Captain's Circle Cocktails

missalto

Having just gotten back from B2B on Sapphire princess. Here are a few of my observations: In Skywalkers, they let anyone join a table as long as 1 person had a silver or black card. The servers were more interested in " selling " drinks than who was in the room. The room tended to be full most of the time. Some people brought their own wine or cocktails from their room. We brought I-Tea from the Horizon court, & the servers didn't care. If you didn't order liquor, they just concentrated on those that did.

If you tip the servers, you tend to get GREAT service.

Having just gotten back from B2B on Sapphire princess. Here are a few of my observations: In Skywalkers, they let anyone join a table as long as 1 person had a silver or black card. The servers were more interested in " selling " drinks than who was in the room. The room tended to be full most of the time. Some people brought their own wine or cocktails from their room. We brought I-Tea from the Horizon court, & the servers didn't care. If you didn't order liquor, they just concentrated on those that did.

If you tip the servers, you tend to get GREAT service.

Thanks for the update! I plan on tipping the servers. They work hard.

On another thread regarding the Elite/Platinum cocktail party, one poster posted the "menu" for the week on their cruise. For me anyway it will give me an opportunity to try different drinks that I normally wouldn't try. So I'll be looking forward to it; of course I may not go back if it doesn't "strike my fancy".

Here is the menu along with drink specials from last week's Sapphire Princess Coastal Cruise. The two nights we went were well attended.

Saturday

Authentic Mexican Salsa w/Tortilla Chips

Mojito - $5

Sunday

Wheel of Stilton with Port Wine, Walnut Baguette

House Port - $5

Monday

Smoked Salmon with Toast Points, Onion Rings, Capers and Lemon

Chairman of the Board - $5

Tuesday

Beef Steak Tartare with Melba Toast

Chivas Regal Rob Roy - $5

Wednesday

Shrimp Fountain with American Cocktail Sauce

Cosmopolitan - $5

Thursday – None (Captain’s Circle Party)

Friday

Freshly Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

El Mejor Margarita - $5

Here is the menu along with drink specials from last week's Sapphire Princess Coastal Cruise. The two nights we went were well attended.

Saturday

Authentic Mexican Salsa w/Tortilla Chips

Mojito - $5

Sunday

Wheel of Stilton with Port Wine, Walnut Baguette

House Port - $5

Monday

Smoked Salmon with Toast Points, Onion Rings, Capers and Lemon

Chairman of the Board - $5

Tuesday

Beef Steak Tartare with Melba Toast

Chivas Regal Rob Roy - $5

Wednesday

Shrimp Fountain with American Cocktail Sauce

Cosmopolitan - $5

Thursday – None (Captain’s Circle Party)

Friday

Freshly Made Guacamole with Tortilla Chips

El Mejor Margarita - $5

There are several cocktails I've not tried (Chairman of the Board I've not heard of) but I'm a fan of all those appetizers, so it looks like I'd enjoy those get togethers.

We always have a good time. We each stick with our normal drink which are not on the $5 list. Some nights I'll just have a couple of pieces of cheese and a few crackers. We enjoy sitting and talking to people.

When I went on my first Princess Cruise in 2004, we made friends with someone who was a past passenger. She invited us to a cocktail party in one of the lounges. It was fun, we met the Captain and several crew members. Very nice. A friend had given me a cruise book with a place for the Captain's signature. He was very nice and signed it for me.

Is this the party the same party as the Captain's Party?

I have been on several Royal Caribbean cruises so we get invited to those parties. Free drinks, finger foods etc. Raffle of free cruise.

I do not drink, so I do not care about the alcohol but I do eat and love a party.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

When I went on my first Princess Cruise in 2004, we made friends with someone who was a past passenger. She invited us to a cocktail party in one of the lounges. It was fun, we met the Captain and several crew members. Very nice. A friend had given me a cruise book with a place for the Captain's signature. He was very nice and signed it for me.

Is this the party the same party as the Captain's Party?

I have been on several Royal Caribbean cruises so we get invited to those parties. Free drinks, finger foods etc. Raffle of free cruise.

I do not drink, so I do not care about the alcohol but I do eat and love a party.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

That sounds like the Captain's Circle party.

We always have a good time. We each stick with our normal drink which are not on the $5 list. Some nights I'll just have a couple of pieces of cheese and a few crackers. We enjoy sitting and talking to people.

This is what I like about the PES lounge-disappointed to see Japanese Slipper not on the cocktail list-my favourite-but then again next cruise out of Aust. so no PES lounge at all:( Chairman If the Board will put you to bed:p

• 5 years later...
On 5/4/2013 at 3:27 PM, windsor26 said:

The Captains welcome cocktail party is no longer what it used to be it is now sometimes amalgamated with the champagne waterfall and only champagne and mimosas are offered or if the waterfall is saved for the goodbye 'party' there will be very well watered down coloured 'cocktails' or fruit juice or sometimes a pink champagne mix (with cranberry juice) No longer is there a choice of red or white wine offered. This by the way is my own knowledge while on the last 6 cruises with Princess USA and Australia 😄

I usually just ask for a Gin and Tonic. They always bring it. It takes a little longer than taking one of the pre-mixed drinks but ordering that way there is generally time to have two drinks which is plenty.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2013 at 11:07 AM, Shadavi said:

OK - now I understand:o One of my gripes actually as I was annoyed to find that Princess do not offer the PES lounge/happy hour on Aust. based ships:(. Its a very nice, convivial way to catch up with friends at the end of the day). Most often have a different drink rather than the 'special' but it is a nice meeting place and really missed it on the Sun.

Unfortunately IMHO if Princess really want to save money they could do away with the farce of the Captain's "Cocktail Party" and the "Champagne Waterfall". These classic cruise icons have been bastardized to such a degree that we don't go to them anymore. They are a bun fight and an embarrassment. Another reason we miss the PES lounge so much. Maybe it is 'big ship' syndrome:(

That's a change from November 2016 when I sailed the Golden Princess in a Window Suite. Too late for the PES lounge on embarkation day,, went the next night and enjoyed it, but found looking out the windows at Bass Strait provoked a queasy tummy, so I finished my drink and retreated to the lower decks and inside. I came good when I couldn't see the waves!