Fine Dining on Indy

Hi Guys,

I will be sailing on Indy in October and have sailed on her before but I am keen to know how the 'Chops Grill' and the Italian restaurant are doing.

Is the food still of a very high standard ?

Do they book up fast ?

How much is it to book per person per night ?

Is the Italian the same price ?

Apart from Johnny Rockets is there any other 'pay per eat ' restaurants ?

Hi Guys,

I will be sailing on Indy in October and have sailed on her before but I am keen to know how the 'Chops Grill' and the Italian restaurant are doing.

Do they book up fast ?

Chops is $30 per person, and Portofino is $20 per person.

We had dinner at one of them (truly can't remember which one) as part of a more expensive "murder mystery show". Just a warning -- don't book this. It was terrible. What a waste of money! But the meal was very good.

Remember Independence has Giovanni's Table now, not Portofino.

Good catch, forgot about that.

Giovanni's is $20 per person for dinner and $15 per person for lunch.

We had dinner at one of them (truly can't remember which one) as part of a more expensive "murder mystery show". Just a warning -- don't book this. It was terrible. What a waste of money! But the meal was very good.

That would be in Portofino, but I don't believe they do the murder mystery shows anymore.

I am slightly confused now, has Portofino had a name change ?

Is Giovani's a new restaurant ?

:cool:

Same place, different name. Maybe different layout/furniture and will be different menu.

Same place, different name. Maybe different layout/furniture and will be different menu.

From the dry dock pictures it looks like they completely gutted Portofino, so it will definitely look different inside. Giovanni's table is more casual than Portofino.

I am slightly confused now, has Portofino had a name change ?

Is Giovani's a new restaurant ?

I see you mentioned having lunch there is this available in chops also ? :cool:

More than a name change, Giovanni's is a different restaurant that is gradually replacing Portofino throughout the fleet. Giovanni's is open for lunch and dinner, Chops is only open for dinner.

Hi Guys,

Do they book up fast ?

I can safely say that IMO Chops grill offers the best fillet steak anywhere on land or at sea.

I always have fillet steak if its on the menu as I like to judge a restaurant on its fillet steaks (I know it's very sad). I have been to a good few top London restaurants and Chops grill still offers the best overall steak.

The speciality restaurants are never fully booked but we always book just in case.

Seeing this made me remember, I did a MME onboard Indy a few years back and whilst yes, the 'entertainment' was a bit hammed up, the steak I had was one of the best I have ever had, on any of the 3 lines I have cruised! Who'd have thunk it! :D

I loved the murder mystery. It was such fun :-)

That would be in Portofino, but I don't believe they do the murder mystery shows anymore.

I have the 'Murder Mystery Theatre' meal booked for our Indy cruise to Norway this month...so they still do them :)

I am anticipating the acting to be cheesy and a lot of fun :D

Archived