Do you buy booze on the ship? What and how much?

Hi, wanted to know if buying booze on the ship is a good deal and what kinds are popular?

We are driving to our next cruise in Baltimore, and DH loves the Sheridan's. We cannot find it locally. So we will probably be buying a couple of those to bring home.

What do you buy, and how much??

I have some Sheridan's here, and have come to think it's just too sweet. I prefer Amarula, which is murula fruit creme liquor and runs 2 bottles for $29.99. You cant buy it in the U.S. so I have nothing to compare the price to, to know if its a good deal or not. I buy what I like.

me and some other did a taste test, and after they tried both together, a bunch of people on my last cruise agreed with me.

If your gonna get booze on the cruise I would advise going to the tasting event as that is where they offer good deals

I buy Sheridan's I got two bottles of it on my last cruise but I cannot for the love of me find the receipt

Amarula is south African liquor and I can get it here in Makro (kinda like Costco) for £14 which is something like $21.50 (looked on my converter haha) so that isn't a good deal in terms of me because I can get it cheaper at home in the UK but I got Sheridan's because we had a further week in orlando and were meeting up with family out there so we had a lil party in the villa after the cruise haha

Remeber the ship will match any price you find off the ship. Just take a picture and take it to the fun shop and they will match. Compare on the ship and check prices onshore

If your gonna get booze on the cruise I would advise going to the tasting event as that is where they offer good deals

I buy Sheridan's I got two bottles of it on my last cruise but I cannot for the love of me find the receipt

Amarula is south African liquor and I can get it here in Makro (kinda like Costco) for £14 which is something like $21.50 (looked on my converter haha) so that isn't a good deal in terms of me because I can get it cheaper at home in the UK but I got Sheridan's because we had a further week in orlando and were meeting up with family out there so we had a lil party in the villa after the cruise haha

If you can get amurula for $21.50 and I got TWO bottles for $29.99 how is that not a good deal and you say its cheaper in the UK?

I also have a 1 liter of Grand Marnier that I think I paid $32.99. I am forever trying to figure out if the smaller bottles where they sometimes give a little extra sample with them are a better deal or not. I think the smaller bottles are around $29 for 750 ml. sizes. I have seen the smaller one on a 2 fer deal though, but not the 1 liter size. (and the smaller bottles might not be 750 ml. but there is a smaller size they sell onboard that is not sold in liters.

I think the Sheriden's was up to one bottle for $34.99 last time .. gone up significantly and I cant hardly make myself drink it.

I also have a pretty wide selection of good tequilas, some of which they dont seem to carry right now, so no point in saying how much they cost.

OK, so I opened the Sheridan's and trying to drink some of it now.. I am saving the amarula for after the sheridan's bottle is gone.

My wife and I just got off the Valor. We bought bottles in port and took them home on the plane (there is a picture below in my sig of just HOW MUCH we purchased). All made it safely home - we like to put it in the luggage with our dirty laundry to screw over the TSA agents if they have to search our bags, lol.

On the ship is cheaper than a liquor store, ESPECIALLY in Maryland. However, ports are super cheaper.

If you can get amurula for $21.50 and I got TWO bottles for $29.99 how is that not a good deal and you say its cheaper in the UK?

I also have a 1 liter of Grand Marnier that I think I paid $32.99. I am forever trying to figure out if the smaller bottles where they sometimes give a little extra sample with them are a better deal or not. I think the smaller bottles are around $29 for 750 ml. sizes. I have seen the smaller one on a 2 fer deal though, but not the 1 liter size. (and the smaller bottles might not be 750 ml. but there is a smaller size they sell onboard that is not sold in liters.

I think the Sheriden's was up to one bottle for $34.99 last time .. gone up significantly and I cant hardly make myself drink it.

I also have a pretty wide selection of good tequilas, some of which they dont seem to carry right now, so no point in saying how much they cost.

OK, so I opened the Sheridan's and trying to drink some of it now.. I am saving the amarula for after the sheridan's bottle is gone.

oops:eek: I should of prefixed this in my response I do not like Amurula, my sister does drink it from time to time and so she wouldn't want to accumulate two bottles of it when its a drink that she would only drink on the odd day off or family house party.

So YES it might be a good deal for you but its not for me as I don't drink it :D and the Sheridan's which we did buy was not only consumed by me but other members of my family so it was money well spent for a family party :D

LOL so you have me to thank for drinking the Sheridan's now!! I am going to try the amarula too. I go to the tastings, but I do get discouraged if the lines are too long. But whatever, I'm sure we will come home with a little stash. ;)

Remeber the ship will match any price you find off the ship. Just take a picture and take it to the fun shop and they will match. Compare on the ship and check prices onshore

I always do this when I'm in the port stores... Then back on board, I show them the photo, with the size of the bottle and price, and it's not a problem to have them match it!!! Rum is what I buy, usually.

Go to the tasting. Take photos of your favorites on the ship, or jot down the prices... and then check in your ports...

LOL so you have me to thank for drinking the Sheridan's now!! I am going to try the amarula too. I go to the tastings, but I do get discouraged if the lines are too long. But whatever, I'm sure we will come home with a little stash. ;)

I could only drink maybe a jigger or so, not enough for a real buzz. Its just so sweet to me. I think its just something I used to like because it was unique, but the sweetness gets to me so I cant drink very much at a time.

If you drink Cosmopolitan's buy Cointreau. it's like $48 for 2 bottles 1 bottle where I live in FL is like $38.

Grey Goose is usually a few bucks cheaper than the states.

If you like premium liquors (i.e Patron, Grey Goose, whiskey's etc) the ships or ports are the place to stock up. Absolute and Stoli are cheap as well but personally I'd rather be sober than drink either of those.

If you buy multiple bottles in places like AH Riise they do give you a 2 for price. The ship will match the price if you're running late snap a picture.

Archived