Freedom B2B Trip Review 4/28/13 - 5/12/13 (picture heavy)!!!

Just read your review again in preparation for our first B2B on FOS in September.

This morning I upgraded from a D2 balcony to a JS, so enjoyed seeing the pictures of your stateroom. I think we're really going to love the extra space.

I noticed you said there's a coffee maker. Do you recall if there was a pot for making tea as well?

Thanks again for your excellent review and pictures. :)

My pleasure and enjoy your B2B! There was not a pot specifically for tea. There is a drip coffee maker which comes with a pot. I think to get water hot enough to make tea, you'll probably have to run the coffee maker with no grounds in it and then put tea bags in the resulting hot water to steep. I don't see why that wouldn't work, but I've never tried it. I'm pretty sure there is no heating element (aka warmer) under where the pot goes like many coffee makers have because that would pose a significant fire hazard (it would be essentially a hot plate).

I thoroughly enjoyed your very detailed review. My family will be sailing on FOS for the first time this August after a 7 year cruise hiatus. Needless to say, we're so very excited and this review has just given us so much information about the ship and the ports (we're doing western). Thank you so much for taking the time to do this awesome review ( I was so sad that it had to end) :D

I thoroughly enjoyed your very detailed review. My family will be sailing on FOS for the first time this August after a 7 year cruise hiatus. Needless to say, we're so very excited and this review has just given us so much information about the ship and the ports (we're doing western). Thank you so much for taking the time to do this awesome review ( I was so sad that it had to end) :D

I'm very happy that you enjoyed it and found it helpful. Thank you for taking the time to read it. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.:)

I'm very happy that you enjoyed it and found it helpful. Thank you for taking the time to read it. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.:)

Alright, I've now read both of your reviews and feel ready to appoint you as Cruise Critic's best review writer. Thanks for putting so much work into it. I am looking forward to your next cruise almost as much as my own.

Alright, I've now read both of your reviews and feel ready to appoint you as Cruise Critic's best review writer. Thanks for putting so much work into it. I am looking forward to your next cruise almost as much as my own.

Thank you so much. That really means a lot to me.:)

I'm looking forward to my next cruise as well. It hits two bucket list items at once - Panama Canal and a real suite (thank you BOGOHO)!:D

I too just found this review!! EXCELLENT!!

I am also taking the Space Center VIP tour after the cruise. What time did you leave the center to get to the airport?

Now, on tho the Allure review! :D:D

Thank you!!

Found this ONLY a year late. That's better than I usually do. I'm glad you let Solstice come with you.

Terrific review. I will now move into 2014 for Allure.

Well, it is still kicking around on page 1 of the forums... (Cruise Critic people and their thread necromancy:rolleyes:)

Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the very kind words. As for "letting" Solstice come with me, that's not quite how I'd word it. ;)

I too just found this review!! EXCELLENT!!

I am also taking the Space Center VIP tour after the cruise. What time did you leave the center to get to the airport?

Now, on tho the Allure review! :D:D

Thank you!!

You are most welcome. IIRC, the tour ended at something like 2:30 pm. We were at the airport by 3:00 pm (I think). Certainly in plenty of time to make a flight within their guidelines. I think they request flights 4:30 pm or later or something like that.

As I said in the review, the time at the Space Center is a very good length, but there is no way to see everything without a full day or even more. It remains the best shore excursion I've ever done.

Just found this review yesterday and I must join in with all the others . . Best Review I've read! You set the bar very high.

I read a lot here on the forums and don't post much at all, but I just had to say Kudos and Thank You for the wonderful review.

Now I have to go start on your Allure B2B!

Thanks,

SandyTex

Just found this review yesterday and I must join in with all the others . . Best Review I've read! You set the bar very high.

I read a lot here on the forums and don't post much at all, but I just had to say Kudos and Thank You for the wonderful review.

Now I have to go start on your Allure B2B!

There's a bar?!? Do they serve strong drinks? Do they take the drink package? Oh, you meant another kind of bar.;)

Thank you very much for the kind words of support. I'm just thrilled people are taking the time to read it and like what they see.

You should post more often!

• 4 weeks later...
Bumping this wonderful review again!

This is what I look at when I'm daydreaming about our upcoming B2B on FOS. It can't get here soon enough.

Thank you!

And I'll admit to being just a little jealous that you're doing a B2B on Freedom. She is my favorite ship so far.

Introduction

Hello everyone. I'm new to these boards and new to writing cruise/trip reviews, but I figured I'd give it a shot and start off huge with a trip review of my back-to-back on the Freedom of the Seas! Yea, you heard me: Two cruises, one cabin, no packing or unpacking.

