Funny thing about my PVP

blizzrd

He was Johnny on the spot before I booked my cruise, eMailing me daily before I booked. He also stated that he would try to get me some OBC but that he could only submit the request once the booking was in the system. He still hasn't told me if we got the obc or not. I'm guessing we will not see a penny of it. I've emailed him a few times recently and he hasnt bothered to respond. He also offered me $100 off the total to sweeten the deal, which was what the fare had come down to a few days later anyways. Also when I booked he was outside smoking and said that he would go back inside if I was ready to book but only if I was ready to book. That should have been my first que. watch outnfornthose pvps, they're sneaky. That also brings me to some other questions. Do you like your PVP? Have you had any bad experiences with a PVP? Surely there's some good ones out there.

My PVP is wonderful. I adore him. He never calls or emails me. He knows that when I call him, I'm ready to book. I know exactly what cabin I want and what the price will be.

So why do I bother? Why not just book online?

Because once I'm booked, I often change my cabin, ask him for price drops (I don't book ES), add someone to my solo booking, change the sailing totally to another ship on another date, etc.

He calls me a week or so after I return home from every cruise to find out my thoughts. He even called me after my HAL cruise to see what I thought of a different line (and a 14-day cruise with 9 sea days!).

I've had him for about 7 years now. I had called to book and when I put in my old PVP's extension number, I was transferred to this guy. I was a little upset that my prior PVP had been promoted to a supervisor and I had someone new. It was the best thing that could've happened. After dealing with this guy one time, I was in love! :p

The PVP I used for my upcoming cruise was suggested by someone who swears by her. I have only spoken to her twice since I booked and she always sounds like she's having the worst day of her life until its time to get off of the phone. At that point I get a rather short answer where she attempts to sound cheerful before dropping the call without saying anything that lets me know the call is over. I'm usually still talking and trying to thank her for her assistance when she disconnects. She never contacts me or sends any emails for special offers. I've heard that a lot of them will follow up with you from time to time after you've booked and according to the person who referred me to her, she follows up with them regularly, but not me.

Just to see if she is on top of things, I mock book while logged in from time to time and she's never called me to see if I'm actually interested in the cruise I'm mock booking. I know a lot of people on here complain that they get calls from their PVP while mock booking. Well I can suggest one that will never contact you again after you're booked! I booked our Pride cruise by calling the 800# because I feel like I'm just a number to the PVP I used and I don't want her to get credit for booking my cruise if she's going to be rude and unhelpful after the fact when I have questions or problems and need help.

We Iove our PVP. We've been using his services for 8 years and we would not book a Carnival cruise any other way.

We get together with him every time we are in South FL, even when we are not sailing on Carnival. He's also joined us on embarkation day on the Liberty (twice) and on the Dream to have lunch with us and to give us a personal tour of the ship.

Don't know how many can say that their TA's provide that kind of personal service.

Sorry you had a bad PVP. I had a lazy one that I only used once, but my current PVP is great. He sends me travel brochures *electronic* for the places I'll be going to, responds to my emails, even calls me right before my cruise to wish me a bon voyage and then emails me when I get home to ask how my trip was. He is patient and has a wonderful sense of humor. He has handled all of my cabin changes, upgrades, and price drops promptly and successfully.

My PVP is great!!! There are times when I think I am being a pain especially when I have a ton of questions, but he always assures me he is there for whatever I need and not to worry. If I cant reach him right away, he is very prompt in either calling back or responding to my emails. Even when I had to call the regular line to cancel a cruise earlier this year due to an unexpected health issue, he later emailed me well wishes and a speedy recovery (he certainly didnt need to do that). He also is very upfront and honest and has never promised me the moon. He does however make sure you understand policies and goes out of his way to try to get you the best deal he can. I understand in every situation there are those that take pride in their work and those that just "stink". I guess I just got lucky.

I've had a few bad Pvp's and TA's as well. The worst thing is that many don't return Email's or Phones call's in a timely manner (approx 24 -48 hrs).

My former PVP would only return emails when the subject line stated "Ready to Book". Didn't matter how many emails I sent he wouldn't answer. Whenever I called he was either busy with another client and would get right back to me (very seldom happened) or was "out of the office, leave a message". Those are the reasons he is now known as my FORMER PVP.

As a previous poster said, there are good and bad out there. I'm still looking for the good. :cool:

I love my PVP. I had something like five price drops during the last sale and she was always friendly and helpful making the changes. If I had to leave a message she called me back that day and said it was taken care of. She had a day off during one of the drops and the person covering her called me back right away as well.

I've always wanted to work with a PVP, and finally have one only because my adult daughter received a "flyer" in the mail. I did call Carnival to book my cruise and asked for a PVP, but the young lady told me she could help me (NOT)! I want to have someone call me with upgrades, price drops, etc. My PVP said that I can call her for any questions I might have. If she doesn't work out, then I will call and ask for someone else.

PVP's do NOT know everything. In fact, there's a lot they don't know.

With that said, I'm pretty happy with mine. She occasionally calls me (maybe twice a year) to see if I'm interested in a cruise or if she has a special deal and she's ALWAYS returned calls and/or answered my emails. I actually got her after my former PVP left without even saying goodbye....and somehow I ended up with her, but she's really good, super friendly and always pleasant to talk to. I know she works in the corporate office but I also know that some PVP's work from home in other areas. She told me this once when we were talking.

What she didn't know: I recently booked a cruise on the Ecstasy for October 7th and I asked her about purchasing the FTTF option. She told me to check the Shore Excursions AFTER I made my final payment. Today I logged on and went to MANAGE MY CRUISE and then SHORE EXCURSIONS and sure enough, FTTF was an option to buy for my cruise!!! So, I did it and I got a message that I would recieve an email receipt. I then emailed her to make sure I hadn't scred up and she wrote back and said "I don't think you'll be emailed a receipt for it". Guess what? I got a reciept emailed to me so I copied it and sent it to her. My card has been charged and I have a confirmation page that I've bought it for MY cruise on Oct 7th!

So....two things: (1) You CAN purchase FTTF before your final payment IF it's available and (2) PVP's don't know "everything". There's things they aren't evidently brought up to speed on. :) But, I still really like my PVP and Ill continue to work with her.

Archived