same ship, different week: stats on norovirus carrying over?

I'm really looking forward to my Quebec to Boston cruise on the Veendam sailing on the 11th.

But I just read in WCB's blog that the Veendam has been under code red with 600 passengers suffering norovirus.

Does anyone know the stats on norovirus carrying over from one trip to the next on the same ship? Or, more specifically, what's the likelihood the Veendam will still be under code red?

I'm really looking forward to my Quebec to Boston cruise on the Veendam sailing on the 11th.

But I just read in WCB's blog that the Veendam has been under code red with 600 passengers suffering norovirus.

Does anyone know the stats on norovirus carrying over from one trip to the next on the same ship? Or, more specifically, what's the likelihood the Veendam will still be under code red?

well, I can only go by what happened when we boarded a ship that was under code red. They did a deep cleaning and embarkation was delayed several hours (so don't go early).

We were in code red for the first two days (not code orange) and unfortunately some were sick so we were in code red for one half of the cruise.

I'm not saying this will happen to you - it was just our experience

You read it on World Cruiser's Blogs? Why Veendam on World Cruiser Blog?

I don't read it.

Thanks.

You read it on World Cruiser's Blogs? Why Veendam on World Cruiser Blog?

I don't read it.

Thanks.

His blog mentioned that while in Ft. Lauderdale they ran into some passengers from the Veendam and rumor was that the ship was in red alert because 600 or so passengers came down with noro. And he mentioned that a crew member was joining the Amsterdam but had to say in isolation for 3 days just in case.

I posted another thread about the delayed boarded on May 4 in Boston. We've been notified that boarding will not begin until 1:00. I assume that is to give them more time to clear the ship and complete a deep cleaning. My understanding is that 60 (not 600) passengers and 10 crew members were sick on the previous sailing. I expect that the ship will be in Code Red for the start of our cruise. We're doing the back to back so I assume that most of our cruise will be fine, assuming there is not a new outbreak.

I posted another thread about the delayed boarded on May 4 in Boston. We've been notified that boarding will not begin until 1:00. I assume that is to give them more time to clear the ship and complete a deep cleaning. My understanding is that 60 (not 600) passengers and 10 crew members were sick on the previous sailing. I expect that the ship will be in Code Red for the start of our cruise. We're doing the back to back so I assume that most of our cruise will be fine, assuming there is not a new outbreak.

Whew.....60 passengers and 10 crew members is bad enough but 600 ill would be really horrible and probably would have been all over the news. That said it's really hard to say when and where the dreaded virus is going to raise its head. We were on the Volendam a couple of years ago for an 11-day cruise and no Code Red or even a mention. The very next cruise on the Volendam got hammered with a significant outbreak. Admittedly it would be preferable to get on a ship without a recent history of illness that's no guarantee it isn't going to happen on the next.

Archived