. The cabanas are $20 but they are by reservation so there probably won't be any available for day passers.

We stayed at Breezes in January for a long weekend and also did a day pass there a couple of years ago. It's a fun place.

ETA: SurferJoe57, I'm glad you found another option for your day in Nassau. Enjoy!

Edited by CruisinCrow

I keep going back and forth between Riu Palace and Breeze. We love the beach and are looking for a really beautiful beach and a great day. Has anyone been to both that could comment?

I keep going back and forth between Riu Palace and Breeze. We love the beach and are looking for a really beautiful beach and a great day. Has anyone been to both that could comment?

We've been to both. I think the beach at RIU is prettier than at Breezes but it's also rougher and there's no water sports. It depends on what you're looking for.

Thanks for your quick reply. I think I am going to change. I sure I would love to be on a beautiful beach, but I also want to be able to swim at the same time. My husband is a strong swimmer and would do fine, but, I would be dragged out to sea. I assume drink/food are the same. I just sent and e-mail changing my reservations. Thanks again for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I just booked the Breezes day passes myself for our Carnival Victory stopover on 6 May.

I used www.resortforaday.com - as the rate is a little lower online, and I'll note that sometimes the resorts 'sell out,' - so to make sure, I booked in advance. As the Victory will be in port a long time (12 noon to 11pm), I got both the "day" and "twilight" passes - there's a Carnival Live concert going on that we're not attending that day.

The hotel is about a $15 taxi ride; there's also a public bus - not sure which, but there's information here someplace. It's actually down the beach to the west (Cable Beach) as opposed to the 'island' where Atlantis is, or in the port itself, as the Colonial Hilton is.

https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauBreezesResortPass.htm is $5 cheaper. I don't know if they offer the twilight pass though.

Island Marketing is charging $80 pp. I'm not sure if it's the same if you get the passes directly from the hotel.

https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauBreezesResortPass.htm

Yes, I spoke to Breezes directly. They do sell the passes at the resort, but recommended to buy them ahead of time because they do sell out. I'm up in the air about this. On one hand, If I buy the pass ahead of time, it would be a bummer if it turns out to be crappy weather, which has certainly happened to me there before. On the other hand, if I wait, the passes may be sold out. Hmmm.... what to do, what to do :confused:

Yes, I spoke to Breezes directly. They do sell the passes at the resort, but recommended to buy them ahead of time because they do sell out. I'm up in the air about this. On one hand, If I buy the pass ahead of time, it would be a bummer if it turns out to be crappy weather, which has certainly happened to me there before. On the other hand, if I wait, the passes may be sold out. Hmmm.... what to do, what to do :confused:

If you use Island Marketing, you'd only lose your deposit if the weather turns out bad. Depending on the time of year you're going, it might be worth it to have guaranteed passes.