We are doing a B2B on the Freedom in September! Same cabin for both cruises as well, so no unpacking for us either. :p The only difference is we are doing the Eastern Caribbean first and we get San Juan instead of St. Thomas (which is a bummer :( )

Now, I have to catch up on your review!

Edited by lv2bcruzin

We are doing a B2B on the Freedom in September! Same cabin for both cruises as well, so no unpacking for us either. :p The only difference is we are doing the Eastern Caribbean first and we get San Juan instead of St. Thomas (which is a bummer :( )

Now, I have to catch up on your review!

Me too! Have you started packing yet? :D

Thank you!

And I'll admit to being just a little jealous that you're doing a B2B on Freedom. She is my favorite ship so far.

Great to hear she's your favorite so far! This will be our first time sailing on a Freedom class ship. We also have a JS booked for both weeks, so no unpacking in-between for us either. We're more forward, very near the front elevators, 9548. A little more walking to get to the Champagne Bar for our pre-dinner cocktails. Also one of our favorites. :)

I have this exact same B2B booked in October 2014.. was on Freedom in 2011 but cannot wait to do the B2b ..something about staying on when they kick everyone off makes me happy :D ..

I second this! Our B2B is in September. Though, at the end when we do have to leave I will still be bummed out. :p Maybe we should do a B2B2B or even a B2B2B2B! :D Or maybe just become a stowaway! :p

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Me too! Have you started packing yet? :D

LOL. No. We are last minute packers regardless of where and for how long. We will probably start packing a day or two before.

Great to hear she's your favorite so far! This will be our first time sailing on a Freedom class ship. We also have a JS booked for both weeks, so no unpacking in-between for us either. We're more forward, very near the front elevators, 9548. A little more walking to get to the Champagne Bar for our pre-dinner cocktails. Also one of our favorites. :)

We had an Accessible JS on our last cruise thanks to a huge price drop. Those cabins are as big as a GS. That did mean that we lost our D1 Hump which we have never done. We are in a D1 Aft on the Freedom. Still my favorite location until I can compare to a hump.

We are doing a B2B on the Freedom in September! Same cabin for both cruises as well, so no unpacking for us either. The only difference is we are doing the Eastern Caribbean first and we get San Juan instead of St. Thomas (which is a bummer )

Losing out on St. Thomas is unfortunate - it is a fantastic port with great beaches (did both Magens and Coki Point). However, San Juan is very nice too. It's not like they stuck you with Nassau.:eek:

Great to hear she's your favorite so far! This will be our first time sailing on a Freedom class ship. We also have a JS booked for both weeks, so no unpacking in-between for us either. We're more forward, very near the front elevators, 9548. A little more walking to get to the Champagne Bar for our pre-dinner cocktails. Also one of our favorites.

To be 100% honest, the location isn't that big of a deal (with a few exceptions). I made way more out of cabin location than I probably should have. But it made for good reading. ;)

I second this! Our B2B is in September. Though, at the end when we do have to leave I will still be bummed out. :p Maybe we should do a B2B2B or even a B2B2B2B! :D Or maybe just become a stowaway! :p

I've considered doing more than a B2B, but I'm not sure I ever would. I've done a 12 day and two 7-day B2Bs. Every time, I was ready to get off by the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK i bookmarked this from when i first read it ...and now that my B2B is in six weeks sat down today and reread the whole thing ....:eek:...perhaps i am a little excited ..only regret i have is we are doing it in the reverse order...I wanted to be on the week of Halloween and the Eastern leg the week after has a large group which made it impossible to get the three cabins we wanted together or the same cabins for both legs..but its all good...starting out with two nites pre cruise in cocoa beach to chill !!!

OK i bookmarked this from when i first read it ...and now that my B2B is in six weeks sat down today and reread the whole thing ....:eek:...perhaps i am a little excited ..only regret i have is we are doing it in the reverse order...I wanted to be on the week of Halloween and the Eastern leg the week after has a large group which made it impossible to get the three cabins we wanted together or the same cabins for both legs..but its all good...starting out with two nites pre cruise in cocoa beach to chill !!!

East then West... West then East... Either way it's a Freedom B2B. Enjoy it! Two nights in Cocoa Beach will certainly get you ready for the cruise.

We'll be chiiaxin in Cocoa Beach with you. Reading this again now that we are 6 weeks out so I don't forget anything.

I'm just glad I can help you guys have the best cruise possible.

I can't believe this review is still being read. :D